This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denture base maker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:
As an international applicant, and I have 80 hrs shadowing a general dentist in my own country (I mentioned my international shadowing hours as 60hrs for another question,but I finally found the page of my hour record, it is 80 not 60). I only have 100~hrs(general, endo, oral surgeon) in the U.S. Will my international shadowing hour be counted into the total shadowing? If it counts, I will have total 180hrs shadowing.

Members don't see this ad.

100 hours by itself is more than enough.

I have 40 hours international hours and 120 in US. I'm sure they'll count them together as 160 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
They do count international shadowing hours? :confused::confused:

I assume they do. But you should have US Hours a well especially if you're at shcool in the US

Some schools specifically state that they do not accept international shadowing hours and will only look at U.S. - based hours.

Some schools specifically state that they do not accept international shadowing hours and will only look at U.S. - based hours.
I actually do remember reading that. I have some international hours but I made sure majority were US.
It sucks for internationals from college overseas cause they can't shadow US dentists

I actually do remember reading that. I have some international hours but I made sure majority were US.
It sucks for internationals from college overseas cause they can't shadow US dentists

Either way, you're killing the interview game. ;)