Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've just had one new interview offer since Dean's Letters were sent out. Is this somewhat typical- that residencies offer their "first round" before the Dean's Letter and the interviews trickle in after that? If not, when do interviews usually trickle off for most candidates?

Members don't see this ad.

Highland gave me the heisman, but I just received some cali-love from Loma Linda. :)

Duke and Northwestern today by email.

Now:

MetroHealth
Detroit Receiving
Grace-Sinai
Univ of Michigan
Univ of Chicago
Brown
Wash U
Vandy
Brigham/Mass Gen
Beth Israel Deconess
LSU Charity
Yale
Cincinatti
Pitt
Boston Med
MLK

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks EMapp, I didn't think we would get any more interviews tonight, but you made m check my email. Seems like someone at loma linda is working late tonight.

I got the shaft from Northwestern and Maine the other day......they basically told me to eat it.

But on the other hand, got the go-ahead from Wake Forest, Michigan, and Duke.

So far:

Orlando Regional
USF
Vanderbilt
Yale
Brown
Medical College of Georgia
University of Kentucky
East Carolina
Wake Forest
Duke
Palmetto-USC
Michigan

Denver keeps calling me and is trying to get me to sign outside of the match. They say that they will do whatever is necessary, as long as I come on board. I wish that they would leave me alone. Annoying.......don't they know that I have some big interviews lined up overseas?

Uncle Rico said:
Denver keeps calling me and is trying to get me to sign outside of the match. They say that they will do whatever is necessary, as long as I come on board. I wish that they would leave me alone. Annoying.......don't they know that I have some big interviews lined up overseas?

Damn Uncle Rico! Same thing keeps on happening to me from the residency program at Hollywood Upstairs Medical College! I think I may take them up on their offer.

So far:
Hollywood Upstairs Medical College
Afghanistan Kabul Clinic
Fallujah General Hospital
North Korea Pyongyang Nuclear Hospital
Tehran Regional Medical Center

Waiting on:
The Avon Institute

Stanford tonight. Let's hear it for the 6p-2a shift keeping me awake to check email...

So far:
BIDMC
BW/MGH
UMD
UVA
UCI
Christiana Care
Pitt
Indiana (Peds/EM)
UC-D
OHSU
Stanford

jonahhelix said:
Stanford tonight. Let's hear it for the 6p-2a shift keeping me awake to check email...

Awesome! :D

KevinEM-It's tough my man, but we need to stay the course....just stay the course.

Uncle Rico said:
KevinEM-It's tough my man, but we need to stay the course....just stay the course.

Hey guys: hear anything about the program at Fallujah Regional? I heard the program is currently exploding onto the scene.

Hopkins this morning by email!!!

Actually I got invited twice, I guess there was a problem with eras so two interview invited were emailed to some people...I'm not complaining though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, more interviews for those interested...

So far:

Yale
Christiana Care
St. Luke's PA
Stony Brook
Orlando
Morristown-Atlantic Health
LIJ

Rejected by Maine

Indiana University just right now.

Yesterday University of Rochester along with Case Western.

Good luck everyone.

:luck:

I noticed that Utah has interviews that start Monday the 8th and I was just wondering if anyone has received an interveiw from them. Haven't heard much bragging about getting an interview there yet.

As luck would have it...I received another interview, right after I thought things were slowing down for me. Indiana just an hour ago. Luckily enough, I got the last interview slot. They'd scheduled 50 in the last hour according to their coordinator!

Lucky #7? Bound to match, right?

Regions
Sparrow
Kalamazoo
Spectrum
Peoria
Indiana
Duke

LAC-USC today by snail mail and NYU by e-mail today! That makes 20 and it is definitely time to start making some cuts here.

Invites so far:
:)
Univ Michigan
Wash U
UIC
Christ
Univ Chicago
UPenn
OHSU
Yale
UT-Southwestern
Loma Linda
USC
NYU
Mount Sinai
NY Presby
SUNY-Downstate
St.Lukes-Roosevelt
LIJ
BIDMC
Brigham
Boston Medical Center

Rejections: :(
Highland

lucky me was washing out a nasty wound w/ the pulsavac when my indiana invite showed up - i'm the 4th waiting list person :thumbdown: i had even found a 3-way flight w/ chicago for $250 to do one of the dates. oh well.

AMBinNC said:
lucky me was washing out a nasty wound w/ the pulsavac when my indiana invite showed up - i'm the 4th waiting list person :thumbdown: i had even found a 3-way flight w/ chicago for $250 to do one of the dates. oh well.

Don't sweat it, I bet those waiting lists move pretty quickly - even at a great program like Indiana.

Indiana by email just now. Please allow me to keep y'all company on the waiting list. Man, that went fast.

po' boy said:
UCLA-Harbor

nice! i really want that one too. :thumbup:

perhaps you could put in a good word during your interview? ;)

Add me to that Indiana waiting list. Damn those went fast!

just heard from:
berkeley
princeton
mit
jayz school of hard knocks
george w bush school of medicine, baghdad :eek:

WilcoWorld said:
Add me to that Indiana waiting list. Damn those went fast!

At least you got on the wait list I got this:

We regret to inform you that we will be unable to extend an interview to you
at the Indiana University EM program. This stems from the overwhelming
applicant pool we experienced this year, and our inability to accommodate
interview space for so many qualified applicants. We apologize that we are
unable to expand the number of interview slots as we know that many qualified
applicants such as you are affected.

We wish to thank you for your interest in our residency, and wish you well in
your interview season and career.

Carey Chisholm
Program Director, Indiana University EM Residency

Oh well that seems to be the way things have been going lately. :(

Rejections so far:
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Summa Health System
University of Texas at Houston
Texas Tech University (El Paso)
Eastern Virginia Medical School
McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Indiana University School of Medicine
University of Connecticut
UT Southwestern (IM)

OHSU and BIDMC today..

And an email from Presby stating that since I have only 2 letters of rec currently in (waiting on too..badgering the authors..) my application is not complete & that they will not consider apps until they are complete. Damn, I figured this was probably going on without having all of my LOR's in, but seeing it in email just sends it home -- any suggestions? Camp out on some front lawns maybe...

VCU today, UCONN and UTSW earlier this week. I have actually gotten more rejections this week than interviews. :( Got the choke slam from EVMS the day after I talked to their program director about visiting Norfolk while he was lecturing at VCU.
So far:
St. Lukes-PA
ECU
UMD
Utah-They interview on Mondays and Fridays, stay for the weekend. Snowbird already has a 58" base. I am interviewing Dec. 10th PM me you are there that weekend.
USF
SUNY-Syracuse
Illinois-Peroria

Hmmm, I've got a buddy in Utah. Maybe I should apply.

Just kidding ;) , I wouldn't take up a spot like that.

However, certain folks who have too many interviews (>15 in my opinion) should really start saying "no thanks" for the sake of those who are getting ready to enter panic mode :scared: . (not me personally, I'm at a comfortable 11 right now.)

In other news; "Move the pannus aside" just shot straight to the top of my least favorite phrase list

four interviews today! (ui peoria, medical college of wisconsin, uic, and sinai grace)

so far:
Cook county
lincoln bronx
thomas jefferson
ucsf-fresno
detroit receiving
st johns
sinai grace
ui peoria
medical college of wisconsin
uic
res

still waiting for emory and any cali love

rejected from boston and highland.

Cinci
MCW
Indiana
NW
UI Chicago
Ohio State
Ressurection
Peoria
EVMS
Akron Gen.
Summa Akron
Synergy
Grand Rapids
Louisville
UK
Houston
Vanderbilt
UAB
Loma Linda
Palmetto
Toledo
Allegheny
Ark
Hennepin
Mayo
Regions

A couple others... cant keep track any more...

Good luck to all!

norgeringerike said:
Cinci
MCW
Indiana
NW
UI Chicago
Ohio State
Ressurection
Peoria
EVMS
Akron Gen.
Summa Akron
Synergy
Grand Rapids
Louisville
UK
Houston
Vanderbilt
UAB
Loma Linda
Palmetto
Toledo
Allegheny
Ark
Hennepin
Mayo
Regions

Good luck to all!
That's an insane number of interviews. Do you plan to interview at all those? I feel sorry for people who are wanting to interview at a program that is low on your list.

southerndoc said:
That's an insane number of interviews. Do you plan to interview at all those? I feel sorry for people who are wanting to interview at a program that is low on your list.

Ditto. That's quite inconsiderate.

P.S.: I appologize in advance if you're only posting offers, not actual scheduled interviews & you've already sent your regrets to about half of those programs.

norgeringerike said:
Cinci
MCW
Indiana
NW
UI Chicago
Ohio State
Ressurection
Peoria
EVMS
Akron Gen.
Summa Akron
Synergy
Grand Rapids
Louisville
UK
Houston
Vanderbilt
UAB
Loma Linda
Palmetto
Toledo
Allegheny
Ark
Hennepin
Mayo
Regions

Good luck to all!

Wow, your interview list is longer than my applied to list. Have you had to push back your graduation in order to do all those interviews? :laugh:

Stanford this evening by email.

I thought only programs east of the Mississippi were interested in me.

Fresno- Monday
Highland and Loma Linda- Thursday
....many more to go.

i'll be meeting with my advisor early next week to figure out which programs to decline. he wants me to cut about 10 at this point, so hopefully those interviews can be used by someone else out there. :thumbup:

good luck all! :luck:

Just got an unusual (on a Saturday) invite from Beaumont by email.

Now Virginia late Sat. night, why are all these people working this weekend. Seems odd that they would meet on a Sat.

EM-DoctorJ said:
Just got an unusual (on a Saturday) invite from Beaumont by email.

Now Virginia late Sat. night, why are all these people working this weekend. Seems odd that they would meet on a Sat.

Got Virginia too. Also got a weird email from BIDMC saying they were reviewing apps and they usually didn't look at them until after Nov 1 but I see that a number of you received offers much earlier than that.

George Washington University by e-mail this AM.

Not surprised but a little bummed.

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for submitting an application to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency. We have received many competitive applications and regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer you an interview at this time.

We wish you the best of luck in your search.

Anybody get this email that they were talking about. I got this one but not the message before it. Just wondering if they we meaning to reject or give interviews.

If you received an email message sent 11/08/2004 at 01:22:21 from the
University of FL, Department of Emergency Medicine, this message was sent in
error. Please check your email for further information and instructions.

Specific information will be sent in additional emails.

Thank You

sigep628 said:
Anybody get this email that they were talking about. I got this one but not the message before it. Just wondering if they we meaning to reject or give interviews.

If you received an email message sent 11/08/2004 at 01:22:21 from the
University of FL, Department of Emergency Medicine, this message was sent in
error. Please check your email for further information and instructions.

Specific information will be sent in additional emails.

Thank You

Yeah, I got that e-mail, too. Add Emory to my list as well.

Hercules said:
Yeah, I got that e-mail, too. Add Emory to my list as well.

Did you get the previous email? I didn't really understand.

:eek: just got denied from UC Irvine. Looks like they sent it out to a bunch of people based on the number of addresses on the list. Guess i'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the CA schools

las olas said:
:eek: just got denied from UC Irvine. Looks like they sent it out to a bunch of people based on the number of addresses on the list. Guess i'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the CA schools

They just sent out another email saying we should disregard the denial and that this was just a practice email. I wonder how many people off the original email get interviews. My guess is zero.

WakeMedHeel said:
They just sent out another email saying we should disregard the denial and that this was just a practice email. I wonder how many people off the original email get interviews. My guess is zero.

You gotta be kiddin' me??? They really retracted a mass rejection letter? Sounds like somebody needs to invest in a new residency coordinator!