If VSAS doesn't open up tomorrow...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espressso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be very upset. I'm over the continuous VSAS delays.

That's it, that's the thread.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have inside info or just speculating? Even on the vsas FAQ page it says 9AM EST for students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

One of our deans noted that VSLO will open for programs Today/Tomorrow but students will not have access until Tuesday, May 26th.

One of our deans noted that VSLO will open for programs Today/Tomorrow but students will not have access until Tuesday, May 26th.

Maybe we'll hear back from some programs before the 26th? :xf:

Reactions: 1 user

That’s ridiculous if that’s the case and they’ve told none of us. The aamc is following suit with the rest of the medical orgs providing scant information and vague timelines. Going to be so happy when I’m out of this medical education money scheme

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe we'll hear back from some programs before the 26th? :xf:

I'm hopeful it gives programs a chance to speak with students that have applications in summer months (July mostly). Maybe give us a chance to place our application to another month.

Sketchy. Our deans told us the 19th for students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Email? How did they contact you? Any specific months? Did they give any f/u if you wanted to go another month?
Yes, via email. It just looked like a normal rejection like the others I received prior to the shutdown, titled “VSAS: Application Decision.”

Official email says open for students on May 27th, but programs can access it today. Why they are dragging their feet is beyond me.

Reactions: 3 users
They couldn't have sent this email last Friday?

Another round of step cancellations. This time with no email notification. Lovely.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I got rejection emails from some VSAS programs.

care to elaborate?

My step exam was just cancelled. I randomly checked and saw it. Never got an email.

Edit: totally off topic to this thread, oops. But thought I should mention it so people can check their exam status and make sure theirs didn't get cancelled.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
My step exam was just cancelled. I randomly checked and saw it. Never got an email.

Edit: totally off topic to this thread, oops. But thought I should mention it so people can check their exam status and make sure theirs didn't get cancelled.
Yup happened to me and a bunch of people at my school as well.

Keeping it open to only programs is a good idea to allow them to make changes and stuff. The number one complaint about VSAS during a normal year is the inaccuracies so it's probably 1000x worse now. Better to let them clean it up before allowing people to panic apply to 15 places that don't actually have spots.

Don't worry guys! Forget about VSAS, the NBOME will be opening more PE dates today!

Oh, in case anyone was wondering they've stated that 3200 people have been affected by the PE cancelations so far.

Reactions: 6 users
Don't worry guys! Forget about VSAS, the NBOME will be opening more PE dates today!

Oh, in case anyone was wondering they've stated that 3200 people have been affected by the PE cancelations so far.

How many DO students are there in the country? 3200 is a lot I feel like.

I read that email and my blood pressure spiked.

Yeah they opened up a few dates in december which filled up in about 3 minutes. So helpful.

Reactions: 6 users
Ya boys SIG E CAPS score is off the charts rn

Reactions: 10 users

Did you go NBOME website?

Did you go NBOME website?

My COMLEX wasn't cancelled thankfully. *Knock on wood*. It was cancelled a few weeks back but I was at least notified from Prometric during that first few waves of cancellations.

Today though, I did go on the nbme website and logged into my step portal thing and it said (CANCELED) under my Step 2 box. I would definitely check both NBME and NBOME just to make sure.

• Wow
My COMLEX wasn't cancelled thankfully. *Knock on wood*. It was cancelled a few weeks back but I was at least notified from Prometric during that first few waves of cancellations.

Today though, I did go on the nbme website and logged into my step portal thing and it said (CANCELED) under my Step 2 box. I would definitely check both NBME and NBOME just to make sure.

Exact same thing happened to me...

• Wow
This was the email I got from VSAS yesterday.

Also the PE can go fly a kite. I haven't even taken it and I already hate it.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.09.29 PM.png

I put this in the MD student forum as well... but now that VSAS is up, if you are having trouble finding away rotations and if your school allows you to do a rotation in Critical Care Medicine (IM), we have plenty of open spots at Advent Health in Orlando.

You can find our program and rotation on VSAS by searching for the rotation code 7857-2

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I put this in the MD student forum as well... but now that VSAS is up, if you are having trouble finding away rotations and if your school allows you to do a rotation in Critical Care Medicine, we have plenty of open spots at Advent Health in Orlando.

You can find our program and rotation on VSAS

Am I crazy or is it still not available for students? Not until the 27th.

Oopfh. This is a big **** show and I feel so bad for you guys. You’ll all kill 4th year anyway and prove that no matter what you’re resilient. Good luck!

Got a VSAS denial via mail yesterday because I did not live in a bordering state to the site.

At least it seems like some sites are actually going through our applications this week.

Yeah I think its over 8k/yr now. With how fast things are growing, there should be at least 3 sites for PE right now honestly.
Or at least one not in a trash panda neighborhood

Alright ladies and gents... Wednesday is a new day!

Reactions: 7 users