Indiana University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone actually been rejected here? And does the waitlist move a lot

I'm so confused too. Mine still says invited for an interview and I interviewed in October.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted today. OOS. Interviewed Feb 4th. Sent my email asking for me to remain on the waitlist

Waitlisted today. OOS. Interviewed Feb 4th. Sent my email asking for me to remain on the waitlist
Did you get a response to your email? I sent one too and I’m nervous they didn’t get it for some reason lol

Did you get a response to your email? I sent one too and I’m nervous they didn’t get it for some reason lol
Not yet lol. I’m not expecting one until a little later, but I sent mine this evening so they probably won’t see them until they come back to their offices lol

Reactions: 1 user
What I’m guessing is that everyone who didn’t get a waitlist email today is probably either accepted or rejected since a mix of both pre and post December people have gotten a waitlist email

I’ve done some research on the waitlist movement for IUSD. Historically, the waitlist has had. major movement. It has its most movement within the first 3 weeks of the email being sent out. This was the biggest clue I found after reviewing the past 6 years SDN acceptance threads.

Additionally, I noticed in previous threads that the verbiage is a big “tell” in the email. They have not ranked us yet, they mentioned that definitively. This means that they expect a huge chunk of us to be accepted. As time goes on, possibly by the end of March, those still left on the list will be ranked (not sure if this will be shared though).

In past threads it looks like the average waitlist was about 25 however I saw one year it was 40. Because of COVID I suspect our list is probably on the smaller side. Also the waitlist email we just got was traditionally sent out in December, no one was waitlisted this December though. Instead a few applications were told that a decision had not yet been made. So all this to give those that are waitlisted some hope.

Hang in there

Reactions: 4 users
Also the waitlist email we just got was traditionally sent out in December, no one was waitlisted this December though. Instead a few applications were told that a decision had not yet been made. So all this to give those that are waitlisted some hope.
I don’t think there was a single rejection given this cycle. If anything, it looks like they’re going to have a bigger waitlist this year compared to other years. I think this goes for many other dental schools. The biggest movement either already happened, or is going to happen in March.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure this means we're rejected. They haven't sent out rejections only acceptances and waitlist notifications. They take 60% in-state students. Waitlist barely moves for us and therefore waitlist is smaller. I am bummed that IU won't be more transparent with the process. Good luck everyone
Are u sure that means we are rejected?

No, I can't be sure, but look at the stats of the people who haven't heard anything versus the people who have. Also, take note of the amount of people who have received waitlist notifications...mostly OOS. OOS waitlist has a lot of movement since no one wants to pay $100K/year in tuition if they don't have to.
So does that mean we are accepted?

Please don’t be discouraged if you didn’t receive a waitlist email. they didn’t fill all of their seats on purpose because they wanted to interview more people in jan/feb if you didn’t get an email you still have a chance of being accepted. As far as the waitlist when should there be movement on it? I’m not sure if they just start accepting people one by one once people drop or not

At the end of the day, It’s out of our hands now! Don’t worry about something that hasn’t happened yet!