Idaho State University Fall 2019 start Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TK_DPT_87

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I haven't seen anything about applicants for this most recent cycle to ISU. So I thought I would create a new thread for it. so the question is who all has applied, have you heard back, done an online interview, or have any valuable information for the rest of us?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I haven't seen anything about applicants for this most recent cycle to ISU. So I thought I would create a new thread for it. so the question is who all has applied, have you heard back, done an online interview, or have any valuable information for the rest of us?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Hi,
I applied to Idaho last year and this year. I didn’t hear back until spring of last year (didn’t get in due to my gre scores) and this year I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m assuming it will be the same.

However,
Someone did create a thread that she received and email for a online recorded interview? Not exactly sure what that means but, I didn’t know and still don’t think they do interviews... who knows maybe they changed things up this year. But no, I have not heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I applied to Idaho last year and this year. I didn’t hear back until spring of last year (didn’t get in due to my gre scores) and this year I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m assuming it will be the same.

However,
Someone did create a thread that she received and email for a online recorded interview? Not exactly sure what that means but, I didn’t know and still don’t think they do interviews... who knows maybe they changed things up this year. But no, I have not heard back yet.

So I actually did receive an online recorded interview as well. I didn't see that other thread. They are definitely doing things different this year, which maybe means they will get back to everyone faster? Hopefully you hear something soon. Where else have you applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I started the other thread! I am doing my interview this week!

Hi, I started the other thread! I am doing my interview this week!

Well best of luck to you! Is it due midnight on Sunday? I did mine on October 23rd. I really hope they come to decisions quickly. The whole waiting game thing is rough!

Well best of luck to you! Is it due midnight on Sunday? I did mine on October 23rd. I really hope they come to decisions quickly. The whole waiting game thing is rough!

Thank you! and yes! Due the 12th. I submitted apps back in August... heard only rejections until last week lol. So the positive news at least helped a bit haha

Thank you! and yes! Due the 12th. I submitted apps back in August... heard only rejections until last week lol. So the positive news at least helped a bit haha

Well thats awesome (not the rejections obviously)! Glad you are finally getting a positive vibe from the process. I applied in July as soon as it opened, and I have received 3 interviews, 2 waitlists (1 from a program I interviewed at and one I did not), and now just waiting to hear back from other programs, though ISU is my top choice for sure due to family and a good support system for me, my wife, and kids.

I hope you receive more positive news. Are you still waiting to hear from other programs?

I've applied to several schools this year since I only had rejections last year. I didn't want to take my chance on missing out again. ISU was my top choice last year. This year I don't necessarily have a preference.

I have 3 interviews with MCPHS, Drexel, and Rutgers coming up at the end of the month. I heard back from NAU and I'm on the waitlist for an interview. Other than that I haven't heard back from any other schools. Just the normal notifications that they received my application.

I've applied to several schools this year since I only had rejections last year. I didn't want to take my chance on missing out again. ISU was my top choice last year. This year I don't necessarily have a preference.

I have 3 interviews with MCPHS, Drexel, and Rutgers coming up at the end of the month. I heard back from NAU and I'm on the waitlist for an interview. Other than that I haven't heard back from any other schools. Just the normal notifications that they received my application.

Yeah its a weird time period, because some schools are still waiting on applications to come in before the deadline and such. I hope your interviews go well and you get in somewhere!!

Well thats awesome (not the rejections obviously)! Glad you are finally getting a positive vibe from the process. I applied in July as soon as it opened, and I have received 3 interviews, 2 waitlists (1 from a program I interviewed at and one I did not), and now just waiting to hear back from other programs, though ISU is my top choice for sure due to family and a good support system for me, my wife, and kids.

I hope you receive more positive news. Are you still waiting to hear from other programs?

Good luck! I hope you get in! I actually applied to a lot of schools due to a lower GPA, so I am waiting to hear back from a lot more. ISU is high on my list though, so I am excited to be able to send in an interview. I am not sure when ISU will send decisions but I am hoping they send them earlier and not at a specific date later in the year haha

Good luck! I hope you get in! I actually applied to a lot of schools due to a lower GPA, so I am waiting to hear back from a lot more. ISU is high on my list though, so I am excited to be able to send in an interview. I am not sure when ISU will send decisions but I am hoping they send them earlier and not at a specific date later in the year haha

I did email them and they said that they will send decisions out in early January. Hopefully that is the case, if not earlier even. I a just curious as to how many interviews they are conducting.

I did email them and they said that they will send decisions out in early January. Hopefully that is the case, if not earlier even. I a just curious as to how many interviews they are conducting.

Dang. So much waiting time hahaha

I just heard mid-Dec!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I'm excited to hear back. Good luck to you! Are you hoping for an assignment to Meridian or Pocatello if you get accepted?
As of now, I don't think I have a preference for either campus. I would just be really happy to get in to the program :D what about you?

As of now, I don't think I have a preference for either campus. I would just be really happy to get in to the program :D what about you?

Because I have family in Boise, Meridian would be fantastic, but at this point just getting into a program is priority. I'd like to be near family because I have 2 kids and a wife and having a support system for us would be so instrumental to my success in a program.

Hooray an ISU thread! I completed my interview mid-October and was told they plan to have all decisions out by Jan 1

Hooray an ISU thread! I completed my interview mid-October and was told they plan to have all decisions out by Jan 1

As did I! I have heard we should know by mid-December to Jan 1st. I can't wait to hear, the waiting game is killing me!

As did I! I have heard we should know by mid-December to Jan 1st. I can't wait to hear, the waiting game is killing me!
Where did everyone see that we would hear by december/january? I feel like i'm missing emails or something.... They must have really changed their process since last year lol. The last email I got was saying that we would hear from admissions by november 16th (tomorrow) if we are missing anything.

Where did everyone see that we would hear by december/january? I feel like i'm missing emails or something.... They must have really changed their process since last year lol. The last email I got was saying that we would hear from admissions by november 16th (tomorrow) if we are missing anything.

I believe we are all just badgering the program directly. Not a mass email but us asking them!

I believe we are all just badgering the program directly. Not a mass email but us asking them!
Makes sense. It was unorganized last year and no one heard anything until february/march even though they said January -__-. But they were also in the process of starting the Meridian class which could have been a reason for the chaos.

Makes sense. It was unorganized last year and no one heard anything until february/march even though they said January -__-. But they were also in the process of starting the Meridian class which could have been a reason for the chaos.

It seems they are pretty organized, but I could be wrong!

I’m not missing anything either so i didn’t hear back today

That's great to hear that you all got interviews.. I guess its the first major step on your acceptance.
I am super curious on stats, I would like to compare to see where I stack up. I got to school here in state and would like to do so for PT school. Congrats again on the interviews.

Did any one get an acceptance email? I heard some were sent out

Did any one get an acceptance email? I heard some were sent out
Nothign here yet. I haven't yet, but I've been accepted elsewhere, so I wont be utterly devastated if I don't get accepted...however, ISU meridian is my top choice thanks to family being in the area! Good luck to everyone!

Hey all,
I just recently discovered this website, so I have a few updates for you guys.
I received an email with an offer of acceptance packet on the 23rd of December. The email included a packet with materials that are required to matriculate in August. There is a deadline of January 9th for me to complete the acceptance form, pay a deposit, and complete a campus preference form. I got all of this taken care of and received an email today letting me know that all of the required documents are in for now, and that I will be contacted if I need to provide anything else. I have no idea how many people were accepted and received the same packet as me, or how many others accepted the offer as of now.

Hope this helps!

Hey all,
I just recently discovered this website, so I have a few updates for you guys.
I received an email with an offer of acceptance packet on the 23rd of December. The email included a packet with materials that are required to matriculate in August. There is a deadline of January 9th for me to complete the acceptance form, pay a deposit, and complete a campus preference form. I got all of this taken care of and received an email today letting me know that all of the required documents are in for now, and that I will be contacted if I need to provide anything else. I have no idea how many people were accepted and received the same packet as me, or how many others accepted the offer as of now.

Hope this helps!

Did you submit an early application?

Still haven’t heard anything and my application still says “ready for review”

Well I received an Acceptance last night. I did however choose to decline the offer. The reason behind this is that no matter which campus you end up doing about half of your didactic work through teleconferencing and I just do not learn well without an instructor physically present. Not saying this is a bad way to do things, just not the best way for me personally! I wish everyone else good luck and hope you hear soon!

How did you find out about the teleconferencing?

Hey all, I’m a 1st year student on the Meridian campus. I’m posting here because I *may* have an open room that I need a to fill and I’d rather pass the place off to another PT student. I live right next to campus in a townhouse with 2 roommates. Rent + utilities will range anywhere from $425-460 a month depending on how much we use.

I’m aware that it’s a bit early to be posting this, but I wanted to cover my butt incase the room does become available. Let me know if you’re interested, I will periodically check this.