II drought?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southcalcardiology

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
M

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, this is Cali premed again. Bro, pick a name without California in it...

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Well I miss the dopamine rush. Also I’ve been failing MISERABLY on interviews so I’ll need all the chances I can get
Maybe you should focus on the interviews you have left instead of worrying about snagging a few more II.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
So at this point I’ve received 10 IIs but haven’t heard anything in weeks except for an R from Chicago. Why?
To address your concern before you get banned:

now is likely when the interview invites for the high rollers will tone down. You were probably at the top of the stack for most schools, and have now either been reviewed with a soft R, reviewed and put into the ‘later’ pile, hard R, or interview invite. There may be a couple straggling schools who haven’t reviewed you yet, but they are likely few in number.

Be happy with what you have now. Even @u_raptor with his 24 IIs has only received one invite in the last like...week and a half? Stay strong, my guy. You have enough in storage to make it through the drought.

• Haha

now is likely when the interview invites for the high rollers will tone down. You were probably at the top of the stack for most schools, and have now either been reviewed with a soft R, reviewed and put into the ‘later’ pile, hard R, or interview invite. There may be a couple straggling schools who haven’t reviewed you yet, but they are likely few in number.

Be happy with what you have now. Even @u_raptor with his 24 IIs has only received one invite in the last like...week and a half? Stay strong, my guy. You have enough in storage to make it through the drought.

Curious, for those that that had good early success with IIs, what was the date of your last secondary submission that you feel like drought now taking place. I suspect there were 10x more secondaries received per day at a medschools in late July early August than early July, and another 10x by end of Auguest. Thus turn around time would grow disproportionately.

I would prefer to think of the drought more due to the duration /span it took to complete all secondaries along the the increased volume/longer processing time.

Does anyone have stats to,support this theory. IE: apps submitted by calendar week or calendar month?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Curious, for those that that ad good early success with IIs, what was the date of your last secondary submission that you feel like drought now taking place. I suspect there were 10x more secondaries received per day at a medschools in late July early August than early July, and another 10x by end of Auguest. Thus turn around time would grow disproportionately.

I would prefer to think of the drought more due to the duration /span it took to complete all secondaries along the the increased volume/longer processing time.

Does anyone have stats to,support this theory. IE: apps submitted by calendar week or calendar month?
Sure:

Secondaries by week:
Last week of May: 2
First week of July: 7
Second week of July: 9
Third week of July:1
Second week of August: 1

Interviews:
First week of July:1
Second week of July: 1
Second week of August:2
First week of September: 2

Suffice to say, early to mid July is prime secondary time for early submitters, and interviews come whenever.

Well I miss the dopamine rush. Also I’ve been failing MISERABLY on interviews so I’ll need all the chances I can get

What makes you think this? I also haven't got an interview invite in 2 weeks (6 so far).

Reactions: 1 users
Did I do something to get banned in my post (unaware of forum rules as a new member)
People are assuming you are a fallen hero (Calipremed, RIP) just because this is the kind of topic he would post. Also he was from California, thought he was horrible at interviews, also had 10 IIs and a R from Chicago lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I want to believe this is cali, but I don’t know if I can handle the hurt of losing them again

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
People are assuming you are a fallen hero (Calipremed, RIP) just because this is the kind of topic he would post. Also he was from California, thought he was horrible at interviews, also had 10 IIs and a R from Chicago lol
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Just saying.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I don’t know who that is. It’s my first time visiting the site. I heard about this from reddit

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Just saying.
And if that duck replies in the same way the other duck did, never quoting the people they’re replying to, it’s probably the duck you’re thinking of.
Just waiting for a “feelsbadman” :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Yeah I was chilling for at least 2 weeks while lots got T10 or T20 IIs.

Not seeing how anyone with 10 IIs can say 'drought'

If you've already been rejected post-interview, do some serious work on your interview skills before wasting your remaining chances. (Even if it means postponing a few interviews)

Reactions: 5 users
Holy neurotism, Batman!

Reactions: 3 users
I thought you can’t get rejected post II until the October 15. I’m just guessing they’ll be Rs or Ws. All other interviewees seemed to be chuckling and joking with interviewers like best friends after the interview

I got all of my IIs in August and early September, then one later in March. Maybe your cycles over?

• Haha
I got all of my IIs in August and early September, then one later in March. Maybe your cycles over?
Interesting. Were you complete very early? When did you start getting waves of rejections? People always say order of completion does not matter for IIs, but I keep seeing stories of early applicants getting all of their IIs in August/September, then silence.

Reactions: 2 users
If you can't turn one of those 10 interviews into an offer of admission, the eleventh won't be the charm. Write off the rest as silent rejections and then be pleasantly surprised if any of them do invite you to interview.

Jeeze, kids, c'mon.
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
So at this point I’ve received 10 IIs but haven’t heard anything in weeks except for an R from Chicago. Why?
You do realize your question is shows either you are wholly naive of the process or just an obnoxious braggart. One II is good, two is great, and three or more is fantastic. So I suggest you sit down, shut up, and give up 5 II so others may have then instead of you complaining like a wanna-be gunner
I thought you can’t get rejected post II until the October 15. I’m just guessing they’ll be Rs or Ws. All other interviewees seemed to be chuckling and joking with interviewers like best friends after the interview
Admissions cannot announce regular acceptances prior to Oct 15th. All other statuses maybe decided at any time from the moment you submit primary. Additionally admissions committee needs to vote for acceptance/WL (waitlist is an acceptance pending seat). Vote is not required rejection or hold.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I’m not bragging but I’m anxious because I’ve had similar thing happen before. 20+ job interviews for corporate recruiting. Literally didn’t get a single offer. While some friends literally got the offer at the only place they interviewed. I’m prettt terrified of the same thing happening and being forced to bag groceries

• Haha
I’m not bragging but I’m anxious because I’ve had similar thing happen before. 20+ job interviews for corporate recruiting. Literally didn’t get a single offer. While some friends literally got the offer at the only place they interviewed. I’m prettt terrified of the same thing happening and being forced to bag groceries

Why do you think you had poor outcomes with 20+ interviews? Maybe some introspection will help. Interview skills? Personality? I mean we all have something to improve so take at stab at identifying your weaknesses and work on those.

I’m sorry that you went through that experience with job interviews. Unfortunately, interviewing is a part of professional school it’s a part of getting a job it’s just a part of being a professional. It’s something that you’ll have to do and the only thing that you can do about it is to get better at interviewing. Venting about your problems on an anonymous online forum solve nothing. Get out, go talk to people. Do mocking interviews. Do everything you can to get better. Whether it’s medical school or a job or whatever, you need to be able to interact with people. I hope the best for you, your application is obviously good based on the volume of interviews you are getting. At this point however, success rests on your shoulders. Keep your eye on the goal and do your best to get what you feel you deserve.

If you have 10 interviews and cannot turn one into acceptance, you would not be forced to bag groceries, you would be there of your own volition.

• Love
so what i pulled away from this thread is that he has risen and that no more ii are being sent out for high stat applicants

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Troll or not, there may be a real nervous person behind these posts. Help while we can.
Anyone with 10 iis at any point during the cycle has nothing to be worried about unless they suck at interviewing. If they aren’t good at interviewing, they should follow your advice and practice. Really, though, I think think they just want people to be like “omg 10 is?! That’s amazing!” #feelsbadman

so what i pulled away from this thread is that he has risen and that no more ii are being sent out for high stat applicants
and you would be wrong. There are still thousands of applications at all schools being considered. So sit on your hands and wait until Thanksgiving,

Yeah- high stats 528 applicants, move over. It’s my time to shine :D :p hahaha

Edit- this post is obviously sarcastic...kind of...

• Love
Anyone with 10 iis at any point during the cycle has nothing to be worried about unless they suck at interviewing. If they aren’t good at interviewing, they should follow your advice and practice. Really, though, I think think they just want people to be like “omg 10 is?! That’s amazing!” #feelsbadman
I suck at interviewing but not badly enough to have a 100% post-II rejection rate... I hope.

I suck at interviewing but not badly enough to have a 100% post-II rejection rate... I hope.
I feel like you’re much better at interviewing than you think! You seem calm, cool, and collected. Just be yourself! You got this!

As someone who has been there (not 10 interviews, but still relative application cycle success plus extreme worry) I sympathize. @southcalcardiology, just recognize you are in a position that less than 5% of matriculants (not applicants, but matriculants) will be in by having more than 6 interviews. Your cycle is successful so far. The last bit is on you. As @LizzyM stated, think of your II cycle as over and be pleasantly surprised if you get any more. Focus on the big guns, kill those interviews.

Rt. I hate posts like these. It feels like a lack of self awareness...like just be thankful y'all!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Rt. I hate posts like these. It feels like a lack of self awareness...like just be thankful y'all!
I love you, @u_raptor. You’re definitely one of the classiest people on here. Despite your success, you’re still down to earth and humble. It’s very impressive!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I can relate my own experience. I got 3 II's in July, 17 II's in August, and one II so far in sept. (2 days ago). It seems like except for maybe 3 schools which only recently started sending out invites, the other three will be soft R's (I am looking at you USC).

Edit: I got 2 in september. I just got one like 20 min ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

Second half isn’t even true. I got two II at T10 this week after being complete since like the second week of July

Second half isn’t even true. I got two II at T10 this week after being complete since like the second week of July
Anyone know if there are automatic IA piles that don’t get reviewed until later? Asking for a friend.

• Haha
I love you, @u_raptor. You’re definitely one of the classiest people on here. Despite your success, you’re still down to earth and humble. It’s very impressive!
Thanks so much! That means a lot lol. I like to hope my experiences have taught me the importance of humility at least some what!

• Wow
  • Love
1568231962123.png

Couldn't resist

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Status
Not open for further replies.