HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just get none of the credit apparently though. :lame:
haha. It happens when people work together behind the scenes. cubs and I were on quite a few of the wolves fairly early thanks to various contribution by most the villagers this game, and he had the ability that helped confirm those thoughts.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm voting stealing is as fun as it looks for anyone interested.

Reactions: 7 users
@Lupin21 I owe you an apology, lol

I almost took the vig ability for myself so I could kill a few players, but I decided that if I was wrong I would just really risk hurting village.

Not sure what's happened in my old age that I'm able to put good of village beyond my rage

I really really wanted to

If you *truly* knew a player was neutral, meaning they could win with either side, and did *not* have an *exclusive* win condition (which achieving would *exclude* villager and wolf factions winning), then it would be one thing to try to work with them.

Although like in AM's example where she needed particular sorts of horses to die and had a vig ×3 ability, there's certainly the incentive for a 3rd party to hurt the village cause in pursuing their own condition.

I've played neutral before, siding with village. But, thinking about it, as we got closer to lylo, it would have been possible for me to switch sides if I felt that pathway was likelier for me to live.

By definition, they have an agenda that cannot be relied upon to be purely village or wolf. It is other.

I think that sometimes neutral can work out, but in my mind that is a big if. It depends on whether or not they have a condition besides surviving to endgame and winning with either side, whether or not they have kill powers, and if you can trust all that AND that they won't flip sides at any points.

A lot of ifs.

So I will be out of town next week Wed-Sun. For whatever reason SDN has not been good for me with alerts in the Lounge or pre-vet. If you can tag me, open a convo with me, or just auto-sign me up for a game, that would be rad. Depending on days not sure if Wed-Sun trip means I can't play, so please let me know.

Also, thanks wolves for not killing me until after my procedure.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the game mods! I had fun being salty in dead chat since I had to die....so so soon. :rolleyes:

@muttmanager @Dinashadow @CoffeeQuestionMark
Y'all owe me some rent money :D

MerryAmusedAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Both my manators and you (my wolf manator) were wolves this game :(

Stay tuned for the next Sporty game in which the mechanics somehow get even more complicated than my three previous games!

Best fun fact about this game: RNG placed @Melchizedek, @CoffeeQuestionMark, and @Dinashadow all as wolves together, after wolfing the last game.
RNG also placed @WildZoo as a wolf with @Mad Jack, which Dubz has been wanting for-EV-er, but she requested to be vanilla this game. :p

We were meant to have another try after our fake seering attempt failed miserably last game

I don’t know, dude. I think lynching 5 wolves in a row is pretty good group play.
I understand his frustration. I felt it in the last game.

Somewhere along the way people became extremely closed-minded to entertaining a number of possibilities, which is really too bad in a game based on logic and one's ability to consider those possibilities. SOV noted this in the last game as well. I don't think it's a concern from out of nowhere.

You kidding? Coffee and Mutts were eating sugar cubes out of my hand :rofl:
Heyy I thought we estabilisted this wasnt a voluntary residence. The pocket must be where I get all my tin foil kool aid :thinking:

@Lupin21 I owe you an apology, lol

I almost took the vig ability for myself so I could kill a few players, but I decided that if I was wrong I would just really risk hurting village.

Not sure what's happened in my old age that I'm able to put good of village beyond my rage

I really really wanted to

If you *truly* knew a player was neutral, meaning they could win with either side, and did *not* have an *exclusive* win condition (which achieving would *exclude* villager and wolf factions winning), then it would be one thing to try to work with them.

Although like in AM's example where she needed particular sorts of horses to die and had a vig ×3 ability, there's certainly the incentive for a 3rd party to hurt the village cause in pursuing their own condition.

I've played neutral before, siding with village. But, thinking about it, as we got closer to lylo, it would have been possible for me to switch sides if I felt that pathway was likelier for me to live.

By definition, they have an agenda that cannot be relied upon to be purely village or wolf. It is other.

I think that sometimes neutral can work out, but in my mind that is a big if. It depends on whether or not they have a condition besides surviving to endgame and winning with either side, whether or not they have kill powers, and if you can trust all that AND that they won't flip sides at any points.

A lot of ifs.
I wondered why you didnt take the vig ability. Kinda glad you didnt bc I likely would've died lol.. seriously thanks for the lessons

Somewhere along the way people became extremely closed-minded to entertaining a number of possibilities, which is really too bad in a game based on logic and one's ability to consider those possibilities. SOV noted this in the last game as well. I don't think it's a concern from out of nowhere.
A lot of it sounds like people being grouchy about being lynched to me ;)

I dunno man. We have a lot of new players and they are still learning of course, figuring out what works for them. But this is three (?) village wins in a row and they didn't happen by accident. I'd say this crew is doing a pretty good job.

Reactions: 9 users

I don’t know where everyone is getting the idea that this game is based on logic. I feel like I played better as a villager this game, and I went by gut instinct and emotions. Wolves will twist you up with logical explanations for everything they do. Sometimes you have to put aside that logic and go with what you feel is right.

I think there are several newer players who are opinionated and not afraid to speak up about what they think. It comes off as closed-minded when the vocal minority happens to agree. All that tells me is that more people need to speak up, which is something we have all always pushed for in this game, and not a recent development.

Reactions: 7 users
I don’t know where everyone is getting the idea that this game is based on logic. I feel like I played better as a villager this game, and I went by gut instinct and emotions. Wolves will twist you up with logical explanations for everything they do. Sometimes you have to put aside that logic and go with what you feel is right.

I think there are several newer players who are opinionated and not afraid to speak up about what they think. It comes off as closed-minded when the vocal minority happens to agree. All that tells me is that more people need to speak up, which is something we have all always pushed for in this game, and not a recent development.
How do you defend a gut feeling? I've accepted my gut is usually wrong, so to counter that how do you agree with out being called out as sheeping?

this game is still going? :yawn:

:nod:
My gut feels and a little bit of VCA work much better for me than trying to logic my way to the wolves through analyzing posts one by one (though that does work for some people).

There's nothing really logical involved in reading someone's tone and realizing they're lying.

Reactions: 4 users

This PM thing makes it easier in a way once you are coordinating abilities but also more difficult. My paranoia about genny and lupin got super high at times and I had to figure out ways to confirm I could actually trust them

On that note, I think people in this game really need to learn to treat others with respect. Honestly it was quite sad seeing how players interact with one another while in dead chat and it really makes it into not a fun game when people constantly personally atttack other players for seemingly no reason. Since no one has said it, cubs ya did great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

On that note, I think people in this game really need to learn to treat others with respect. Honestly it was quite sad seeing how players interact with one another while in dead chat and it really makes it into not a fun game when people constantly personally atttack other players for seemingly no reason. Since no one has said it, cubs ya did great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!
Who said cubs didn’t do great?

Reactions: 5 users
I begged in my role PM to be night killed n10 (or whenever I was up to be lynched)

Sadly at that stage, wolves like the end game torture :(

You have to play to be nightkilled...

I mean when i do play, wolves don't kill me much sadly. It's basically just wait for me to slip up so they can lynch me early, or just drag me on till late game and then kill me :bag::sorry:

The one time where i got nightkilled early was the noob game which actually was the one game i did not want to die early at all :(

Hence why i'm jealous of those who get nightkilled so frequently and at early/mid game

I mean when i do play, wolves don't kill me much sadly. It's basically just wait for me to slip up so they can lynch me early, or just drag me on till late game and then kill me :bag::sorry:

The one time where i got nightkilled early was the noob game which actually was the one game i did not want to die early at all :(

Hence why i'm jealous of those who get nightkilled so frequently and at early/mid game

It might be because they're still unfamiliar of your playstyle. People who play often are more likely to be nightkilled first then those back from a hiatus. There's always potential.

Though tbh I hate being nightkilled (and lynched but obviously no one likes that). I'd rather suffer through an unwinnable wolf!Pippy lylo than be in dead chat ranting any day.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol I can see it now... I was forced to take shots when I got to Pittsburgh and I normally refuse to ever do that... think it had caught up to me at this point
Lol I definitely wouldn't have indicated that you didn't do well... the watcher role is even trickier than the tracker role, because you may know who a wolf is and want proof but you have to guess who they're going to kill

you earned those wolf catches

Reactions: 3 users
Makes you want to create a win condition to live past a certain day and then get lynched by cray for this exact reason...

Oh man. Yes!

This PM thing makes it easier in a way once you are coordinating abilities but also more difficult. My paranoia about genny and lupin got super high at times and I had to figure out ways to confirm I could actually trust them

....just you wait until you get pocketed by a wolf in pm

Eh I still stand by you need tough skin and to not hold anything personal after the game is over. Like the entire game is you accusing a bunch of other people of murder. Nothing nice about that.

Reactions: 5 users
Also, I have decided that when skim and capri are wolves I think they are village.

And when they are village, I always think they are sketch. :confused:

It’s not that great getting killed early :yeahright:

Reactions: 2 users
Oh man. Yes!

....just you wait until you get pocketed by a wolf in pm

Eh I still stand by you need tough skin and to not hold anything personal after the game is over. Like the entire game is you accusing a bunch of other people of murder. Nothing nice about that.
This is as much a reminder to me as everyone else. I totally agree tough skin is needed. But I think there is a way to play this game while being respectful and not resulting to personal insults, which has seemed extremely common to me. I didn't even want to play this game because of it, but kara signed me up. I think y'all might have more success with noobs sticking around and playing more if everything got a little friendlier and less personal, but this is my personal opinion.