HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is true, cubs!

In this game though, MJ's role was written specifically to be unkillable, no matter what, until all other wolves were dead - a "true alpha"
Definitely not RNG :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't rage quit because I was a wolf, but I'm glad you brought that up.

Y’all have read the Gospel of LIS, the Cray treatises on WW, now I present the Cheezy D Testament.

This game as I learned it and know it is about logic. Making and testing a hypothesis, pushing people and studying behavior, evaluating arguments. It’s supposed to test whether you understand the human condition and can see past deception as a villager or manipulate it to fool people. People have fallen into ruts of using abilities, mechanics, and tenuous wolf hunting tactics to play instead of logic. The reason I’ve been able to find wolves on D1 when I village, is because I use logic, not the aforementioned tactics. This is commentary untainted by whatever alignment I was this game. I can admit when I’ve lost fair and square like last game. We pulled a stunt, village saw right through it, lynched correctly. Got two wolves.

I applaud that kind of playing.

The reason I had to walk away was this game was turning into “I know this about the theme of the theme so that must make this wolfy.”

“Oh well the mods did this and the night results were worded like this”

“But the write up didn’t/did have a conversion hint!”

“Village/wolves had this ability so the wolves/village must have this ability.”

“The write up said there were two people trying to kill this person.”

It became about interpreting mechanics and relying on hints and clues from wording or night results. These all are bounded by so many assumptions and if any one of those assumptions is wrong, the arguments falls apart.

It’s also exactly why I quit playing on MafiaScum.

Played a game where I was town doctor (protector). No one was outright village to me on D1 so I protected myself N1. Apparently the site meta is that the doctor can’t protect themselves. This one particular game, the mod decided to toss that rule and let me protect myself. Next day, get pressured, role reveal tell them I protected myself. Got auto lynched because people were too focused on mechanics and what is and isn’t possible for a role to do or be. Instead of evaluating the usage.

It’s not all the players’ fault, mods need to stop handing them the crutches players are using i.e. hints in the write ups, items, wording on night results, role-alignment links. etc.

Eventually this game got back on track to people evaluating decisions, actions, and arguments so I was happy to came back, and play it out. Thank you for bringing it back around to that.

This isn’t an admonishment on any one person, in fact there are a few people (Cray, Lupin) who rely on logic to play and surprise surprise, they are pretty good at it. this is a call to start playing better as a group and follow their lead.
This is insufferable lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the game mods! It was fun!

Our village bloc at the end was excellent.

@muttmanager sorry I was so distrustful of you all game. At least I'm glad I convinced myself not to lynch you today.

Mods, was there even a chance for conversion?

Mhm. No conversion generally has minimal chance of converts!
But like, I asked to join tot chat because it was just so wrong and I had to complain :laugh:

But also, it's number of events that would lead to a desired outcome divided by total events possible. Lynching wolf=desired outcome. YOU WANT ANY OF THEM NOT JUST ONE.

Thanks for the game mods! It was fun!

Our village bloc at the end was excellent.

@muttmanager sorry I was so distrustful of you all game. At least I'm glad I convinced myself not to lynch you today.

Mods, was there even a chance for conversion?
no conversion chance. Wolves were STACKED with abilities and I was pretty sure early-game that they were gonna sweep or come close. Just some good village play, both on thread and behind the scenes, that screwed them over in the end.

Reactions: 6 users
really? so do you know the difference between chaos and neutral, then? cause I thought that's how neutral operated but now I don't see a difference :confused:

neutral just has to survive to the end to win. Chaos has an actual win condition that they need to meet.

really? so do you know the difference between chaos and neutral, then? cause I thought that's how neutral operated but now I don't see a difference :confused:
She was technically neutral but the terminology has become muddied over the last couple years

Reactions: 1 user
*insert proper genie with phenomenal cosmic powers gif
aka I don't have a limit, but just tag me so I get the requests

could I get added pls??? :nod:

untitled.png

neutral just has to survive to the end to win. Chaos has an actual win condition that they need to meet.
Nope lol
The simplest definition is chaos has an exclusive win condition and neutral can win with either side. Neutral can still have other elements to their win condition.

But somewhere along the line "chaos" started being able to win with wolves or villagers. Hence confusion.

But in WWedding (I think that's where it was) SAR was neutral and had a win condition

She was technically neutral but the terminology has become muddied over the last couple years
This makes sense

Boom. This is what defines her role as chaos to me in light of the joint win condition. Neutrals ain't going around shooting people for funsies
Lol I guess that also makes sense

only confusing you :p
Nope. There's a reason the terminology is linked to win condition. Chaos implies they need to be gone before the end of the game. Neutral does not.

And I wasn't the one asking questions ;)

@Lupin21 @WildZoo Can i get added to dead chat pleaseeee

I'm assuming it needs to be one of you two who can add to a PM that size haha

Eh neutral just sounds like they want to stay out of it and stay alive. If you start putting other win conditions in, they have to work harder and so maybe not necessarily chaos if they aren't causing chaos (though for AM this game, I agree with pips that 3x vig shot seems chaotic), then they can just be called a third party of another kind.

Eh neutral just sounds like they want to stay out of it and stay alive. If you start putting other win conditions in, they have to work harder and so maybe not necessarily chaos if they aren't causing chaos (though for AM this game, I agree with pips that 3x vig shot seems chaotic), then they can just be called a third party of another kind.
I mean, I get what it sounds like, but the terminology is literally linked to win condition :shrug:

It's called neutral because their win condition is, in its essence, neutral to the main wolf vs village battle. No matter what other goals they must reach.

I mean, I get what it sounds like, but the terminology is literally linked to win condition :shrug:

It's called neutral because their win condition is, in its essence, neutral to the main wolf vs village battle. No matter what other goals they must reach.

So neutrals can be serial killers?? or is that strictly a chaos role?

Hey I took that definition straight from the Unabridged Snowy Dictionary! I'm sure it's correct!

My view may be clouded because I've only ever had killing third party roles. I might just claim that instead of chaos/neutral next time to avoid trouble haha

My view may be clouded because I've only ever had killing third party roles. I might just claim that instead of chaos/neutral next time to avoid trouble haha

Though crayola rule "lynch anyone not village" still applys

Reactions: 2 users