I’m taking the DAT in 2 months. How should I prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eightoheight

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I want to take the DAT in two months.

1. What is the best DAT prep material that I can use for about 8 weeks? I already have my eye on one but I am interested in your thoughts.

Any pros and cons will be great.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally used DAT Bootcamp. I followed the 10 week schedule that they had as best as I could, though I condensed the first half where you watch videos and read the biology chapters. I had planned on taking 6 weeks total to study, but ended up rescheduling my DAT and studied for about 8 or so weeks. I also bought DAT destroyer, but I only worked through about 1/5 of all the questions. Looking back, I wish I would have bought an older version from other students who had already taken the DAT.

No matter what resource you end up getting, I think that having a schedule and being consistent is the key to doing well. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I personally used DAT Bootcamp. I followed the 10 week schedule that they had as best as I could, though I condensed the first half where you watch videos and read the biology chapters. I had planned on taking 6 weeks total to study, but ended up rescheduling my DAT and studied for about 8 or so weeks. I also bought DAT destroyer, but I only worked through about 1/5 of all the questions. Looking back, I wish I would have bought an older version from other students who had already taken the DAT.

No matter what resource you end up getting, I think that having a schedule and being consistent is the key to doing well. Good luck!

Thanks for the information!

How many hours did you dedicate to it a day or week (whichever one is easier to average)? I have a little anxiety about possibly not having enough time to study in 8 weeks unless I eat, sleep, and breathe studying.

Do you wish that because you wish you got a better score?

Thanks for the information!

How many hours did you dedicate to it a day or week (whichever one is easier to average)? I have a little anxiety about possibly not having enough time to study in 8 weeks unless I eat, sleep, and breathe studying.

Do you wish that because you wish you got a better score?

I planned on studying about 8 hours a day Monday through Saturday and having all of Sunday off. It was hard to do that during the 1st week, so I’d say maybe an average of 5-6 for the first week or two, then 7-8 most other weeks and 10-12 the last 2 weeks. It’s definitely a lot of time, but I was still able to briefly do other things like watch some Netflix, hang out with family, and work part-time. If you schedule other activities around your study time, you’ll be able to still be able to do fun things.

I wish I’d gotten an older version because I could’ve bought it for much cheaper than what I paid for the new edition and I didn’t even use all of the destroyer questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Normally I would recommend DATBootcamp, PATBooster, and Destroyer but Bootcamp raised their prices to $500 from $347 last week. Honestly, it's not worth it at that price point, especially if you only have 2 months left.

So I would recommend reviewing the DATDestroyer questions and PATBooster. Those 2 are more than enough.

xoxo

Reactions: 1 users
You can use any materials you want to for studying for the test. The most used materials are DAT Bootcamp, Chad's videos or Mike's videos, DAT Destroyer, etc.

But, I think the most important thing to succeed in the DAT is to have a solid strategy and plan. Most people will have access to the same study materials , but not everyone does well in this test.

You can read different breakdowns and inspiring stories and kind of figure out what works for you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users