Interview Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raymadeyourday

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was persuing through Border's just the other day and I read through some books that contained interview-type questions and answers. Does anyone know of a good book(s) that could be used as a reference to prepare for pharmacy school interviews? I am completely aware that we should respond with answers of our own that aren't repeated verbatim from memory. I would just like to read through something so that I know what NOT to say and to maybe develop on ideas I already have. There are tons of interview preparation books for business type jobs, but none for pharm/med/etc. school. Thanks guys!

Oh, I've seen UCSFpharmgirl8's post, and it's just terrific. For those who have not seen it-->
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=94738

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't waste my time reading a book. I would do more work on knowing everything that I put down on my application, inside and out. I would also know everything that I could find out about the school that I am interviewing at. I would also look up on google behavior based questions and have answers for those types of questions, since they seem to get asked. Good Luck.

Ask a friend to give you a mock interview and tape it.
You may discover things you didn't know you do when you talk,
like fidgeting or saying mmm too often.
And you'll get tons of laughs!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the quick replys. I sincerely appreciate the time you guys spend on this forum to help confused people like myself. My greatest fear is just being stumped on a personality or scenario type question that I simply have no answer to. Sometimes the interviewers may ask a very vague question... I was told by one friend who interviewed for UOP a few months back of a question something along these lines: Have you ever been in a situation where you had to resolve an issue between people? How did you solve this?

First and foremost, I don't usually have a vivid memory of all the conflicts I've resolved, so this one would have most likely totally thrown me off. Does anyone know of any good questions that an interviewer could ask? Thanks!

The biggest thing that helped me for preparing for my interviews was to visit the interview forum here at SDN, find the school where I had my interview, print out those questions, and think of every possible answer I could give, that way, you will never get stumped if you are prepared for any curveball they throw at you. In each school, I went to 3, they did not ask any question that was not on the SDN forum.

Hope that helps. Good Luck! :thumbup:

raymadeyourday said:
Thanks for the quick replys. I sincerely appreciate the time you guys spend on this forum to help confused people like myself. My greatest fear is just being stumped on a personality or scenario type question that I simply have no answer to. Sometimes the interviewers may ask a very vague question... I was told by one friend who interviewed for UOP a few months back of a question something along these lines: Have you ever been in a situation where you had to resolve an issue between people? How did you solve this?

First and foremost, I don't usually have a vivid memory of all the conflicts I've resolved, so this one would have most likely totally thrown me off. Does anyone know of any good questions that an interviewer could ask? Thanks!

it generally a good idea to preepare for this experience. you have 20-30 to make a good first impression.

For instance if they ask you to tell them about yourself, you better be prepared to give them a succinct answer that conveys your strengths and what brought you to pharmacy. Most people babble on about how they were born in Indiana and their major. It is not effective and a waste of time.

If you are looking for a book that has answers to all sorts of interview questions check out a book entitled "the Complete Q&A interview answer book" you should be able to find it a borders. not that you should use the answers in that book, but it will go a long way in helping you construct answers that will make shine in your interview.

Whaterver you learn about interviewing, you will carry for the rest of your life, into all the future interviews for a job.

Be yourself. Be confident. People need you in this profession, because you are willing to work hard and put yourself through all this trouble.
Good Luck :luck: