This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shumax

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a high school senior. I recently got an interview for the VCU Guaranteed Dental program. Are the interviews for these programs different than the interviews for dental school? Do you guys have any tips specific to the BS/DDS interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a high school senior. I recently got an interview for the VCU Guaranteed Dental program. Are the interviews for these programs different than the interviews for dental school? Do you guys have any tips specific to the BS/DDS interview?

You probably just better give off a highly mature vibe and be very convincing that first of all you’ll succeed at a high rate in undergrad and secondly that you’ve actually looked into dentistry through shadowing and volunteering. For example don’t talk about you AP classes and your high school workload, trust me it’s a joke in comparison to what’s coming. Instead recognize that you have difficult challenges coming your way but your excited and have prepared for those challenges

Reactions: 1 users
I did a combined degree program. I would not recommend it if you are at all interested in enjoying the college experience. Your schedule is heavy with science and math, which means a lot of studying. I took a minimum of 18 credits each semester from freshman year on. And it only gets tougher in dental school. There was no one to tell me I could probably go the traditional route and have more choices. If you are one of those people who will move along with the program, not question too much, and not mind studying while all of your friends are tailgating at the Saturday game, then go for it. If you have a photographic memory, need less time than everyone else to study and still make high grades, then consider all of you options and not just dentistry....you will probably be successful at whatever you put your mind to, and there are a lot of choices.

Reactions: 1 users