Iowa State c/o 2018 applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's crazy. I don't know if I can wait much longer!

I got my invite on December 23rd and I had until today (12/31) to select my interview. So there could be a chance that some people may decline their interview today and those of you still waiting could get good news. Also, I had a choice of either January 18/19 or 25/26. Good luck on the wait and I am still waiting to hear from MN my IS (so I am totally with you). Fingers crossed and let's hope to hear good news for the new year.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope to hear some good news soon! Good luck to everyone who's still "In Committee Review" :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still in committee review?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still in committee review?

Yep. This is basically my last chance too!! :( I'm debating if I should call or not. I want to know, but at the same time I don't. Waiting sucks, rejections suck more. +pity+

Yep. This is basically my last chance too!! :( I'm debating if I should call or not. I want to know, but at the same time I don't. Waiting sucks, rejections suck more. +pity+

I am pretty much in the same exact situation....my mom said to email, but I'd hate to draw any sort of attention to my application.

Also in committee review still :/

Alright, at the least it is comforting to have company. So, who wants to ask, any takers? :heckyeah:

For reals though, I'll send an email or something if we all want to know what the next step is. Having SDN at my back gives me a lot online confidence!

Alright, at the least it is comforting to have company. So, who wants to ask, any takers? :heckyeah:

For reals though, I'll send an email or something if we all want to know what the next step is. Having SDN at my back gives me a lot online confidence!

Idk, I'm scared.....like was said above, better to wait then draw attention to yourself and be rejected >.<

Good luck, Iowa peeps! When I graduated from Rutgers Univ. back in 2001, NJ had a contract with Iowa State. I had three very good friends graduate from this institution, and all had a fantastic experience. Two currently work in SA private practice, whereas another works in public health. Although I haven't been to the actual vet school, I did spend a few days near Ames hanging out on a cattle ranch with one of my friends who ended up attending the vet school. Good folks out in Iowa. Check out the 'Gentle Doctor' statue if you have a chance to visit- lovely sentiment. :)

I had to know, so I braved it. My application is "still active and under review"!! So I didn't get very far, but it's not a rejection!!! Holla!!

Now to find something to distract me from obsessively checking my e-mail...:rolleyes:

Just got an interview!! Stay hopeful everyone who's still in committee review!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview!! Stay hopeful everyone who's still in committee review!

Wow!! Congrats Ryroo!! :highfive:
That's awesome!! Seriously, I can't get over how fast that changed for you!!

Hope to be joining you soon!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i had a skype interview so i can agree with this. dont give up hope.

I am still in committee review too. I just seems like I won't be hearing anything from Iowa.

I am still in committee review too. I just seems like I won't be hearing anything from Iowa.

Some of us are in that same position. It is tough, but I called to find out about my status and Ryroo, who was in CR yesterday, just got an interview invite today(!). Don't let yourself give up just yet!! Chin up mate! We've not given up yet and you're not alone.!!

Thanks ZiskaShepherds!! I felt the same way yesterday taf81992. Dont lose hope! And if you're really feeling nervous about it, I don't think there's any harm in giving them a call to see where you stand. They know we are all eagerly waiting to hear back and if anything, I think it shows your interest in the school.

Reactions: 2 users
I have my interview in 10 days. I'm excited and anxious at the same time!

Well, another business week gone and I'm still in CR. Perhaps next week will bring news!

Got an interview invite today :) it is the same weekend of the Purdue interview. Purdue is 1/24 and Iowa State is 1/26. Need to change my travel plans, but I am excited!

Received my interview invite at 3am this morning. That was odd, but I am thrilled!

Reactions: 4 users
That's awesome taf!! Congrats to you!! 3am is really unusual, but an excellent surprise nonetheless!! :woot:
Looks like @galixia17 and I are left hanging for a little bit longer. Fingers crossed for good news this week!! :nod:

Thanks ZiskaShepherds! I have my finger crossed for you too!

At this point it might be best to call or email them and ask since next weekend is the last interview weekend. A week and a half isn't a lot of time to get stuff in order.

At this point it might be best to call or email them and ask since next weekend is the last interview weekend. A week and a half isn't a lot of time to get stuff in order.

I emailed last week and they said they could only tell me that my file was still active. So not the most helpful information. Honestly, I'd go at the drop of a hat even though it would be difficult to be prepared. Thanks clove, know good to know we've got support!

When I got my message on the portal, the only interview time they had was Sunday the 19th at 10pm. It was kind of a last minute notice by only giving me a week.

When I got my message on the portal, the only interview time they had was Sunday the 19th at 10pm. It was kind of a last minute notice by only giving me a week.

They are interviewing you at 10pm? Or did you mean am? They've also done skype interviews for short notice. I would just love a chance...:(

I emailed last week and they said they could only tell me that my file was still active. So not the most helpful information. Honestly, I'd go at the drop of a hat even though it would be difficult to be prepared. Thanks clove, know good to know we've got support!
That's super lame. I hope they get to you guys really soon.

I messaged through the portal and got basically the same response yesterday.

Another day past, and I'm still in CR.

Hi Everyone. I was invited to interview at Iowa Jan 19, but I kindly declined the interview because I was just accepted to my IS and #1 school. I hope that one of you guys who were waiting for an interview invite can take my spot. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone. I was invited to interview at Iowa Jan 19, but I kindly declined the interview because I was just accepted to my IS and #1 school. I hope that one of you guys who were waiting for an interview invite can take my spot. Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations!! Best of luck to you at your IS and your journey to becoming a veterinarian!!! Yay! Woo!! Thanks for letting us know too! It helps to know there are still chances, but not knowing if one of us is getting them is tough. Again congrats!! :highfive:

Hey interviewees! If any of you have a morning interview tomorrow, are in a hotel near University and I-30, and need a ride to the interviews tomorrow I have a rental car and I can take 3 people I believe. I have to leave early to head back to Des Moines around 11am so you'll have to find a way back, but these things are expensive enough so I figured saving the money for a cab there would be helpful. PM me if you're interested.

Hey interviewees! If any of you have a morning interview tomorrow, are in a hotel near University and I-30, and need a ride to the interviews tomorrow I have a rental car and I can take 3 people I believe. I have to leave early to head back to Des Moines around 11am so you'll have to find a way back, but these things are expensive enough so I figured saving the money for a cab there would be helpful. PM me if you're interested.
people are so friendly here. :)

That was very nice of you to offer, cloverbug. I had my interview today and feel even more in love with this school. I came to visit in 2009 when I was looking for undergraduate options, and it's even better now since they updated the whole small animal hospital in 2011.
Good luck to all of you interviewing next weekend and to those still waiting to hear news!

I had my interview today and feel even more in love with this school.
Unfortunately no one took me up on the offer so I just drove myself.

Hey guys, I was looking at the interview schedule and was wondering if I should plan for lunch on my own. I'm sure there will be somewhere to grab something to eat, but I can bring some snacks along if things will be sorta rushed. Also, I know Iowa does closed file interviews, but can you remember if everything they asked you was behaviorally based? Those questions are sometimes so unpredictable. Just wondering. Good luck to you both!:)

Hey guys, I was looking at the interview schedule and was wondering if I should plan for lunch on my own. I'm sure there will be somewhere to grab something to eat, but I can bring some snacks along if things will be sorta rushed. Also, I know Iowa does closed file interviews, but can you remember if everything they asked you was behaviorally based? Those questions are sometimes so unpredictable. Just wondering. Good luck to you both!:)

So I interviewed in December and yes every question was behavioral. But they usually ask follow ups.

Hi, what time is your interview? Mine was at 9 am and there was plenty of breakfast snacks (bagels, donuts, fresh fruit) for us to eat.
All of the questions were behavioral besides the initial "tell us a little about yourself".. they did ask some additional questions at the end, but it was really conversational. Both of my interviewers were very nice and inviting.

@ZiskaShepherds : still in CR? me too.

Indeed. At minimum we have another week to suffer through. I've basically given up and started planning my fall activities without vet school. I'll be going to tech school instead!! The very least I'll get my fill of animals and medical mumbo jumbo!! Waiting on a summer internship as well...hmm do da do...

Congrats on your Auburn invite!! That is so exciting!! I'm really happy for you! It is one of the schools I am considering for next cycle, so if you absolutely love it pm me until I love it too! Haha!

I'm glad everyone was digging their tours this past weekend!! And congrats to those going this weekend!! I wish I was going too! For those of you worried about the cold/snow, it gets easier to handle!! Drive safely and enjoy everything!!

Indeed. At minimum we have another week to suffer through. I've basically given up and started planning my fall activities without vet school. I'll be going to tech school instead!! The very least I'll get my fill of animals and medical mumbo jumbo!! Waiting on a summer internship as well...hmm do da do...

Congrats on your Auburn invite!! That is so exciting!! I'm really happy for you! It is one of the schools I am considering for next cycle, so if you absolutely love it pm me until I love it too! Haha!

I'm glad everyone was digging their tours this past weekend!! And congrats to those going this weekend!! I wish I was going too! For those of you worried about the cold/snow, it gets easier to handle!! Drive safely and enjoy everything!!

What if we don't get notified of an interview sometime this week? Does that mean we are rejected?

And thank you for your kind words - I'm very excited! It's my first (and only) interview invite so far :D

What if we don't get notified of an interview sometime this week? Does that mean we are rejected?

And thank you for your kind words - I'm very excited! It's my first (and only) interview invite so far :D

I can't say for sure. I know that official decisions are scheduled for approximately Feb. 14th. I guess then we would know. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?
However, I'm taking a pretty safe bet in assuming that if we haven't heard by now, then it is done. I will admit I have jumped into the pessimistic side of thinking for the rest of this cycle.

Better one than none Galixia!! Show them the school wouldn't be the same without you!! I bet you're just the thing AU is looking for! :bow: