This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

likeashadowinthenight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a school just sent me an email that i've been selected for an interview and they told me to choose a date. I was surprised to see how quickly the dates filled up. I did see the email a bit late, approximately 24 hours after they sent it and they only do interviews once a week so I ended up having my interview scheduled for November even though the email had dates as early as this week available. Am I at a disadvantage? This is a school I really wanna go to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as it's pre dec it's all fair game.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school.

Before Dec. 1, schools like UConn & Columbia have weekly meetings of the admissions committee where they decide on candidates who interviewed the previous week.

Logically, there will be fewer acceptances available in November than September at these schools since they've already committed a few acceptances.

Other schools like Mich make a decision on all pre-Dec applicants together AFTER the final interviews pre-Dec are completed.

For these schools, an applicant interviewing in September would stand the same chance as one interviewing in November since no acceptances have been committed prior to the November applicant's interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm I figured as much; that is unfortunate. But in a stroke of luck they fit me in for an October interview. Hopefully things pan out. I feel like I don't really have too strong of a chance since my DAT was off their average by 1 point ha. But I'll still try regardless.

Hmm I figured as much; that is unfortunate. But in a stroke of luck they fit me in for an October interview. Hopefully things pan out. I feel like I don't really have too strong of a chance since my DAT was off their average by 1 point ha. But I'll still try regardless.

You might be fine- just call the admissions office and ask if the admissions committee meets weekly for Pre-Dec interviews or if it meets once after all Pre-Dec interviews are done.

If it is the second one, then you're fine!