I feel like I'm letting my friends, my family, and my professors down.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow OP. I wish I had your problems. Not to offend you, but you should probably find a close friend you can trust to talk about your daily emotions. Don't go jumping off a cliff because you think you have a tainted reputation.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well, waking up (hungover for that matter) to a rejection from Hopkins inspired this thread.

I've been extremely fortunate to have 9 interviews so far, and 3 more coming up. So far, its 3 waitlists, 1 acceptance and the Hopkins rejection. I feel like I'm letting everyone down that's rooting for me and I'm kind of embarrassed to tell them about the waitlists/rejection. My professors were all excited about my Hopkins interview and so were my parents and friends. That's all they would talk about when I saw them: "oh, have you heard from hopkins yet? penn? yale? I can't believe you interviewed there, blah blah." They're really not knowledgeable about the admissions process so they thought the interview was pretty much an acceptance.

In the back of my head, i kept telling myself and everyone else that i didnt like this school so when this happened, i wouldn't be too let down. but of course you can't change your emotions. i really don't wanna tell anyone cuz i just feel embarrassed like i'm letting them down. i really have become indifferent to this whole process now, especially with an acceptance to somewhere i wouldn't mind going to at all (its ranked way lower than the schools i've been to, so everyones shocked that i would go there), but the people around me haven't. It's just hard cuz for all my life, everything's just always fell into place and worked out and this process is truly sobering.

i dont know how to explain it? does anyone feel this way too or understand what i'm saying?

welp, time to go break the news to my parents.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for you when you say stuff like that.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for you when you say stuff like that.

I agree with jiayo... it's hard to feel any sympathy for you.

...and stop making excuses... if "they" are not knowledgable about the admissions process, then educate them. you are taking your current situation for granted.

moreover, it sounds as if you becoming a physician to please others? you want to follow what others think? why are they influencing you so heavily?

Members don't see this ad :)
then let me rephrase: there's nothing wrong with being inwardly disappointed (if you're a perfectionist or something like that) but whining to others like it's a big issue is going to make you look like a tool without any perspective.

I totally agree.

Houze got booted from Hopkins anyway.

then let me rephrase: There's nothing wrong with being inwardly disappointed (if you're a perfectionist or something like that) but whining to others like it's a big issue is going to make you look like a tool without any perspective.

+1