This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsdent

Reaction score
I live in Indiana, so the tuition would be cheaper but I've been told that going to detroit mercy would be a lot more beneficial (in terms of the clinical program) and I would just be happier there. What is everyone else's opinion. I don't know the overall differences between the school aside from tuition.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got accepted into two dental schools, Indiana University and Detroit Mercy Dental. I live in Indiana, so the tuition would be a little cheaper but I've been told that going to detroit mercy would be a lot more beneficial and I would just be happier there. What is everyone else's opinion. I don't know the overall differences between the school aside from tuition.
why would anyone say that?

I got accepted into two dental schools, Indiana University and Detroit Mercy Dental. I live in Indiana, so the tuition would be a little cheaper but I've been told that going to detroit mercy would be a lot more beneficial and I would just be happier there. What is everyone else's opinion. I don't know the overall differences between the school aside from tuition.
how is it only a little cheaper?

I went to UDM for their hygiene program and recently accepted into Rosemans dental school. From what I saw, UDM offers an amazing clinical aspect when learning and practicing on patients. However, the school itself isn’t something I would have chosen even if the school is 20 min away from me because of all the drama and issues within the school itself. I also have friends that tell me the same thing. I would look at your in state school since it would be much cheaper at the end of the day. That’s why I didn’t want to apply to UDM because my experience wasn’t the best one there.