I'm ready for a girlfriend...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just don't force it. Let it come. If you're a decent guy and not awkward the right chemistry will unfold.
I'd like to talk about this chemistry. Or maybe something that is related to the topic of this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Sex is overrated, relationships are vastly overrated. There will ALWAYS be women out there, don't be in such a rush to have a relationship. As previously stated, they're a lot of work to do it right. It will happen when it's supposed to, it generally always does. And when i say sex is overrated, im talking about the sleeping around that 98% of the guys here tell you to do. Lube+internet=win.

This is the truth.

Holy crap this thread is so full of :wtf:

Members don't see this ad :)
The high guy-to-girl ratio on this forum is why I hate threads like this.

Don't just find a gf cause you want one dude...wait til you meet a girl who you actually WANT to date. I made the mistake of dating girls who came to me and I had to put 0 effort into it, but I never liked them that much lol they just fell in my lap.

If you meet an awesome girl go for it...but don't force it.

Also watch your "girl count" if you want a serious relationship...Anything over 20 is disgusting to most girls and will haunt you if you have a long term relationship. Avoid the sex history talk at ALL costs lol!!

Many ppl in here sound like 16-17 year old teens... Seems like you guys concerned about relationship/dating/sex more than anything. All these posts got so redundant and boring.

Here is my advice for the person that made this thread: DO NOT listen to anybody on this forum about ur personelo stuff w/ girls i bet that half of the ppl that give advices on this topic never even had serious, lasting relationships...

Edit: P.S. I do not understand whats so special about new years kiss, it is not like a last kiss in ur life anyways... ?

Last edited:
Edit: P.S. I do not understand whats so special about new years kiss, it is not like a last kiss in ur life anyways... ?

Exactly, it's not like it's Dec 31st, 2011!

Don't just find a gf cause you want one dude...wait til you meet a girl who you actually WANT to date. I made the mistake of dating girls who came to me and I had to put 0 effort into it, but I never liked them that much lol they just fell in my lap.

Also watch your "girl count" if you want a serious relationship...Anything over 20 is disgusting to most girls and will haunt you if you have a long term relationship. Avoid the sex history talk at ALL costs lol!!

you must've missed this in high school math:

[actual number of partners copulated with]/[huge number] =

[purported number of partners copulated with]

:laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-x3HkBd6s[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)

Nothing really, and i was commenting on it because several others were saying that it bothered them that they were unable to kiss someone on new years. It's something that they want to experience, I suppose, and who really cares why they want to. I can remember being at a new years party 9 or 10 years ago when similar feelings were going through me, so i can empathize with the OP et. al.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not the anti-social, awkward around girls type. I've had plenty of the shameful one-night stands, the "damn, this month was crazy, I better go get tested" and "uh, whats your name again?" times, and Planned Parenthood should have been on my speed-dial. Recently, I took a vow of abstinence because I knew that this lifestyle wasn't me and because I became known around campus as the manwhore. And I've kept that vow ever since (I broke it once, but I just had to that time lol).

fb4c7583.jpg

By the way, self-control is sexy.

op, are you drunk? you should always listen to your small head

Ugh, no. Too high chance of STDs.

+1:thumbup: like uaawolf said: guys who have slept with a zillion girls are a total turn off to me. i don't care if he even has zero notches on his belt; if i'm looking for relationship material i care about who he is as a person. if he's got half a brain he can learn how to get through the physical stuff no problem:laugh:

I recently had my annual physical, and I was telling my doctor how I'm single no new sexual partners blah blah blah blah. She knows I'm premed and applying right now, so she quips in with "That's the way to do it, going to medical school. You've got all these single guys who've been studying for years to get it, it's GQ in there." I love my doctor.

Besides, girls like manwhores :D
Do you know any women? I suppose I'm generalizing just like you, but I think you are in for a surprise.

OP, whatever you do...don't let her touch your money. We're in modern times, she can pay for her own dinner.
OP, ignore this piece of advice. If you invite her for dinner, you pay for dinner.

OP, ignore this piece of advice. If you invite her for dinner, you pay for dinner.

Agreed. The person who does the asking does the paying. And that goes regardless of gender! If the girl asks the guy, she should pay. If the guy asks the girl, he should pay.

Agreed. The person who does the asking does the paying. And that goes regardless of gender! If the girl asks the guy, she should pay. If the guy asks the girl, he should pay.

:thumbup:

this thread is epic lulz. in my opinion, though, the best relationships aren't the ones you look for - they're the ones that find you. forced relationships are usually self-fulfilling prophecies and we all know those don't last long.

this thread is epic lulz. in my opinion, though, the best relationships aren't the ones you look for - they're the ones that find you. forced relationships are usually self-fulfilling prophecies and we all know those don't last long.

I agree with you, however, I would like to point out that self fulfilling prophecies are proven to come true more often than not.

good advice..especially the last paragraph..hahah sooo true

you've just got to find someone who absolutely adores you. Someone who still loves you even when you haven't left the house for a few days, you look like crap, and you are totally out of your mind with stress about some stupid exam. someone who will look the other way when you are acting like some freakin psycho. you will hit some low points in med school and it ain't gonna be pretty.

:thumbup: its hard to find though but not impossible

to the OP, I feel you man. I am in the same boat. Sucks because I was dating someone these past 3 months only to get a cold shoulder in the end. Just be patient man. It'll be worth it in the end.

seems like all the good advice has already been given out, but here's a recap:

1) don't force anything. a relationship that happens more/less spontaneously tends to work out a lot better than one that is forced. this is especially true because forced relationships tend to be lopsided in terms of affection.

2) stop being a *****, but more importantly stop telling people you have been a *****. honesty is great, to an extent.

3) medical school is a crazy environment. there will many late nights in close quarters. nursing students will chase you. etc etc etc. hard to predict what will happen, but don't get too caught up with having a particular vision for your relationships.

i'm right there with you man. I am very ready for a great relationship, and am getting irritated with all of friends being in one except me. it's a bummer, but don't let that force you into a bad relationship for the sake of being in one.

remember, a bad relationship is MUCH worse than none at all.