interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
heard from yale primary care today. no word from categorical though.

Members don't see this ad.

Future GI Guy,
If Hopkins is one of your "Big 4" then don't worry, we won't hear from them until next week. Their website specifically states that they will review all applications the week of Nov 4 and send out responses the week of Nov 11. Of course, Nov 11 is a holiday, so that just adds another day to the waiting!

Who knows what is going on in Boston!:confused:

Cambridge Health Alliance (Harvard primary care)

Anyone know anything about this place? Is it a joke or what? They have awful IM board pass rates!!! What's the deal?

Members don't see this ad :)
i know people that have gotten interviews from the boston schools and johns hopkins.

categorical medicine programs seem to send out rolling interviews... i did hear from BU last week, waiting to hear from Brigham and Women and Tufts in the Boston area. also, did hear from Georgetown today. waiting on Johns Hopkins... anyone get any rejections from JH or Harvard?

yeah, heard from Harvard, Yale, UMich, Stanford, Duke, Mass Gen, CCF, Hopkins and Mayo only. don't know why the others are waiting so far.

sorry, sorry, juuuuuust trying to break the tension. i'm not applying into IM. good luck, guys! stay strong! :clap: just a few more days and we will have heard from all of them...good or bad, at least the wait will be over. then starts another game.

gwen
:laugh:

Are you trying to give all the gunners chest pain, girl? :laugh:

Alright, I'm new to all of this, but this particular message post seems really helpful as I'm also applying to internal medicine - mainly throughout California, DC/Maryland and NC.

So far, the California programs invites have been from (in chronological order)

before 11/1: UCI, USC, UCLA-Harbor

after 11/1: Kaiser Permanente LA (Sunset), UC Davis (11/6), UCLA-Olive View (11/6), and Stanford (11/6), Cedars Sinai (11/7).

Have not heard from UCSD, UCLA, or UCSF. Don't even know if I will...

From the MD/DC programs, got invites from Univ Maryland, JH-Mt. Sinai, George Washington, Georgetown (11/6), JH Bayview (11/6). Have not heard from Johns Hopkins Main.

From NC, got invites from Carolinas Med, UNC CH (11/4) , and Duke (11/7).

Oh, also Univ Arizona sometime before 11/1.

Would like to know if anyone has heard from UCSD, UCLA, UCSF.

Thanks.

I just registered today so I thought I would give everyone my list.
Interviews received:

Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals
Univ. of Conn.
Brown
Baystate Medical Center(Springfield, Mass)
Dartmouth Hitchcock
Univ. of Vermont
Albany Medical Center
Maine Medical Center
Tufts (New England Medical Center)
Univ. of Michigan
Lahey Clinic
Vanderbilt
Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Still waiting for:
Mass. General
Beth Israel
BW & C
Yale
UVA

Just in case you wanted to know.

Interviews received: :D
Pitt
G'Town
Emory
Jefferson
Wake Forest
Michigan
UNC

Still waiting on: :pity:
Vandy
N'Western
Penn
WashU
UVA
Baylor
UCSD

i've heard from some but not all programs in new york and boston and was thinking about writing the programs i haven't heard from to tell them i'll be in the area just so i don't have to make more than one trip.

is this too soon after nov 1 to do that? i don't want to be pushy because i know some programs just started reviewing applications, but i also want to save money and figure out my traveling schedule. what do you guys think?

Is UMich sending interview invitations by email or snailmail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan is sending its interview requests via e-mail.

My Michigan invite came by regular mail (last month).

Anyone experiencing a slow-down with the number of invites coming in? I got five invites before nov 1, and only 2 responses (both rejections from Duke and UNC) since then.

The tally so far:

Invites 5 (Mayo, CCF, St Lou U, Rush, Henry Ford)
Waiting on a crapload including U Mich, Wash U, U Penn, Pitt, G'Town, Emory, Miami, Northwestern, UW Madison

email for interview from georgetown today, my first one since Dean's letter.

no news from anybody i have been hoping to hear from (upenn, yale, cornell etc.)

I understand that what suites one person won't necessarily suit another, but I would like to hear comments on how you guys would rank the following 3 programs:

Boston University
Cleveland Clinic
Henry Ford

I was offered an interview, but on a specific date. Is this the way Mt Sinai does it for everyone, or is it late in the game for their interview notification process?

Banana wrote:

I was offered an interview, but on a specific date. Is this the way Mt Sinai does it for everyone, or is it late in the game for their interview notification process?

I got an interview offer from Mt. Sinai as well that offerred it to me on a specific date. But i just called them up and asked if I could change it. From what the secretary said, it didn't look like there were that many spaces available, so maybe its late in the game. i dunno...

good luck!

Just got an invite from Duke this morning.... The first real interview post Dean's letter :)

Northwestern. Still waiting on UChicago, Brigham&Women, Johns Hopkins, UCSF and UCSD

Has anyone heard from Columbia, UCLA, or Brigham yet.... if not, what's the deal!

:)

Rigo...
I have heard from Columbia, but I am also a student there so it is a little different...I am also still waiting on UCLA and the Brigham. It seems as though we have likely applied to many of the same places. Good luck, I have my first interview this friday at CCF.
Later,
JB

UCSD just sent out invitation.

JB, let us know how your CCF inteview goes. Best of luck.

Originally posted by jlb102
Rigo...
I have heard from Columbia, but I am also a student there so it is a little different...I am also still waiting on UCLA and the Brigham. It seems as though we have likely applied to many of the same places. Good luck, I have my first interview this friday at CCF.
Later,
JB

Thanks for the info JB. Good luck at CCF!!:cool:

Hey scaredapplicant,

I am waiting on Northwestern. Since you received an invite, do you mind pm me your stats.

Just got an invite from Baylor, breaking a long dry spell for me. Keep the faith.

I finally heard from Boston University, I was surprised to took so long. Still waiting on MGH, BW&C, BI and Yale.

The bastards at Baylor sent my wife the nastiest rejection letter. Arrogant SOB's!

Yale

Just wondering...
What did the rejection from baylor say?

Hey Katz,

Did you hear from Yale via email or snailmail?

Thanks in advance.

yale sent an e-mail

Baylor's rejection email:

"Review of your application materials by our Level I Selection Committee indicates that your chances of acceptance into our program appear to be quite low. An interview is unlikely to be productive in securing a residency position in our Program."

That is...

Awwwwful!!!

Snotty bastards! :laugh:

I love this forum.....

You guys keep me laughing, even at times of disappointments.

Yep, that's pretty much what Baylor had to say. Arrogant to the core!:mad:

Brigham & Women just sent out invitation

Was the Brigham and Women's invitation by e-mail?

yes, this morning.

At top 15 med school, as ranked by US News in the bottom quarter

Nat'l Avg Step I scores

Interviews at:
UC Irvine
Cedars-Sinai
USC

It's great to see where people are getting interviews...

Invites
Mayo
UMich
UChicago
UPitt
Northwestern
NYU/Bellevue
Rush-St.Lukes Presb
Case Western
Georgetown
USC

Rejections
UCSF
UPenn

Still Waiting to Hear From 'Em
UCLA
UCDavis
UWash
Columbia
Cornell

Hope that helps somehow. Best of luck to everybody!

here's what's going on so far:

the nice inviting folks: OHSU, UCDavis, UCI, Cedars, Harbor, UNVReno, U AZ, UNM, Mayo-Scottsdale

rejecting bastards: UCSF :laugh:

the slow pokes: UWash, UCSD, UCLA, Colorado, Stanford

as you can see, all west coast programs.....WWWEEST SIIIDE!

good luck!

Interviews: MMC, Lahey, Brown, Dartmouth, UMass, Beth Israel, Mass Gen, BU, NEMC
Still waiting: B&W

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview at BU

just got an interview at UC-Davis