I need your advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pleco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as a safety school, but your seem to have a pretty decent chance for your school list, although you should take out Howard if you're not a URM

Hello guys.
Need your advice on this.

How many schools should i apply to and how late am i in this cycle?

I want to have all my stuff in by July 2nd. I am waiting on a professor to finally submit my LOR I asked him last month.

My AA is 22
TS:20
OC:22
GC:20
Bio:19
QR:19
RC:30

GPA 3.76
sGPA 3.5 - 3.6 (didnt do the conversion for new grades yet)

430 hours of shadowing/dental assisting. Worked since highschool so i have some jobs to list. But not many extracurricular stuff. I did 2 research positions and short time tutoring

I want to go East Coast. My schools:
Rutger, Temple (kornberg) , Penn, Pittsburg, Maryland, Tufts, NYU, Touro, Buffalo, and Howard

I really liked Temple the most when I visited and also Penn. The application fees are very expensive, i would like to know how many schools i should apply to, and what could be reach and safety schools.

I will be grateful if you can hep me out with this.
:)

I think your school list is good! I would switch out NYU for another school you might like just because the cost is so high. Tufts is pretty up there too but it’s good to have a couple private schools. Also definitely take out Howard if your not a minority and replace it with another school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think when schools see that RC 30, they’ll definitely want to at least see who you are lol. Nice score.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys.
Need your advice on this.

How many schools should i apply to and how late am i in this cycle?

I want to have all my stuff in by July 2nd. I am waiting on a professor to finally submit my LOR I asked him last month.

My AA is 22
TS:20
OC:22
GC:20
Bio:19
QR:19
RC:30

GPA 3.76
sGPA 3.5 - 3.6 (didnt do the conversion for new grades yet)

430 hours of shadowing/dental assisting. Worked since highschool so i have some jobs to list. But not many extracurricular stuff. I did 2 research positions and short time tutoring

I want to go East Coast. My schools:
Rutger, Temple (kornberg) , Penn, Pittsburg, Maryland, Tufts, NYU, Touro, Buffalo, and Howard

I really liked Temple the most when I visited and also Penn. The application fees are very expensive, i would like to know how many schools i should apply to, and what could be reach and safety schools.

I will be grateful if you can hep me out with this.
:)
My advice- look where you can obtain the cheapest cost of attendance, apply there.
If I’m remembering correctly Temple is kind of expensive, Maryland & NYU & Penn are very expensive.

You scored well on the DAT which I assume means you are a smart dude.

Now make a smart decision and go to a nice inexpensive school.

You scored well on the DAT which I assume means you are a smart dude.

Now make a smart decision and go to a nice inexpensive school.

I would love to go to an inexpensive school, i am not really about the prestige. the cheapest around me is Temple. But someone said even that is expensive compared to others?

In that case, Penn gives a lot of scholarships to bring the cost down, so go to Penn :)

O wait. this is the first i am hearing about Penn scholarships. I read about one scholarship they have that gives to the best student (top gpa dat score-not me). Do they also give a hefty financial aid?

I think when schools see that RC 30, they’ll definitely want to at least see who you are lol. Nice score.

Thank you! That score took me by suprise, never thought i would do that well.

O wait. this is the first i am hearing about Penn scholarships. I read about one scholarship they have that gives to the best student (top gpa dat score-not me). Do they also give a hefty financial aid?
They give out quite a few scholarships ranging from 10-40k a year (I'm pretty sure that's the range).