About the Ads

getfat

Incoming IM Resident
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
SE
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Do you have inside info or just speculating? Even on the vsas FAQ page it says 9AM EST for students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

One of our deans noted that VSLO will open for programs Today/Tomorrow but students will not have access until Tuesday, May 26th.

Prehealth1011

5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
One of our deans noted that VSLO will open for programs Today/Tomorrow but students will not have access until Tuesday, May 26th.

Maybe we'll hear back from some programs before the 26th? :xf:

Reactions: 1 user

SurgDoc95

Surgery Resident
2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

That’s ridiculous if that’s the case and they’ve told none of us. The aamc is following suit with the rest of the medical orgs providing scant information and vague timelines. Going to be so happy when I’m out of this medical education money scheme

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users

getfat

Incoming IM Resident
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
SE
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Maybe we'll hear back from some programs before the 26th? :xf:

I'm hopeful it gives programs a chance to speak with students that have applications in summer months (July mostly). Maybe give us a chance to place our application to another month.

About the Ads

kthals123

2+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2016
Email? How did they contact you? Any specific months? Did they give any f/u if you wanted to go another month?
Yes, via email. It just looked like a normal rejection like the others I received prior to the shutdown, titled “VSAS: Application Decision.”

bigindian4891

10+ Year Member
May 20, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Official email says open for students on May 27th, but programs can access it today. Why they are dragging their feet is beyond me.

Reactions: 3 users

popopopop

7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
They couldn't have sent this email last Friday?

About the Ads

Espressso

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
blood-brain barrier
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
care to elaborate?

My step exam was just cancelled. I randomly checked and saw it. Never got an email.

Edit: totally off topic to this thread, oops. But thought I should mention it so people can check their exam status and make sure theirs didn't get cancelled.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

12jas

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My step exam was just cancelled. I randomly checked and saw it. Never got an email.

Edit: totally off topic to this thread, oops. But thought I should mention it so people can check their exam status and make sure theirs didn't get cancelled.
Yup happened to me and a bunch of people at my school as well.

Neopolymath

Renaissance Man
7+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Keeping it open to only programs is a good idea to allow them to make changes and stuff. The number one complaint about VSAS during a normal year is the inaccuracies so it's probably 1000x worse now. Better to let them clean it up before allowing people to panic apply to 15 places that don't actually have spots.

Reactions: 4 users
A

AnatomyGrey12

Don't worry guys! Forget about VSAS, the NBOME will be opening more PE dates today!

Oh, in case anyone was wondering they've stated that 3200 people have been affected by the PE cancelations so far.

Reactions: 6 users
About the Ads

Neopolymath

Renaissance Man
7+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Don't worry guys! Forget about VSAS, the NBOME will be opening more PE dates today!

Oh, in case anyone was wondering they've stated that 3200 people have been affected by the PE cancelations so far.
I read that email and my blood pressure spiked.

PorkChopsOG

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Yeah they opened up a few dates in december which filled up in about 3 minutes. So helpful.

Reactions: 6 users

Scrubs101

5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ya boys SIG E CAPS score is off the charts rn

Reactions: 10 users

You shall know the Truth

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)

Did you go NBOME website?

Espressso

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
blood-brain barrier
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Did you go NBOME website?

My COMLEX wasn't cancelled thankfully. *Knock on wood*. It was cancelled a few weeks back but I was at least notified from Prometric during that first few waves of cancellations.

Today though, I did go on the nbme website and logged into my step portal thing and it said (CANCELED) under my Step 2 box. I would definitely check both NBME and NBOME just to make sure.

• Wow

MavFab

2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2016
My COMLEX wasn't cancelled thankfully. *Knock on wood*. It was cancelled a few weeks back but I was at least notified from Prometric during that first few waves of cancellations.

Today though, I did go on the nbme website and logged into my step portal thing and it said (CANCELED) under my Step 2 box. I would definitely check both NBME and NBOME just to make sure.

Exact same thing happened to me...

• Wow

shadynasty

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This was the email I got from VSAS yesterday.

Also the PE can go fly a kite. I haven't even taken it and I already hate it.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.09.29 PM.png

Doctor Bob

Fellowship aPD
10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I put this in the MD student forum as well... but now that VSAS is up, if you are having trouble finding away rotations and if your school allows you to do a rotation in Critical Care Medicine (IM), we have plenty of open spots at Advent Health in Orlando.

You can find our program and rotation on VSAS by searching for the rotation code 7857-2

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Espressso

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
blood-brain barrier
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I put this in the MD student forum as well... but now that VSAS is up, if you are having trouble finding away rotations and if your school allows you to do a rotation in Critical Care Medicine, we have plenty of open spots at Advent Health in Orlando.

You can find our program and rotation on VSAS

Am I crazy or is it still not available for students? Not until the 27th.

Dec 11, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Oopfh. This is a big **** show and I feel so bad for you guys. You’ll all kill 4th year anyway and prove that no matter what you’re resilient. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users

getfat

Incoming IM Resident
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
SE
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Got a VSAS denial via mail yesterday because I did not live in a bordering state to the site.

At least it seems like some sites are actually going through our applications this week.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.