QuothTheRaven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2003
Happy Land
Status
quick question. what two months are interviews generally conducted in? i'm planning my 4th year schedule for next year and was wondering if Decemeber and January are good months to take off.

Vince

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2001
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
yep

trouta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was wondering the same thing as well. Some of the people at my school that were applying were getting offers from mid to late November all the way through late January.

Vince

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2001
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I guess I should have given a longer answer...

If you can pick two months for vacation, then take December and January off.....that's the peak of interviews. Some programs do start interviewing in mid-November, so just make sure that that month you are on a rotation where you could take a day or two off....and schedule your local interviews then if possible.

If you are a DO student, most programs start interviewing in early November and even Mid-October....so take November and December off.

I took December off for my vacation month and was able to do the Clinical Skills exam and interview a few places. November was a research elective for me so that gave me flexibility with my schedule....and I did Emergency Medicine in January so I was able to switch a couple shifts and do my local interviews then.

Good Luck!!!!

Come on MONDAY!!!!