HPSP LOR from US Congressman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesyfries

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I am applying for the 3yr AF HPSP and can get a LOR from my US Congressman whom I interned for. I've only met the guy a handful of times but his office manager said I could get a LOR if I send a draft. What do y'all think about this? Should I write it myself or should I just go with 3 LOR from dentists I know?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Cool! Get it and then make sure you have LORs from 3 dentists as well. I think the selection board would go "Neat-0!" and then move on to your LORs from dentists..

Members don't see this ad :)
A Congressman's LOR would definitely have the 'neat factor.' Ultimately, though, the best LOR is from someone who has spent considerable time with you and can attest to your character, desires, and work ethic. My opinion is that letters from very high-ranking officers, Congressmen, etc can sometimes have the appearance of being drafted from a template. being written by an aide, or have been drafted by the applicant. It will make a neat piece to your application, but get those dentists' LORs!