I didn't do that great on the SAT/ACT, should I still do premed?

redence

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior in high school with a 3.5 GPA (took some AP's and honors classes and didn't study for some the AP's though, did ehh on them.), however when I took the ACT, I got a 26/36 on it. Tbh I didn't study for it, didn't like studying for that, and didn't even want to sit for a 3 hour exam on a Saturday. Throughout high school, i did study but not too much. Even though I came home did all my hw, and studied for most tests, I didn't give it my 100%. I always procrastinated. Does the ACT/SAT correlate with the MCAT, or how well you'll do in college? I might have poor studying habits.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your score isn't bad, if I remember correctly isn't that like 85th percentile? In my experience the ACT doesn't correlate well with college performance the link to MCAT score is probably not very strong. Many of my friends you scored 30+ are on the verge of dropping (albeit in hard majors) out while other who scored lower are doing just fine. It all comes down to how motivated you are to do well. Your study habits are obviously bad but so are a lot of HS (mine were way worse). You need a serious attitude adjustment if you want to be successful as a premed, which is definitely possible, its up to you. If you cheat in college, you will most likely never get into any medical school.

I got a 20 on my ACT, and was just accepted to medical school. Its all about your college performance. High school means basically nothing to admissions people. And, by the way, the MCAT is astronomically harder than the ACT was with respect to content and endurance. You will have a lot of maturing to do throughout college to be able to withstand the 7.5 hours of the MCAT. That is normal though. I didn't think I wanted to be a doctor until after I got an associate's degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a senior in high school with a 3.5 GPA (took some AP's and honors classes and didn't study for some the AP's though, did ehh on them.), however when I took the ACT, I got a 26/36 on it. Tbh I didn't study for it, didn't like studying for that, and didn't even want to sit for a 3 hour exam on a Saturday, I even got bored during the middle of the test so I decided to copy answers from some other dude. (ik that's stupid). Throughout high school, i did study but not too much. Even though I came home did all my hw, and studied for most tests, I didn't give it my 100%. I always procrastinated. Does the ACT/SAT correlate with the MCAT, or how well you'll do in college? I might have poor studying habits.
Why the hell would you admit to cheating on a college entrance exam?

Please forget the compliment that I gave you in another thread about you making good decisions.

Keep cheating and you WILL get caught. Dishonest students make dishonest doctors. Grow the hell up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Why the hell would you admit to cheating on a college entrance exam?

Please forget the compliment that I gave you in another thread about you making good decisions.

Keep cheating and you WILL get caught. Dishonest students make dishonest doctors. Grow the hell up.
srry deleted it ig