II drought?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t even know who this calorpremed is. I couldn’t even find a profile on this site for that username?
The upside is if these 10 interviews don't pan out somehow, I'm in the first row for your future comedy career!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I got all of my IIs in August and early September, then one later in March. Maybe your cycles over?
Hope not for many of the SDN'ers here.
Memlord was definitely earlier than many high-competitive applicants who likely completed their apps throughout August.
I’m not bragging but I’m anxious because I’ve had similar thing happen before. 20+ job interviews for corporate recruiting. Literally didn’t get a single offer. While some friends literally got the offer at the only place they interviewed. I’m prettt terrified of the same thing happening and being forced to bag groceries

FWIW:
If you feel you were very well qualified for those corporate interviews,
and went 0 or 1 for 20 as you indicate,
and out were under thirty years old (ie: not too expensive),
and DNT have an undisclosed disability;
Then significant actions are required for You to take!

I suggest taking every action possible to improve your interview experience.
I suggest utilizing experienced professionals to help be evaluated, and even consider video recording. Document as many of past questions, and many expected common questions, do your preparation and then get reviewed.

Some things to consider getting evaluated during the process (in no specific order, and many mnonths ot apply):
Interpersonal:
- appearance from top to bottom
- hand shake
- eye contact
- voice volume
- body language during the interview
- filler language
- pace of language
- strength of perfume or cologne
- disclosure of any disabilities prior, or English as a second language
Topical
- memorize and plan your talking points for all anticipate questions
- it is suggested however to keep it natural and not fully rehearse answers, but still do thorough mock interviews

My guess is that your evaluator will find at least one red flag that will greatly improve your rewultsmif addressed.

Could someone link calipremed's actual account name? I want to see what caused him to get (rightfully) banned. Unlike some sdn members, I personally never liked the guy and the arrogance he showed when he didn't reply directly to your comment

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone link calipremed's actual account name? I want to see what caused him to get (rightfully) banned. Unlike some sdn members, I personally never liked the guy and the arrogance he showed when he didn't reply directly to your comment
The post that caused him to get banned has been removed. Basically, complained about ADCOMs at his interview bugging his car and tracking him, like his ex.

• Wow
  • Haha
To address your concern before you get banned:

now is likely when the interview invites for the high rollers will tone down. You were probably at the top of the stack for most schools, and have now either been reviewed with a soft R, reviewed and put into the ‘later’ pile, hard R, or interview invite. There may be a couple straggling schools who haven’t reviewed you yet, but they are likely few in number.
While I would hope calipremed does not get any more II (and any A this year, he doesn't seem mature enough at the moment), I would say that I have to disagree with your statement above. Most of the adcoms on here say not to worry until Thanksgiving, and that includes high-stats applicants as well. It may also be possible that they were moved to an II pile that they send out on a rolling basis so that there's not too many people interviewing during one particular week

The post that caused him to get banned has been removed. Basically, complained about ADCOMs at his interview bugging his car and tracking him, like his ex.
Oh yeah, was that the one where he was talking about his pen and hat getting bugged? If this guy is not a troll, he has a real problem. Not sure that he should have been banned for that particular post though (I know a lot more posts that he has made that deserved him to get banned on the spot compared to adcoms bugging his car)

While I would hope calipremed does not get any more II (and any A this year, he doesn't seem mature enough at the moment), I would say that I have to disagree with your statement above. Most of the adcoms on here say not to worry until Thanksgiving, and that includes high-stats applicants as well. It may also be possible that they were moved to an II pile that they send out on a rolling basis so that there's not too many people interviewing during one particular week
This is very very possible. I am just basing my statement off of my own observations with around 10 individuals on here with 10+ II that went from 1 or 2 to 10+ in a matter of 2-3 weeks, but who have only received trickles over the last couple weeks. Almost all of the 10+ on here I have seen had some kind of pattern like that. May just be coincidence, but just my observation. At that, however, no one should be worried now or even by Thanksgiving if they have 10+ II. Hell, even if you have 3 interviews by thanksgiving, that is better than the 60 percent of applicants who get one or less.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not bragging but I’m anxious because I’ve had similar thing happen before. 20+ job interviews for corporate recruiting. Literally didn’t get a single offer. While some friends literally got the offer at the only place they interviewed. I’m prettt terrified of the same thing happening and being forced to bag groceries

What makes you think you are qualified to get a job bagging groceries?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
OP thinks that just because he didn't put (no brag) in his first post that we won't know it's calipremed. Smh we see thru you, cpm

Reactions: 5 users
I thought Peter Parker saw better without his glasses :confused:
You’re correct, unfortunately the meme is easier to follow when it’s in incorrect order :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ok so I’m in the southeast for an interview and I just so happened to match with a girl on tinder and she came over. Dry spell broken. May or may not have used something that will make my interview difficult tmmr. But she did say “you’re lucky you’re cute” maybe not ugly confirmed. Going to rock this interview tmmr
No better interview prep de stressing than some consensual booty. Good for you, kill that interview tomorrow.

• Haha
Well that’s kinda the problem. There might be something that will either make me crush the interview or fall asleep depending on when it wears off. Need some advice from M4s tbh
Oh for ****s sake guy. I was on your side with this new account, we were celebrating your successful booty call, then you gotta turn it sideways into the drugs realm? I never report, but you’re trolling. JFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for ****s sake guy. I was on your side with this new account, we were celebrating your successful booty call, then you gotta turn it sideways into the drugs realm? I never report, but you’re trolling. JFC.
Will you kindly stop complaining and just report the guy?

That goes for the rest of you as well.

BTW, if the folks running SDN really, really want to, they can complain to UG schools about their students' behaviors. Professionalism, issues, TOS violations and all that.

I repeat:
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Reactions: 4 users
Will you kindly stop complaining and just report the guy?

That goes for the rest of you as well.

BTW, if the folks running SDN really, really want to, they can complain to UG schools about their students' behaviors. Professionalism, issues, TOS violations and all that.

I repeat:
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
I did report. I very rarely do, but I did.

Also, how would SDN report to undergraduate schools?

Also things can be satire. Anyway just ban this account tbh. No point in posting here anymore if it just causes trouble

I did report. I very rarely do, but I did.

Also, how would SDN report to undergraduate schools?
They have their ways. Their IT aren't idiots.

Did you notice somebody got nervous? Guess what, admissions deans also check SDN out. Some members leave very large and obvious tracks

They have their ways. Their IT aren't idiots.

Did you notice somebody got nervous? Guess what, admissions deans also check SDN out. Some members leave very large and obvious tracks
I suppose they can. Also yes, it would not be difficult to tie an applicant to their app. Literally just from a WAMC post, let alone drawing major attention to oneself and talking about themselves and their activities.

• Love
Why wouldn’t I get nervous? It’s not like I am going to risk my entire future over an account that is purely satirical? I don’t understand what the harm is in trying to relieve a little stress associated with this process through comedy.

If anybody would actually be “offended” by my posts (which are never malignant, prejudice, bigoted etc.) to the point where they would deny me admission then it’s not a place I would want to spend 4 years anyway

Why wouldn’t I get nervous? It’s not like I am going to risk my entire future over an account that is purely satirical? I don’t understand what the harm is in trying to relieve a little stress associated with this process through comedy.
Look at many of my posts. I do comedy and humor. Also annoying, egocentric, and sometimes an dingus, but more frequently helpful and humor. You, you’re just being a jack ass and unproductive.

He deleted it before I could quote it, but if anyone was curious he basically said “I was never being racist, sexist, bigoted - no one forces SDNers to read these threads.”

• Haha
I want to believe this is cali, but I don’t know if I can handle the hurt of losing them again
If anybody would actually be “offended” by my posts (which are never malignant, prejudice, bigoted etc.) to the point where they would deny me admission then it’s not a place I would want to spend 4 years anyway
Sorry to say @Orangekiwi you will have your heart broken a third time. Our friend has finally realized that what one does online is connectable to them in person. Sad day. Pour one out or press F or whatever.

@southcalcardiology

Using your CaliPreMed alter-ego you mentioned multiple times about how gung-ho you were about cardiology (which is now in your new username) and you made a thread about applying to corporate jobs for med school interview practice (which you mentioned again earlier in this thread).

If you're gonna troll at least be smart about it.

@southcalcardiology

Using your CaliPreMed alter-ego you mentioned multiple times about how gung-ho you were about cardiology (which is now in your new username) and you made a thread about applying to corporate jobs for med school interview practice (which you mentioned again earlier in this thread).

If you're gonna troll at least be smart about it.
You may have missed it at the end, but dude admitted it. He just wanted to have fun and took it too far. I get it, the cycle is stressful. But taking that out on others is not beneficial to anyone. It is one thing to be excessively neurotic and just straight up not chill (guilty) but falsifying your activity and spamming what is meant to be a *mostly* helpful forum does more harm to others than benefit to yourself.

Reactions: 5 users
Sometimes the superhero is just a villain in disguise. [F] :cryi:

Sometimes the superhero is just a villain in disguise. [F] :cryi:

This is basically the premise of The Boys on Amazon. Shameless plug for a show I thoroughly enjoyed (if that's allowed)

feelsbadman.

Edit: no more visitations with my parole officer, im off SDN probation!

• Haha
  • Wow
Troll or not, there may be a real nervous person behind these posts. Help while we can.

Just wanted to say I appreciate this point of view (there may also be real nervous people who don’t post but hope to get reassurance as well)

Today it might be a troll. Tomorrow it might be someone who just needs reassurance.

This is basically the premise of The Boys on Amazon. Shameless plug for a show I thoroughly enjoyed (if that's allowed)

I can't wait for season 2. Do any of the other Boys have children? Was Butcher's wife actually assaulted or merely seduced?

Guess what, admissions deans also check SDN out. Some members leave very large and obvious tracks

giphy.gif

Memelord currently

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
giphy.gif

Memelord currently
That’s MISTER DOCTOR PROFESSOR PATRICK to you!!

Also, nah no sweat. I’m an occasional snobbish ass hole at worst, an informed contributor at best, most of the time just a well intentioned humorous, if annoying, meme-Er/nuisance (attacking the very existence of Reddit during an online breakdown aside)

The real bad folks all get banned. Or dip out, as SoCal has done.

Edit: Also, thank you for giving me the first opportunity to use my tag-line.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Also, nah no sweat. I’m an occasional snobbish ass hole at worst, an informed contributor at best, most of the time just a well intentioned humorous, if annoying, meme-Er/nuisance (attacking the very existence of Reddit during an online breakdown aside)

Not to potentially turn this into criticism or start another mob, but I am legitimately curious as to why this wouldn't be concerning for your admission committee to potentially know?

Not to potentially turn this into criticism or start another mob, but I am legitimately curious as to why this wouldn't be concerning for your admission committee to potentially know?
You know, that is an excellent question and I kind of think it hints at a lot of the reasoning so many people stay off of SDN/ask for no quotes etc. People want to preserve anonymity but if an ADCOM genuinely genuinely cared then they would already know who I am by now, or anyone for that matter as it is very easy to tie an applicant to their accounts just based on little things they say.

As to why I think it wouldn’t be concerning, I think it could be. But it mostly wouldn’t be. My negativity permeates through only a small fraction of my posts, and most of those are from quite obvious (and admittedly overzealous and regrettable) threads of stress. That doesn’t really excuse bad behavior, but the overall context behind the vast majority of what I say and do here is that of positivity, support, and humor.

I just post so. Damn. Much. That the negative occurs with higher volume, but relatively similar frequency (possibly a bit higher) to any other member.

Did I answer the question?

You know, that is an excellent question and I kind of think it hints at a lot of the reasoning so many people stay off of SDN/ask for no quotes etc. People want to preserve anonymity but if an ADCOM genuinely genuinely cared then they would already know who I am by now, or anyone for that matter as it is very easy to tie an applicant to their accounts just based on little things they say.

As to why I think it wouldn’t be concerning, I think it could be. But it mostly wouldn’t be. My negativity permeates through only a small fraction of my posts, and most of those are from quite obvious (and admittedly overzealous and regrettable) threads of stress. That doesn’t really excuse bad behavior, but the overall context behind the vast majority of what I say and do here is that of positivity, support, and humor.

I just post so. Damn. Much. That the negative occurs with higher volume, but relatively similar frequency (possibly a bit higher) to any other member.

Did I answer the question?

I just figured the same approach to how to dress for an II applies. If you can avoid adding anything negative towards the perception of you, do so. You won't really gain much but you stand to lose much. Playing the bad guy here, but let's say your application was similar to others and someone on the board says "They scored the same but I remember watching memelord pick a fight with reddit and claim multiple outburst were caused by application stress. And the other guy is holding a cat in his facebook profile picture." You could very well argue that if the stress of just applying, successfully so far, has done this then it could call into question coping skills in medical school and beyond. Again, not trying to criticize unnecessarily but hopefully trying to toss in some relative perspective.

• Haha
If you can avoid adding anything negative towards the perception of you, do so.
I share a near perspective towards this. If you can avoid negative perceptions then avoid them if you can, with the caveat that if putting on a show makes you feel less ‘you’ then it is not worthwhile. For instance, using the suit analogy, I have a swiggity suit. However, it has faint pinstripes and I am keeping my (well maintained!) beard. Those could be viewed as negatives, but I feel less me by shaving or appearing bland. It is the same thing for the negative behavior. Overall, I am pretty chill - but I will be very open about the fact that my baggage is difficulty reading the room and what is “too far.” These are things that have NEVER been detrimental to my work, family, or patient life merely social - but I am also open about trying to clean up the baggage (maintaining the beard I choose to keep).
You could very well argue that if the stress of just applying, successfully so far, has done this then it could call into question coping skills in medical school and beyond.
Each of the times I have been unable to de stress outside of SDN due to a very busy summer and inability to just get outside or talk with my family (lots of travel). An ADCOM doesn’t know that from reading SDN, but you are correct that this could be the perception. I personally know it is not/will not be reflective of MED shook activity, but if an ADCOM reads SDN and cares to tie me to memelord yah, I am probably on the short list for getting cut. It is out of my hands, you are right.
Again, not trying to criticize unnecessarily but hopefully trying to toss in some relative perspective.
No! I totally get it and it is much appreciated.

I think you have to be REALLY outwardly toxic to have an adcom hunt you to match your SDN to IRL.

I dont think anyone is toxic enough here. I dont even think memelord is remotely toxic here or at heart, especially in person. Unaware sometimes? Perhaps. But everyone is in their own ways and everyone has a vice

adcom hunt
I mean, TBF, it would not really be hunting for me as the first line of my PS is:

“My path towards medicine began with my Medical Laboratory Technician training with the U.S. Army.”

And that is very clearly memelord lol

However, I would tend to agree with you simply based on what the ADCOMS on here have stated - no one cares enough to do more than google an applicant (if that) until after they have already matriculated.

• Haha
I mean, TBF, it would not really be hunting for me as the first line of my PS is:

“My path towards medicine began with my Medical Laboratory Technician training with the U.S. Army.”

And that is very clearly memelord lol

However, I would tend to agree with you simply based on what the ADCOMS on here have stated - no one cares enough to do more than google an applicant (if that) until after they have already matriculated.

Id think that schools are more apt to verify EC’s than to verify applicants with SDN behavior

Id think that schools are more apt to verify EC’s than to verify applicants with SDN behavior

Lol funny story about this too. I was looking at my EC’s and realized that if schools were to call this guy, he would have no clue who I was. My roommate and I volunteered here 4.5 years ago, and he only saved 1 number for the both of us, and saved us as the “honors kids” because we were in our university’s ~honors program~.

Long story short i had a mini panic attack and was like Im gunna get called out by schools and i spent a few hours looking for any trace of us there. Luckily I found an pic of us ~volunteering in action~ on their facebook page LOL

Lol funny story about this too. I was looking at my EC’s and realized that if schools were to call this guy, he would have no clue who I was. My roommate and I volunteered here 4.5 years ago, and he only saved 1 number for the both of us, and saved us as the “honors kids” because we were in our university’s ~honors program~.

Long story short i had a mini panic attack and was like Im gunna get called out by schools and i spent a few hours looking for any trace of us there. Luckily I found an pic of us ~volunteering in action~ on their facebook page LOL
I have something like that...I have literally no evidence that I was in Colombia for a month because I cannot find a copy of my orders, no pictures...my contact for it was just like “I think I remember you going there, yah i can vouch for that.” Like....who knows lol

As long as it isn’t something crazy or out there, I genuinely don’t even think they are going line by line calling every contact to verify activities.

• Haha
Cant he just make a new account under a different name/state if he really wanted to

We respect the anonymity of all members.
Even the banned ones.
Well, with all due respect to my learned colleague, another SDN moderator, one high up in the food chain, explained something a little bit differently to me. Mind you, this is only in extreme circumstances, but the tools are there, nonetheless.

Cant he just make a new account under a different name/state if he really wanted to
He can, but SDN's IT people are pretty savvy. A few years ago, there was a particularly malignant troll called orangepants running amok, I think that he made some six-plus respawn accounts. They all got shot down pretty quickly, and we haven't seen his like since.

Status
Not open for further replies.