HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yayyy!! My first time making it to end game and we won!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@muttmanager @Dinashadow @CoffeeQuestionMark
Y'all owe me some rent money :D

MerryAmusedAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

So what was that about me being hot garbage at catching wolves @Melchizedek HMMMMMM
1. I never said you were BAD at wolf hunting, I said that I haven't seen enough of your play to say that you were a good wolf hunter.
2. I highly suggest you take a deep breath after reading anything before you play it up in your own head and get offended. If you put half as much effort into wolf hunting as you do getting riled up, being contrary, or holding grudges, you might actually be one of the best players we've seen.
3. You ARE a hot garbage wolf hunter.

Reactions: 1 users
WHAT! NO CONVERT :eek:

Haha that makes it even funnier that we were all suspecting each other today :laugh:

Can I also get added to dead chat if there is space!

Reactions: 1 user
Soooooo basically this game was a giant web of abilities behind the scenes and Pippy and I were dying for the first many, many days hahaha

Also: we were very sad that many mechanisms were not used and that certain abilities died early. :(

Also also: I AM VERY EXTREMELY PROUD of the roles in this game and just love them all so much <3

I'm open to question time nowwwww but need to sign off to work on a project, so I'll probably answer tomorrow morning, unless Pippy is procrastinating and gets to them first.

Reactions: 7 users

1. I never said you were BAD at wolf hunting, I said that I haven't seen enough of your play to say that you were a good wolf hunter.
2. I highly suggest you take a deep breath after reading anything before you play it up in your own head and get offended. If you put half as much effort into wolf hunting as you do getting riled up, being contrary, or holding grudges, you might actually be one of the best players we've seen.
Where's the marshall? I want to be evicted asap

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 11

View attachment 251682

With dawn came the realization that she was alone. The pinto mare had survived a lot- a kick to the face by one very bombshell of a horse, two votes against her life, and a dark stallion chasing her down. No one seemed to understand that as THE alpha mare, it was her obligation, nay, destiny to always keep living for her herdmates, no matter how rough the road may be. Other people just didn't understand the loyalty, she guessed.

The cardinal and robin both began to stir and sing their morning song. The other horses stirred and stretched their legs. It wasn't long before @Caiter92, the bold dark bay retired show jumping champion Judgement, looked out in the field and saw the mare, still very much alive. He sorted his displeasure and began rounding up the others.

Out of nowhere, a plucky haflinger jumped the fence.... the same fence he jumped out of a few nights ago to escape the mare. @genny, @PippyPony's Link, was ready for revenge. Others began to gather as well- the well-loved Lil Sebastian (@CoffeeQuestionMark) and Budweiser Clydesdale (@muttmanager) stood side by side. Thestrals (@SkiOtter and @killerleaf) descended from the air, flapping their wings lazily above their savior of a black quarter horse, Whizard's Baby Doll (@SnowshoeDog143). Best friends Ginger (@Dinashadow) and Black Beauty (@MSUcvmHOPE) joined them.

The mare knew she was in trouble. She had lived a fulfilling life, crafted into existence on sketchbook pages by a horse crazy 11-year-old and slowly morphing into an entity-identity- all her own. She stood in solidarity, not daring break eye contact with the bay stallion that led the group. She knew the game was up. There was no one else to live for; she had done all she had set out to do.

@StayingPositive2017, an entity all her own, materialized from thin air. Cloven hooves stepped out between the stand off, and she looked sadly upon the sole mare standing up for herself. The unicorn so badly wished for a victorious ending... but the least she could do was make death swift. She lowered her head and pierced through the barrel of the mare, ending her life once and for all. The unicorn's tears fell to the earth in salvation for all that were lost.

Dead is @Mad Jack - Redbird, Alpha Mare

28515_102604726429148_3777416_n.jpg

Village wins!

and then Sporty cried

The Roster:

1. @CoffeeQuestionMark - Lil Sebastian, Innocent Child
2. @muttmanager - Budweiser Clydesdale, Protector
3. @SnowshoeDog143 - Whizard's Baby Doll, 2x Rez
11. @Dinashadow - Ginger, "Reverse Lover" (Protects Black Beauty)
15. @cubsrule4e - Whistlejacket, Watcher
16. @genny - Link, 1x kill avoidance, 1x lynch avoidance
17. @Caiter92 - Judgement, 2x Early Lynch Close
18. @MSUcvmHOPE - Black Beauty, "Reverse Lover" (Protected by Ginger)
23. @killerleaf - rezzed as Thestral
8. @SkiOtter - rezzed as Thestral
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017 - Unicorn, inserted in PMs if mentioned on-thread by the player

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm wolf
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman - Post restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic wolf
28. @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive delay block
14. @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info giver
26. @bryndiana.jones - Alborozo - Wolf xtra kill/protect
F. @PippyPony - ModGod
12. @Crayola227 - Snowman - Backup
10. @Melchizedek - Leroy Brown- Wolf Blocker
27. @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless- Bodyguard
19. @Mad Jack - Redbird - Alpha Mare

What's reverse lover?

Lol ok
giphy.gif

You said similar things to me last game :rolleyes:

Maybe stop getting offended at people getting offended lol

this is very unexpected. @SportPonies what happened on N7?
Pippy realized she made a big boo-boo in sending out night results the night before so she got killed in the following write up :p

The no true kill was a result of drunk @Melchizedek putting in wolf actions and asked MJ to do the kill.... immediately after seeing that Kara was a delayed passive block... and knowing that MJ had acted on her the night before.

Pippy realized she made a big boo-boo in sending out night results the night before so she got killed in the following write up :p

The no true kill was a result of drunk @Melchizedek putting in wolf actions and asked MJ to do the kill.... immediately after seeing that Kara was a delayed passive block... and knowing that MJ had acted on her the night before.
There was.....lots of gin involved.....

But also, K A R M A

REMEMBER THIS THE NEXT TIME YOU JUMP ON ME AS CHAOS

Stay tuned for the next Sporty game in which the mechanics somehow get even more complicated than my three previous games!

Best fun fact about this game: RNG placed @Melchizedek, @CoffeeQuestionMark, and @Dinashadow all as wolves together, after wolfing the last game.
RNG also placed @WildZoo as a wolf with @Mad Jack, which Dubz has been wanting for-EV-er, but she requested to be vanilla this game. :p

Reactions: 6 users
@Caiter92 Ragequit Rule of Wolfhunting: when you see someone ragequitting on game thread, lynch immediately. They'll usually end up flipping wolves.
I didn't rage quit because I was a wolf, but I'm glad you brought that up.

Y’all have read the Gospel of LIS, the Cray treatises on WW, now I present the Cheezy D Testament.

This game as I learned it and know it is about logic. Making and testing a hypothesis, pushing people and studying behavior, evaluating arguments. It’s supposed to test whether you understand the human condition and can see past deception as a villager or manipulate it to fool people. People have fallen into ruts of using abilities, mechanics, and tenuous wolf hunting tactics to play instead of logic. The reason I’ve been able to find wolves on D1 when I village, is because I use logic, not the aforementioned tactics. This is commentary untainted by whatever alignment I was this game. I can admit when I’ve lost fair and square like last game. We pulled a stunt, village saw right through it, lynched correctly. Got two wolves.

I applaud that kind of playing.

The reason I had to walk away was this game was turning into “I know this about the theme of the theme so that must make this wolfy.”

“Oh well the mods did this and the night results were worded like this”

“But the write up didn’t/did have a conversion hint!”

“Village/wolves had this ability so the wolves/village must have this ability.”

“The write up said there were two people trying to kill this person.”

It became about interpreting mechanics and relying on hints and clues from wording or night results. These all are bounded by so many assumptions and if any one of those assumptions is wrong, the arguments falls apart.

It’s also exactly why I quit playing on MafiaScum.

Played a game where I was town doctor (protector). No one was outright village to me on D1 so I protected myself N1. Apparently the site meta is that the doctor can’t protect themselves. This one particular game, the mod decided to toss that rule and let me protect myself. Next day, get pressured, role reveal tell them I protected myself. Got auto lynched because people were too focused on mechanics and what is and isn’t possible for a role to do or be. Instead of evaluating the usage.

It’s not all the players’ fault, mods need to stop handing them the crutches players are using i.e. hints in the write ups, items, wording on night results, role-alignment links. etc.

Eventually this game got back on track to people evaluating decisions, actions, and arguments so I was happy to came back, and play it out. Thank you for bringing it back around to that.

This isn’t an admonishment on any one person, in fact there are a few people (Cray, Lupin) who rely on logic to play and surprise surprise, they are pretty good at it. this is a call to start playing better as a group and follow their lead.

Stay tuned for the next Sporty game in which the mechanics somehow get even more complicated than my three previous games!

Best fun fact about this game: RNG placed @Melchizedek, @CoffeeQuestionMark, and @Dinashadow all as wolves together, after wolfing the last game.
RNG also placed @WildZoo as a wolf with @Mad Jack, which Dubz has been wanting for-EV-er, but she requested to be vanilla this game. :p
No game could ever top Vet Clinic, so I'm chill with it

Day 11

View attachment 251682

With dawn came the realization that she was alone. The pinto mare had survived a lot- a kick to the face by one very bombshell of a horse, two votes against her life, and a dark stallion chasing her down. No one seemed to understand that as THE alpha mare, it was her obligation, nay, destiny to always keep living for her herdmates, no matter how rough the road may be. Other people just didn't understand the loyalty, she guessed.

The cardinal and robin both began to stir and sing their morning song. The other horses stirred and stretched their legs. It wasn't long before @Caiter92, the bold dark bay retired show jumping champion Judgement, looked out in the field and saw the mare, still very much alive. He sorted his displeasure and began rounding up the others.

Out of nowhere, a plucky haflinger jumped the fence.... the same fence he jumped out of a few nights ago to escape the mare. @genny, @PippyPony's Link, was ready for revenge. Others began to gather as well- the well-loved Lil Sebastian (@CoffeeQuestionMark) and Budweiser Clydesdale (@muttmanager) stood side by side. Thestrals (@SkiOtter and @killerleaf) descended from the air, flapping their wings lazily above their savior of a black quarter horse, Whizard's Baby Doll (@SnowshoeDog143). Best friends Ginger (@Dinashadow) and Black Beauty (@MSUcvmHOPE) joined them.

The mare knew she was in trouble. She had lived a fulfilling life, crafted into existence on sketchbook pages by a horse crazy 11-year-old and slowly morphing into an entity-identity- all her own. She stood in solidarity, not daring break eye contact with the bay stallion that led the group. She knew the game was up. There was no one else to live for; she had done all she had set out to do.

@StayingPositive2017, an entity all her own, materialized from thin air. Cloven hooves stepped out between the stand off, and she looked sadly upon the sole mare standing up for herself. The unicorn so badly wished for a victorious ending... but the least she could do was make death swift. She lowered her head and pierced through the barrel of the mare, ending her life once and for all. The unicorn's tears fell to the earth in salvation for all that were lost.

Dead is @Mad Jack - Redbird, Alpha Mare

28515_102604726429148_3777416_n.jpg

Village wins!

and then Sporty cried

The Roster:

1. @CoffeeQuestionMark - Lil Sebastian, Innocent Child
2. @muttmanager - Budweiser Clydesdale, Protector
3. @SnowshoeDog143 - Whizard's Baby Doll, 2x Rez
11. @Dinashadow - Ginger, "Reverse Lover" (Protects Black Beauty)
15. @cubsrule4e - Whistlejacket, Watcher
16. @genny - Link, 1x kill avoidance, 1x lynch avoidance
17. @Caiter92 - Judgement, 2x Early Lynch Close
18. @MSUcvmHOPE - Black Beauty, "Reverse Lover" (Protected by Ginger)
23. @killerleaf - rezzed as Thestral
8. @SkiOtter - rezzed as Thestral
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017 - Unicorn, inserted in PMs if mentioned on-thread by the player

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm wolf
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman - Post restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic wolf
28. @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive delay block
14. @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info giver
26. @bryndiana.jones - Alborozo - Wolf xtra kill/protect
F. @PippyPony - ModGod
12. @Crayola227 - Snowman - Backup
10. @Melchizedek - Leroy Brown- Wolf Blocker
27. @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless- Bodyguard
19. @Mad Jack - Redbird - Alpha Mare

I’m the only one not mentioned in the write up :(

Wow people would've freaked out so much we probably would've survived

This is correct btw. Alphas cannot be lynched until all other wolves are dead. They can usually be vig killed anytime however.
This is true, cubs!

In this game though, MJ's role was written specifically to be unkillable, no matter what, until all other wolves were dead - a "true alpha"

Soooooo basically this game was a giant web of abilities behind the scenes and Pippy and I were dying for the first many, many days hahaha

Also: we were very sad that many mechanisms were not used and that certain abilities died early. :(

Also also: I AM VERY EXTREMELY PROUD of the roles in this game and just love them all so much <3

I'm open to question time nowwwww but need to sign off to work on a project, so I'll probably answer tomorrow morning, unless Pippy is procrastinating and gets to them first.
Thank you for playing, everyone!!

And like Sporty, I can answer questions tomorrow but should focus on school tonight :)