You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview Questions: “Tell me about a time...”
Started by zelman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When you made a mistake
When you had an angry customer
When you were threatened
When you delivered great service
When you had an angry customer
When you were threatened
When you delivered great service
Had to work in a team to achieve a goal
Had difficulty communicating
Had a difficult choice to make
Had difficulty communicating
Had a difficult choice to make
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And good luck or condolences as you prefer. And Doukas is now done.
I find these questions stupid. As a PIC myself on interviews, I just get to know them for a brief bit and then tell them more about the position and see if it is really something they are interested in doing.
Tell me about a time when you were tricked into committing to something long term and how you dealt with it.
This may not reach you in time, but if you have more interviews lined up..
I recommend a different approach than memorizing all the potential questions they could ask.
Focus on 5 power stories that outline all your strengths and skills.
Use these to answer the relevant questions during the interview.
If they don't ask a question that enables you to use a power story, weave it into the conversation.
"By the way, I think I'd be the best candidate because.."
Good luck and godspeed.
thecorporatepharmd.com
I recommend a different approach than memorizing all the potential questions they could ask.
Focus on 5 power stories that outline all your strengths and skills.
Use these to answer the relevant questions during the interview.
If they don't ask a question that enables you to use a power story, weave it into the conversation.
"By the way, I think I'd be the best candidate because.."
Good luck and godspeed.
5 Interview Answers Every Executive Pharmacist Must Have – The Corporate PharmD
We’ve all been in the applicant hot seat before. Sweaty palms, stuttering, cracking voices, and nervous ticks. Applying for a new job, position, or career never fails to cause anxietyRead More 5 Interview Answers Every Executive Pharmacist Must Have
I can code better than I can remember particular applicable incidences.If you think those interviews our tough, you don't want to be in a coding interview.
I find these questions futile. How can you even tell if the interviewee is even telling the truth? Lol
Regardless of setting (inpatient/outpatient), I've found that "Tell us about a time you delivered coaching to a technician" is a pretty common one.
I could crush this one!
How about "Tell me about a time when you paid 200 grand for something and were left with nothing to show for it..." I hear they are using that question a lot because your response shows if you are truly ready to enter pharmacy.
There are many variations to that question such as:How about "Tell me about a time when you paid 200 grand for something and were left with nothing to show for it..." I hear they are using that question a lot because your response shows if you are truly ready to enter pharmacy.
“Tell me about a time when your boss told you to get him coffee and you didn’t know his preferences. Did you put sugar or cream in it and why?”
“Tell me about a time when it was snowing and you counted the snowflakes. Did you get to 15,000 and what reflections did you have when sizing up the total number of snowflakes raining down from above?”
“Tell me about a time when you had to step on others’ throats to get a commodity that everyone desired.”
“Tell me about a time when a customer got angry at you because you didn’t ask him if he wanted fries with his burger. How did you resolve the situation?”
“Tell me about a time when nobody was willing to validate/recognize your credentials and you felt as if you were having an identity crisis. How did you deal with that?”
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait!!! I've got a couple more! These are skewed towards retail-
Tell me about the last time you were asked to kiss a member of management's ass and did you smile/enjoy the experience?
Tell me about the last time you were treated like **** by a manager and did you say "please sir may I have another?"
Tell me about the last time your intelligence was insulted by a member of management telling you how to be a pharmacist and how you handled it?"
Tell me about the last time you were asked to kiss a member of management's ass and did you smile/enjoy the experience?
Tell me about the last time you were treated like **** by a manager and did you say "please sir may I have another?"
Tell me about the last time your intelligence was insulted by a member of management telling you how to be a pharmacist and how you handled it?"
If you answer the above questions correctly, you are instantly put into a CVS/ Walgreens database for future reference.
I can code better than I can remember particular applicable incidences.
Man, I know what you mean. I'm a forward thinker (or something), once a day is gone, it's out of mind, I can't remember stuff about to answer all those kinds of "tell me about" questions.
I'm looking through a question list from a recruiter now and there are some ridiculous questions no actual manager of people doing real work would ever ask. I have interviewed dozens of people and never have I considered some of these questions to be informative.
So, if you were a vegetable, what kind would you be?I'm looking through a question list from a recruiter now and there are some ridiculous questions no actual manager of people doing real work would ever ask. I have interviewed dozens of people and never have I considered some of these questions to be informative.
At least you're not like me. I bomb on interviews where people say "hey you should interview for this job!". I've lost out on some really good opportunities because someone told me that and I guess I went on autopilot during the interview. That's gotta be personally embarrassing for that person, right? You recommend someone for a job position and they absolutely bomb? I'm like the bad boy of pharmacy.
At least you're not like me. I bomb on interviews where people say "hey you should interview for this job!". I've lost out on some really good opportunities because someone told me that and I guess I went on autopilot during the interview. That's gotta be personally embarrassing for that person, right? You recommend someone for a job position and they absolutely bomb? I'm like the bad boy of pharmacy.
You can’t beat me:
Q: "How did you react when you got that C?" (Lowest grade on my transcript)
A: "I was happy because technically I should have failed the class."
*facepalm*
So, if you were a vegetable, what kind would you be?
I would be a cucumber, so I could tell the interviewer to shove the questions up his...
Cucumber is a fruit. You have failed the interview.I would be a cucumber, so I could tell the interviewer to shove the questions up his...
my favorite I have heard "Tell me about a time you broke the rules" depending on how you answer, you can tank the interview right htere
I could crush this one!
by making them cry
by making them cry
The interviewer? That would be good even for me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my favorite I have heard "Tell me about a time you broke the rules" depending on how you answer, you can tank the interview right htere
What are some of the good answers for that?
something to the effect that you did the best thing for the patient in the middle of the night that normally should require calling a manager but you knew the right answer and didn't want to wake them but let them know first thing in the AMWhat are some of the good answers for that?
Murdered an interviewer who didn’t give me a job.What are some of the good answers for that?
Rats! And all this time I thought I enjoyed eating vegetables!!!Cucumber is a fruit. You have failed the interview.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 536
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K