Regen

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a freshman at a University in Texas taking Kinesiology as a major. Going through posts in different forums and realized that PT schools are almost the same cost of Med schools here in Texas.
So here are some things I would like to be advised on,
- Is gaining admission to the few med schools that accept international students financially worth it?
- If not, should I just focus on going to PT school after my bachelors?
- I also have the option of going to the Philippines (Home country) but I want to work in the US.
- Or if all fails, should I just consider other careers in the Healthcare industry.

I know the differences between the professions (My sister is a physician who studied in the Philippines)
I do have a passion to help people, that's why I have to choose between MD or PT.

I may be overthinking my situation but I would like to have an idea on what to do with my life.
I will also shadow both professions during summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I think after you shadow in the summer, the answer will be clear whether you should choose PT or Med. Good luck with your choice!

If you truly want to be a physician, they you should have absolutely no doubt about it, and shouldn't even consider going the PT route. It sounds as though you're conflicted and don't really know if you want to be a physician or not. If you don't have a burning passion, then I would find another health related career as becoming a physician will require more time and effort than PT/any other health related career.