I am going to be a doctor!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of nowhere I got an acceptance to NYMC!! after I had been on their WL. Two years of ball busting and it all paid off! No g-town SMP for this guy!

Members don't see this ad.

BOBODR said:
Out of nowhere I got an acceptance to NYMC!! after I had been on their WL. Two years of ball busting and it all paid off! No g-town SMP for this guy!

Yay! Congratulations! Go celebrate! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
wahoooo... congratulations

CONGRATS Bobo!!!

:clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap:

That's great news :D All that perseverence and all the emotional stock you invested in this whole thing has finally paid off! Go celebrate tonight and kick some ass at NYMC in August :thumbup:

Way to go - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Isnt it such a great feeling?

MarzMD said:
Congrats. Isnt it such a great feeling?

you dont even know, my life was a mess. I was trying to sell a kidney to fund the G-town SMP, had to move in June to G-town as I was on 4 Wl's, knowing very well I could get in off them after that and have to break my lease. I was going to take summer classes that I had no interest in taking and I was so sick of people asking me "have you heard anything yet?"..WAHOOOO :)

Way to go, BOBODR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

Depakote said:

I realize this is a self absorbed thread but I have been an SDN warrior now for two years. Been kicked in the face by schools repreatedly, now things dont seem so bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet! Congratulations! :hardy: :clap:

Congrats...do a little dance and enjoy it :cool:

fg_15.gif

jbrice1639 said:
Congrats...do a little dance and enjoy it :cool:

fg_15.gif

Oddly, thats kind of what I look like when I dance :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the commentS!

Aww man that's awesome! Go out and celebrate!

BOBODR said:

CONGRATS!! Bro!!

Congratulations! Just a reminder to everyone that people will move from the Wait List to acceptances from here on out.

Congrats! That is so exciting :-D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Way to go, Bobo! I'm sure work is probably a lot more difficult to concentrate on today.
Congrats! You did it!

congrats!!!!! nice job :D :thumbup:

way to go! i'm happy for you, and am glad the waitlist moved so quickly. Here's some luck to other folks who are on waitlists!

:luck:

A hearty congrats amigo! You deserved this one!

Way to go Bobo!

Congratulations!!!!!! I Feel For Ya!!!!

Now Get Off Sdn And Go Celebrate!

BOBODR said:

:clap: :clap:

Congrats Bobo....you earned this one.

Congrats Bobo!!!

Wonderful news!!! The pain was all well worth it, huh?

:) :) :)

Congrats, BOBODR!!!!

Party on. :hardy:

beponychick said:
Congrats Bobo!!!

Wonderful news!!! The pain was all well worth it, huh?

:) :) :)

Yes it does Bepony. I feel alot less bitter and like an elephant has been lifted from my shoulders. The thought of applying again was slowly driving me insane. Thanks everyone! :luck:

i will be celebrating tonite underdog, good luck with RWJ!

THANKS Dr. Giggles hopefully you get off the Baylor WL or OSU WL.

Good luck with SLU Rayhan

Good luck with your schools T-down, you worked hard in the SMP and deserve a reward! :thumbup:

congrats on being a genius Risa!

Woooooooooooooooooooo! Congrats Bobodr!

Congrats. I am can only imgine how excited you are. So close, to the end, but you made it. Now show them how great of a doctor you really are.

Yeah BOBO, congrats :thumbup:

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S...you worked hard for it! Now, relax and enjoy the rest of your time before med school!! :D

BOBODR said:

congrats bobo!!!!

the alchemist said:
congrats bobo!!!!

Thanks alchemist hopefully Drexel works out or the SMP gives you a shot!

BOBODR said:

That's awesome news, bobodr!!! Congrats :) :hardy: :)

I do hope that you can take a bit of time to celebrate your acceptance. Getting into med. school is no easy feat, believe you me :D

Before medical school begins, make sure you take tons of time to relax and have fun :)

docjolly said:
That's awesome news, bobodr!!! Congrats :) :hardy: :)

I do hope that you can take a bit of time to celebrate your acceptance. Getting into med. school is no easy feat, believe you me :D

Before medical school begins, make sure you take tons of time to relax and have fun :)

I should have known I would get an acceptance today...I mailed my SMP 500 dollar deposit today after weeks of hesititation. then had to sit outside the mailbox and ambush the poor mailman after I got my acceptance email. Poor girl had to look through a 1000 letters just to find mine :rolleyes:

BOBODR said:
I should have known I would get an acceptance today...I mailed my SMP 500 dollar deposit today after weeks of hesititation. then had to sit outside the mailbox and ambush the poor mailman after I got my acceptance email. Poor girl had to look through a 1000 letters just to find mine :rolleyes:
That's cool on so many levels. Although, for future reference, I think you can just call up your bank and ask them to stop payment on a check like that.

jebus said:
That's cool on so many levels. Although, for future reference, I think you can just call up your bank and ask them to stop payment on a check like that.

Costs 25.00$ I rather just ambush mailman like a lunatic.... :p

BOBODR said:

you know if looks can kill, you will already be dead.

BOBODR said:

:laugh:

Congratulations!

You should take some pics of the smile that is most assuredly on your face so that you can remember how happy you were on this day!

galdoc said:
you know if looks can kill, you will already be dead.

I am not sure if you are complimenting how good looking you are, how bad I am, or vice versa :confused:

Congrats! That's so awesome! And no SMP required too. :thumbup:

tacrum43 said:
Congrats! That's so awesome! And no SMP required too. :thumbup:

Yeah I have to email Dr. Myers and break the bad news. In a sick twisted, rip of your eyebrows sort of way I was looking forward to it ;)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Congrats!