Air Force HPSP application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maaricka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone walk me through what a normal application timeline looks like for MD vs DO schools (I hear DO is a little later)? And where in that timeline does HPSP fit? I've read to apply early, but what's considered early if you have to wait for an acceptance?

I know this may seem like a silly question, but I'm reading different things and trying to piece bits of info together. I'm applying next application cycle (2018) and want to make sure I'm staying on top of application dates.

Yes, I know all the pros and cons of HPSP. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not prepared to figure out the timelines for applying to medical school then I doubt you are prepared for success in medical school.

As far as HPSP goes, most applicants start their packets in the winter before they begin med school, typically December through March. Some people start later and still get accepted, it depends on the numbers that year. I applied in February and was accepted with plenty if time. You can apply without an acceptance, but I don't know how much traction you will get without one.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're not prepared to figure out the timelines for applying to medical school then I doubt you are prepared for success in medical school.

As far as HPSP goes, most applicants start their packets in the winter before they begin med school, typically December through March. Some people start later and still get accepted, it depends on the numbers that year. I applied in February and was accepted with plenty if time. You can apply without an acceptance, but I don't know how much traction you will get without one.
This is me figuring out timelines. A whole year ahead of time, but thanks for your input. I appreciate you sharing your personal experience with the HPSP. Congrats btw.

Contact local recruiters when you submit your primary application. That should give you and your recruiter plenty of time to get the paperwork through for eventual hopeful matriculation in Fall 2019.

Reactions: 1 user