Interesting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Splenda88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Deecee2DO did it cost you that much bro? Just wondering, you don't have to answer, but that guy just killed me with all the bad decisions he is making in life. Lol

Last edited:
This is the problem with students and Monopoly money. It’s all fun and games until you start paying it back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
@Deecee2DO did it cost you that much bro? Just wondering, you don't have to answer, but that guy just killed me with all the bad decisions he is making in life. Lol
Its expensive man. Its like 200K. Literally the worst decision anyone could make in a career choice is to go to chiropractic school unless your dad is the 1% of chiros and owns a huge multidisciplinary practice in a wealthy area and you basically take over his practice unless you have that kind of set up go to medical school or do something else. This is why I am busting my ass now so i don't have to do primary care. Yes I'll be in more debt than most of yall, but at least Ill be doing what I love and I can call myself a real doctor instead of living a lie. Thankfully I was fortunate enough to have help paying for chiro school (half of it) and all of my undergrad is paid in full. The only worse decision he made was not going to medical school. Most chiros make trash money and hes lucky to even make 100k which is what he said his salary was. He's capped for sure. Poor fella.

Reactions: 5 users
Its expensive man. Its like 200K. Literally the worst decision anyone could make in a career choice is to go to chiropractic school unless your dad is the 1% of chiros and owns a huge multidisciplinary practice in a wealthy area and you basically take over his practice unless you have that kind of set up go to medical school or do something else. This is why I am busting my ass now so i don't have to do primary care. Yes I'll be in more debt than most of yall, but at least Ill be doing what I love and I can call myself a real doctor instead of living a lie. Thankfully I was fortunate enough to have help paying for chiro school (half of it) and all of my undergrad is paid in full. The only worse decision he made was not going to medical school. Most chiros make trash money and hes lucky to even make 100k which is what he said his salary was. He's capped for sure. Poor fella.
Wow, that crazy man. Why would anyone pay that much to go the chiropractic school?
Anyway, what's funny is that he was like my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and she's cooking our 4th right now. And by the way we're moving across state line, and we're gonna buy a new house on a 100K salary. All that while being almost half a million in debt. I feel so sorry for the wife lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, that crazy man. Why would anyone pay that much to go the chiropractic school?
Anyway, what's funny is that he was like my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and she's cooking our 4th right now. And by the way we're moving across state line, and we're gonna buy a new house on a 100K salary. All that while being almost half a million in debt. I feel so sorry for the wife lol.

Haha these chiro school "reps" and admissions people are thieves. Its sad. When I was in chiro school we had a financial guy come in and tell us that were gonna be making like 250K per year and that loan dispensers love chiros because they are doctors and theyll pay it off. What a load of crap lol. They are not doctors and they wont pay it off.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

I honestly feel bad for him like seriously. tons of debt that he wont pay off till hes like 50 wife with cancer and has no idea how to manage money. Unreal. I actually still do part time chiro work while in med school for extra money and when the offices i work at refer to me as Dr i literally correct them because I know how ridiculously deficient a chiropractors knowledge is to even be close to being called doctor based on what I know now going through medical school. I tell all patients and office staff to call me by first name and I call all other chiros by their first name. Their training is nothing compared to what we go through. Nothing. They know how to adjust/manipulate/HVLA whatever it is and they know the musculoskeletal system well and thats it.

Last edited:
Dang bro...

Wage slavery is real. The peons just don't see the chains. He'll work for years and years... and never make a dime.

Dang bro...

Wage slavery is real. The peons just don't see the chains. He'll work for years and years... and never make a dime.

The same can be said for some of us. Many people in my class going into peds/FM with 300-400k in debt at the start of residency.

The same can be said for some of us. Many people in my class going into peds/FM with 300-400k in debt at the start of residency.

You can make good money in primary care and get out of that debt. A chiro will take decades to get out of that kind of debt if he ever does.

Reactions: 3 users
Not the same. You can definitely make good money in Peds/FM if you're willing to make some sacrifices . In fact, I met an FM just last week that makes over 500K a year.

I dont really think the same can be said in that you cant even really compare any medical doctor salary regardless of specialty to a chiropractor who is piss poor (70K per yr avg) at least those people will be making ~200K or more depending on location etc which is like 3x as much money. Some FM docs make good money (250-400 depending on location and services provided ie aesthetic stuff like botox etc)

Just need to hustle with locum gigs in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Alaska while living in rice and beans for a year to get out of that hole as a FM/Peds doc. Life sucks for a year only.

One year of pain in comparison to the min of 7 yr of bs in meds and residency is nothing in comparison.

I'm not sure what these geniuses are thinking. Is it that difficult to look at total COA for your degree and then look at median salaries and come to a reasonable conclusion?

As a general rule of thumb, a debt to salary ratio > (and arguably equal to) 2:1 is gonna lead to a bad time. Medicine is heading in that direction.

You can make good money in primary care and get out of that debt. A chiro will take decades to get out of that kind of debt if he ever does.
They dont get out of it. Its sad. My professors in chiro school were well into practice at 50 years old still paying off there loans and drivinf around in beat up hondas

• Sad
  • Wow
I think part of it is the barrier to entry. I did my post bacc at a chiropractic school and one of my classmates just gave them his transcript and was immediately accepted and started classes like a week later. I'm not sure if this was the same at your school @Deecee2DO

I think part of it is the barrier to entry. I did my post bacc at a chiropractic school and one of my classmates just gave them his transcript and was immediately accepted and started classes like a week later. I'm not sure if this was the same at your school @Deecee2DO
Lmao yeah that sounds about right. You could be a convicted felon and waltz right into class where I went. If youre elligible for loans you got a diploma waitin for you. Crazy part is only like 50% of the class i started with made it through straight without failing and having to repeat. Some kids take like 5 years to get through a 3 yr program. Its a real messed up system let me tell you. I can maybe say 1 or 2 other kids tops in my class that could have handled med school-one of them actually was accepted to okla state med and decided to do chiro bet hes mad he didnt take that opportunity now

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure what these geniuses are thinking. Is it that difficult to look at total COA for your degree and then look at median salaries and come to a reasonable conclusion?

As a general rule of thumb, a debt to salary ratio > (and arguably equal to) 2:1 is gonna lead to a bad time. Medicine is heading in that direction.
I would say no greater than 1.5:1.0. 2:1 you are pushing it in my opinion.