Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vforshort

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I'm going to my first interview at Shenandoah in a few weeks. Do you have any advice? Tips? I'm excited but pretty nervous since I'm going to be flying across the country for it. I know each school has its own way of running interviews but any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations and I hope you have a safe flight! So far I have been to four interviews and the main tip I can give is to be yourself. Don't try to be anyone else or try to answer questions in the way that you "think" they want you to. You should be able to use your past experiences in life to answer all types of questions. I recommend reflecting on your past and digging deep to pull out the moments in your life that serve as examples for who you are and what you represent. Best of luck

Yeah, definitely just be yourself. I just had my first interview with Temple on Friday and I feel like it went well. It was basically just a conversation. The best advice I have is if you know yourself and what you wanna do and why, you should have no problem answering anything that they try to throw at you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely just be yourself. I just had my first interview with Temple on Friday and I feel like it went well. It was basically just a conversation. The best advice I have is if you know yourself and what you wanna do and why, you should have no problem answering anything that they try to throw at you.

Did you hear back yet? I interviewed on the same date and I am still waiting.

This is kind of unrelated to Shenandoah specifically, but I was wondering if most people bring parents with them to their interviews? I have my first interview this Friday and was not told whether or not guests are allowed.

This is kind of unrelated to Shenandoah specifically, but I was wondering if most people bring parents with them to their interviews? I have my first interview this Friday and was not told whether or not guests are allowed.
Don't. You're an adult. While it would be supportive for them to come, I don't think it's very professional. You wouldn't take your parents to a job interview. However, if they drive you there and want to wait outside, that's ok. But don't actually bring them with you inside. Nobody brings their parents, it's just not professional, you want to make a good impression. If they are interested in learning more about the program, they are always welcome to go to an open house.