You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants
Started by starlightbowl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any Iowa residents or current VM students know how easy/difficult it is to qualify for IS tuition?
From what I’ve read, it seems pretty difficult but I just wanted to confirm!
You definitely have to go through lots of steps and they are pretty strict on it. I personally changed residency to IS but that is because my parent's moved to Iowa and I am a dependent. I had to prove they cut ties with the previous state and that I and they were legal residents of Iowa with a lot of paperwork.
You definitely have to go through lots of steps and they are pretty strict on it. I personally changed residency to IS but that is because my parent's moved to Iowa and I am a dependent. I had to prove they cut ties with the previous state and that I and they were legal residents of Iowa with a lot of paperwork.
Yeah I remember reading your post earlier in this thread about that! Was just hoping there may have been an easier way 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Usually there’s not an easy way for most schools. State funding from taxes goes towards public universities which is why IS tuition is cheaper. Because you’ve already given them money through taxes. Most states don’t allow residency for tuition purposes because that’s not a good reason for moving to the state and you likely are out of the state after you’re done with school.Yeah I remember reading your post earlier in this thread about that! Was just hoping there may have been an easier way 😛
Have you heard anything today?I'm 102 !!I think I will be getting a call tmr then!! and I do not even know if I wanna accept it or not...
Nope I haven't yet.Have you heard anything today?
Probably won’t till Wednesday or Thursday to give people their three days to respondNope I haven't yet.
aci96.
New Member
Probably won’t till Wednesday or Thursday to give people their three days to respond
Hey there! People offered admissions actually quite some time to accept or decline due to the only form of accepting the offer is by sending a check by mail. I was offered a seat April 15th and they gave me until April 23rd (postmarked) to give my response which means they had to give atleast a few days to receive the payment.
🙂
Well I messaged them and they let me know they have three days to respond before they release more offers sooo idk Hey there! People offered admissions actually quite some time to accept or decline due to the only form of accepting the offer is by sending a check by mail. I was offered a seat April 15th and they gave me until April 23rd (postmarked) to give my response which means they had to give atleast a few days to receive the payment.
🙂
aci96.
New Member
Ohh, that’s weird. Cause I thought it was three days as well but my portal says that as long as I send in my payment postmarked the April 23rd that it would be accepted.Well I messaged them and they let me know they have three days to respond before they release more offers sooo idk
Did you tell them yes and then send in your deposit?Ohh, that’s weird. Cause I thought it was three days as well but my portal says that as long as I send in my payment postmarked the April 23rd that it would be accepted.
aci96.
New Member
Ohh there you go!! Haha!!Did you tell them yes and then send in your deposit?
You are right! When she emailed me she asked if I was still interested and I said yes
Sorry about that
You do have 3 days to respond. If you accept you have like a week to send your deposit and acceptance form.Did you tell them yes and then send in your deposit?
Understandable! I just heard at some schools, you could get IS tuition after a year or such and such. (Unsure of the requirement) Tuition at this school is almost 2x for OOS, just makes me cry a little inside ya know?Usually there’s not an easy way for most schools. State funding from taxes goes towards public universities which is why IS tuition is cheaper. Because you’ve already given them money through taxes. Most states don’t allow residency for tuition purposes because that’s not a good reason for moving to the state and you likely are out of the state after you’re done with school.
More waiting I guess... I do not think I'm accepting tho. I will be reapplying next cycle because I didn't get anywhere else close to florida.Probably won’t till Wednesday or Thursday to give people their three days to respond
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, there’s a couple who allow it but the vast majority don’t allow it unless you marry a resident. Most schools the OOS tuition is closer to 2x the IS price.Understandable! I just heard at some schools, you could get IS tuition after a year or such and such. (Unsure of the requirement) Tuition at this school is almost 2x for OOS, just makes me cry a little inside ya know?![]()
In that case... Anyone in Iowa looking to get hitched? 😀 /sYep, there’s a couple who allow it but the vast majority don’t allow it unless you marry a resident. Most schools the OOS tuition is closer to 2x the IS price.
Sadly even Iowa has thrown up red tape around the marriage way too. When I applied in 2017 I contacted the residency office to see if marrying a resident I could get is tuition and that was a very big no go.In that case... Anyone in Iowa looking to get hitched? 😀 /s
#106 (me!!) is the next seat on the waitlist. They have 14 possible seats available.
No they told me to watch my message board for updates and offersI got a status update which said that I have to let them know before may 3rd. I thought we get a call??
Does anyone knows how the professors are at IOWA vet school? or any other information about this college? Anything will be helpful
What do you want to know? Feel free to message me as well.
Does anyone knows how the professors are at IOWA vet school? or any other information about this college? Anything will be helpful
I also sent you a message if you'd like to ask me any questions! (Current 1st year)
Constantly checking my message board haha@Brittnicole Fingers crossed you hear good news tomorrow!
Have you decided if you’re going to accept your offer?I got a status update which said that I have to let them know before may 3rd. I thought we get a call??
#106 (me!!) is the next seat on the waitlist. They have 14 possible seats available.
I'm so excited for you to get your call!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been rooting for you! Hopefully it comes super soon!!!
yes I accepted it!!! Couldn't say no and wait a year so I went ahead and accepted it!!! I'm happy with my decision! 🙂Have you decided if you’re going to accept your offer?
It’s taking forever !! I still haven’t been notified yetI'm so excited for you to get your call!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been rooting for you! Hopefully it comes super soon!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I accepted a seat today! Woooo !Surprised they haven’t sent anything out yet. If you don’t hear today, you most likely won’t hear until Monday 😱.
Edited to add: seems like this cycle is a little faster than last year’s. Didn’t get to the 100’s until May 7th.
aci96.
New Member
Yay!!!!!!I accepted a seat today! Woooo !
Yay congrats!!!I accepted a seat today! Woooo !
Yay. Congrats !I accepted a seat today! Woooo !
I hope others continue to get in!
Anyone receive any updates for this week?
Today’s update from Kathy:
The class is currently filled with alternate #107 being the next alternate to be contacted. It is extremely likely that we will have 2-5 withdraws or deferrals since this is very early to have a set class. We will start down the alternate list again when that happens.
Kathy
The class is currently filled with alternate #107 being the next alternate to be contacted. It is extremely likely that we will have 2-5 withdraws or deferrals since this is very early to have a set class. We will start down the alternate list again when that happens.
Kathy
Update from Kathy today:
The next alternate to be contacted will be #111. We currently have 3 offers out that are due this week and next week.
Kathy
The next alternate to be contacted will be #111. We currently have 3 offers out that are due this week and next week.
Kathy