Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Iowa residents or current VM students know how easy/difficult it is to qualify for IS tuition?

From what I’ve read, it seems pretty difficult but I just wanted to confirm!

Members don't see this ad.

Any Iowa residents or current VM students know how easy/difficult it is to qualify for IS tuition?

From what I’ve read, it seems pretty difficult but I just wanted to confirm!

You definitely have to go through lots of steps and they are pretty strict on it. I personally changed residency to IS but that is because my parent's moved to Iowa and I am a dependent. I had to prove they cut ties with the previous state and that I and they were legal residents of Iowa with a lot of paperwork.

You definitely have to go through lots of steps and they are pretty strict on it. I personally changed residency to IS but that is because my parent's moved to Iowa and I am a dependent. I had to prove they cut ties with the previous state and that I and they were legal residents of Iowa with a lot of paperwork.

Yeah I remember reading your post earlier in this thread about that! Was just hoping there may have been an easier way :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I remember reading your post earlier in this thread about that! Was just hoping there may have been an easier way :p
Usually there’s not an easy way for most schools. State funding from taxes goes towards public universities which is why IS tuition is cheaper. Because you’ve already given them money through taxes. Most states don’t allow residency for tuition purposes because that’s not a good reason for moving to the state and you likely are out of the state after you’re done with school.

Reactions: 1 users
Probably won’t till Wednesday or Thursday to give people their three days to respond

Hey there! People offered admissions actually quite some time to accept or decline due to the only form of accepting the offer is by sending a check by mail. I was offered a seat April 15th and they gave me until April 23rd (postmarked) to give my response which means they had to give atleast a few days to receive the payment.
:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! People offered admissions actually quite some time to accept or decline due to the only form of accepting the offer is by sending a check by mail. I was offered a seat April 15th and they gave me until April 23rd (postmarked) to give my response which means they had to give atleast a few days to receive the payment.
:)
Well I messaged them and they let me know they have three days to respond before they release more offers sooo idk ‍

Well I messaged them and they let me know they have three days to respond before they release more offers sooo idk ‍
Ohh, that’s weird. Cause I thought it was three days as well but my portal says that as long as I send in my payment postmarked the April 23rd that it would be accepted.

Ohh, that’s weird. Cause I thought it was three days as well but my portal says that as long as I send in my payment postmarked the April 23rd that it would be accepted.
Did you tell them yes and then send in your deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually there’s not an easy way for most schools. State funding from taxes goes towards public universities which is why IS tuition is cheaper. Because you’ve already given them money through taxes. Most states don’t allow residency for tuition purposes because that’s not a good reason for moving to the state and you likely are out of the state after you’re done with school.
Understandable! I just heard at some schools, you could get IS tuition after a year or such and such. (Unsure of the requirement) Tuition at this school is almost 2x for OOS, just makes me cry a little inside ya know? :dead:

Probably won’t till Wednesday or Thursday to give people their three days to respond
More waiting I guess... I do not think I'm accepting tho. I will be reapplying next cycle because I didn't get anywhere else close to florida.

Understandable! I just heard at some schools, you could get IS tuition after a year or such and such. (Unsure of the requirement) Tuition at this school is almost 2x for OOS, just makes me cry a little inside ya know? :dead:
Yep, there’s a couple who allow it but the vast majority don’t allow it unless you marry a resident. Most schools the OOS tuition is closer to 2x the IS price.

Yep, there’s a couple who allow it but the vast majority don’t allow it unless you marry a resident. Most schools the OOS tuition is closer to 2x the IS price.
In that case... Anyone in Iowa looking to get hitched? :D /s

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
#106 (me!!) is the next seat on the waitlist. They have 14 possible seats available.

Reactions: 9 users
I got a status update which said that I have to let them know before may 3rd. I thought we get a call??

I got a status update which said that I have to let them know before may 3rd. I thought we get a call??
No they told me to watch my message board for updates and offers

Does anyone knows how the professors are at IOWA vet school? or any other information about this college? Anything will be helpful

Does anyone knows how the professors are at IOWA vet school? or any other information about this college? Anything will be helpful

What do you want to know? Feel free to message me as well.

Have you decided if you’re going to accept your offer?

#106 (me!!) is the next seat on the waitlist. They have 14 possible seats available.

I'm so excited for you to get your call!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been rooting for you! Hopefully it comes super soon!!!

Surprised they haven’t sent anything out yet. If you don’t hear today, you most likely won’t hear until Monday :eek:.

Edited to add: seems like this cycle is a little faster than last year’s. Didn’t get to the 100’s until May 7th.

Last edited:
Surprised they haven’t sent anything out yet. If you don’t hear today, you most likely won’t hear until Monday :eek:.

Edited to add: seems like this cycle is a little faster than last year’s. Didn’t get to the 100’s until May 7th.
I accepted a seat today! Woooo !

Reactions: 20 users
I received an update from Kathy this morning. The next alternate to be contacted is #107 and there are 4 offers awaiting response.

Today’s update from Kathy:

The class is currently filled with alternate #107 being the next alternate to be contacted. It is extremely likely that we will have 2-5 withdraws or deferrals since this is very early to have a set class. We will start down the alternate list again when that happens.
Kathy

Update from Kathy today:

The next alternate to be contacted will be #111. We currently have 3 offers out that are due this week and next week.
Kathy