Interest in Starting Nonprofit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hommefatale

Reaction score
Hi y'all! I'm interested in starting a nonprofit that is able to deliver healthcare resources to a foreign country. Does anyone know the details on how to go about this/if this is possible? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm actually currently working under one of the medical schools that dropped out of USNews where I'm creating software to aid in surgical procedures in foreign countries. My point is you don't need to create a nonprofit to deliver healthcare resources. Finding a mentor can be tough, but you should also consider working on an independent project depending on your technical skillset.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi y'all! I'm interested in starting a nonprofit that is able to deliver healthcare resources to a foreign country. Does anyone know the details on how to go about this/if this is possible? Thanks!
If you want to set up a nonprofit that can accept tax deductible donations, you will need a lawyer and a CPA. If I were you, I would try to work through a nonprofit that is already established and ethical. The rigmarole of running nonprofits is considerable.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with above - is there a reason you don't want to work with an established organization?

Reactions: 1 user