In search of veterinarians for our clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanadianVet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We are a busy, small animal practice in a small town close to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a reliable, long-term veterinarian for our practice? (We prefer experienced doctors but new graduates are welcome.)

We have tried posting on the CVMA website, craigslist, indeed etc. We even contacted University of Saskatchewan vet school (there are no vet schools in our province). I believe that most new graduates just don't want to move to another province for a job. Recruitment would be much easier if there was a vet school in BC.

We currently have 2 doctors (one of them is the owner) working full-time at the clinic and looking for another full-time doctor.

The salary/benefits package we offer is among the highest in the province.

We are in search of somebody who would be interested in a long-term career with us.

Does anyone know of any recruitment agencies that work in the veterinary field?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

We are a busy, small animal practice in a small town close to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a reliable, long-term veterinarian for our practice? (We prefer experienced doctors but new graduates are welcome.)

We have tried posting on the CVMA website, craigslist, indeed etc. We even contacted University of Saskatchewan vet school (there are no vet schools in our province). I believe that most new graduates just don't want to move to another province for a job. Recruitment would be much easier if there was a vet school in BC.

We currently have 2 doctors (one of them is the owner) working full-time at the clinic and looking for another full-time doctor.

The salary/benefits package we offer is among the highest in the province.

We are in search of somebody who would be interested in a long-term career with us.

Does anyone know of any recruitment agencies that work in the veterinary field?

I would consider posting on VIN and sending your ad to all Canadian vet schools. I went to AVC and we get job postings from US and other Canadian provinces through them.

Also place ads with the veterinary associations in each province; I know I see ads from various provinces on the OVMA website.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a possibility to bring in a veterinarian from the U.S.? The Vancouver location is beautiful, and it would seem likely that you would get interest, especially from grads with hometowns nearby, in Oregon or Washington.