Indiana University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I agree. Sorry everyone. I didn't mean to be negative. I am just trying to be realistic. I've done this before :(. If you have another option and haven't heard anything from IU yet, I would go ahead and reserve your seat just to be sure.
yes

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to be realistic, you need to realize that this cycle is unlike any other. It's cool that you've done this before, but IU doesn't typically do post-December interviews. My February interview informational alone had 50 applicants in it. The class is not full yet, and we all were not just interviewing for a waitlist spot, so don't assume because you didn't get waitlisted that that means rejection.
100%.

Reactions: 1 user
Those that were waitlisted, were you given a specific timeline as to when you needed to let them know that you wanted to be included on the waitlist?

That’s not the vibe I get. I know this is nuts, but I can see them giving decisions Monday March 1st. Think about the timetable: You get 15 days to make the deposit. It would make sense to send acceptances March 1st instead of today. Had they sent acceptances today, the 15th day would’ve been a Saturday (not a business day). This would allow them to start pulling from the waitlist after March 15th.
I second this. However, it doesn’t make sense to make a waitlist and then now finalize and send out acceptances.

I like the level of discussion here, anyone want to take it to discord.

That’s not the vibe I get. I know this is nuts, but I can see them giving decisions Monday March 1st. Think about the timetable: You get 15 days to make the deposit. It would make sense to send acceptances March 1st instead of today. Had they sent acceptances today, the 15th day would’ve been a Saturday (not a business day). This would allow them to start pulling from the waitlist after March 15th.
My heart seconds this, but my brain leans toward what someone talked about the potential rejection... :(

My heart seconds this, but my brain leans toward what someone talked about the potential rejection... :(
Rejections only happen when u have a real real bad interview.

Was anybody rejected (silently) WITHOUT an interview? I haven’t seen one person say they haven’t had an interview. Did every applicant interview? Lol
I feel like if someone was rejected they wouldn’t bother to come to this thread. But who knows

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like if someone was rejected they wouldn’t bother to come to this thread. But who knows
True but at the same time in every other thread people announce they’ve been rejected. I get it if someone doesn’t want to say they did or not but I haven’t heard of a single person getting rejected here lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. Just came to keep you all encouraged during this time. Whether this is your first time or fourth time (like me) applying to dental school in general, PLEASE stay optimistic and positive. This cycle for me personally has taught me so much about patience, faith, and manifesting. Keep in mind that this cycle is the first full cycle that has had to deal with COVID and all of its restrictions. While I know it’s been said before, I’ll reiterate to be patient. YOU HAVENT BEEN REJECTED UNTIL THEY SAY NO! Please don’t assume the worst because you might just get the best. Realistically, if they do decide that they’re not ready for what you can offer them this year, figure out what you can do to give them what they need from you next year. If dentistry is your passion, you won’t give up. I’m playing the waiting game with all of you as this is the first cycle I’ve been waitlisted so I’m hopeful that we’ll be learning together! Stay encouraged!

Reactions: 10 users
I agree with that completely. This is a waiting game where everyone is getting in their head if they haven’t heard back and others have. However (I know everyone knows this) this is a very different year as we all have seen. We just keep waiting. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys think it's still possible to get accepted if you were interviewing back in November? After waiting for monthes and still not hearing a word, it seems that the waitlist or the rejection list is calling my name.

Do you guys think it's still possible to get accepted if you were interviewing back in November? After waiting for monthes and still not hearing a word, it seems that the waitlist or the rejection list is calling my name.
Anything is possible. Even a waitlist position means you could be on your way to an acceptance. They’ve been going slow this whole cycle as opposed to previous ones so I really think they’re closely looking at everyone to make decisions so you never really know

I feel like some of y’all wake up and choose negativity lol. If all they’ve done is send out waitlist emails, and only 52 of the 106 possible people are in the GroupMe, how do y’all equate that to rejection? Sure everyone isn’t in the GroupMe, but they clearly have plenty of spots to fill.
I second this! Yall wake up. Rise above the negativity. Dont assume that if ya didnt get Waitlisted means u get rejected. I am just like yall. I did not hear anything yet.

I feel like some of y’all wake up and choose negativity lol. If all they’ve done is send out waitlist emails, and only 52 of the 106 possible people are in the GroupMe, how do y’all equate that to rejection? Sure everyone isn’t in the GroupMe, but they clearly have plenty of spots to fill.
Honestly I think there is a really good chance your prediction is correct. Please keep us updated if you hear anything tomorrow and good luck!

Did you have a bad interview? Or think you did bad? If not, there’s no reason to think rejection.
I thought I had a good interview and I am an in-state applicant. But yeah I hear ya. I will try to remain optimistic.

Hey guys do u know if Dr. Joan Kowolik accepts letter of intent to show our interest in admittance to IU school of dentistry? I remember that she said that we are not required to send thank you letters to our interviewers? I know they are strict about the processes.

Hey guys do u know if Dr. Joan Kowolik accepts letter of intent to show our interest in admittance to IU school of dentistry? I remember that she said that we are not required to send thank you letters to our interviewers? I know they are strict about the processes.
I don’t think they like letters of intent. I could be wrong, but if you want maybe you could call to ask? I remember in my session Dr. Kowolik said they don’t like to be bothered after you interview

Ya'll hyped up yesterday for no reason, had me thinking i was gonna get an acceptance or something :rolleyes:

Hang in there! Don't get discouraged. I think letters of intent could be grouped into the extra emails that they probably would rather not receive. Dr. Kowolik did mention that those were not necessary.

Hang in there! Don't get discouraged. I think letters of intent could be grouped into the extra emails that they probably would rather not receive. Dr. Kowolik did mention that those were not necessary.
So can we send them???

Did you get a response to your email? I sent one too and I’m nervous they didn’t get it for some reason lol
following up on this, has anyone gotten a response back from IU about staying on the waitlist?

following up on this, has anyone gotten a response back from IU about staying on the waitlist?
I have not and my status still says invited for interview. Makes me scared that I sent it to the wrong email or something lol

No response as of yet. But I did reply directly to the waitlist email which included the email address we needed to send our responses to.

so does anyone know when the deposit is due for the individuals who got accepted in January?

I think they sent acceptances out, just no one reported it on here.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I think they sent acceptances out, just no one reported it on here.
This would be shocking given the stats of other applicants I attend school with who have not heard back. Has anyone been in contact with the admissions office recently? I emailed them about a general question over a month ago, but never received a response.

This would be shocking given the stats of other applicants I attend school with who have not heard back. Has anyone been in contact with the admissions office recently? I emailed them about a general question over a month ago, but never received a response.
they reply to like every email i send them