I found it!! Hallelujah!! I found it!! ..m

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muttmommy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!! I found a school that offers a post-bacc premed/prevet program that is actually within 45 mins. of where I live!! That solves my geographic dilemma!! It is reputable - it's been around for many years and is accredidated, etc. I'm going to call Monday and find out more. Yippee!!

Just thought I'd share cuz I truly thought I'd have to go through another degree program again. Whew.

Members don't see this ad.

Do share..........

Iain said:
Do share..........

Hi Iain,

The school's name used to be Pennsylvania Polytechnic Institute but was recently renamed Harrisburg University. It is a science and tech curriculum, offering majors in biotech, biology, chem and computer science. I just found out they also offer a post-bacc (you can also major in bio w/a concentration in premed) certificate program in premed. They also offer help with taking the MCAT. Doesn't say anything about the GRE, but I am assuming they will help with that as well.

This is a relief for me, as geography is a big problem. I needed to find someplace fairly close to where I live and I was in despair recently, thinking I would need to go and do another undergrad program just to get my science prereqs. So hearing about this school was great news for me. It will allow me to remain close to home while I take classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you can't find a formal postbacc, you can usually complete prereqs at any accredited school. Postbaccs do have advantages, though, in that you are actually in a formal program.

Yeah - I guess I just want that validation, for some reason. No special reason - just do.

I talked to the Dir. of Admissions yesterday and should have an interview by the end of the week, hopefully. Can't wait! The Dir. said at least 34cr. for those who have no science background, but they really sounded like they would work with me and tailor a program to suit my needs. I'll know more after the interview. Will update when I know more.