Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got an update today, the next alternate will be #64 and there are 15 seats pending

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was #69 OOS, received an offer this morning and will be accepting. Can't believe it's finally happening! I've felt so hopeless for so long. Seeing the support shown here for other people going through the process has been hugely helpful. Good luck to everyone still waiting and hoping.

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how many seats are left? 10 more until me :(

18 positions awaiting response.
Next alternate is #72

Kathy said there won’t be movement today but there will be tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
18 positions awaiting response.
Next alternate is #72

Kathy said there won’t be movement today but there will be tomorrow.
Does that mean they have the ten seats plus waiting on 18 possible responses? Or total of possibly 18?

Does that mean they have the ten seats plus waiting on 18 possible responses? Or total of possibly 18?
What do you mean the 10 seats? Not sure where you got that number.

I’m assuming there’s at least 18 spots left though and I’m thinking she says there will be movement today (Tuesday) since maybe people needed to give a decision by yesterday evening? I didn’t wanna ask for clarification haha.

Reason I’m so confused is that a couple posts up, someone had said 15 responses but she told me 18. So unsure if people dropped or what :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm 79 and haven't heard anything. Makes me a little sad haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
She responded around noon for me when I last asked her. Let us know what she says!
She still hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe she is out of the office and that's why there hasn't been any movement either?

She still hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe she is out of the office and that's why there hasn't been any movement either?
I hope so..

I emailed her the Friday of Easter weekend and she didn’t back to me until Monday which is understandable.

I hope so..

I emailed her the Friday of Easter weekend and she didn’t back to me until Monday which is understandable.
She just got back to me!! She said the next alternate to be contacted is 88 and there are 20 seats awaiting response!

They’re up to 89 with 20 awaiting still
Hoping you get a spot! If it helps put you at ease more, those that got offers today have until the 29th to respond!

I know I felt defeated for so long but I'm glad this weight on my shoulders is finally gone! I can actually relax now!

Reactions: 4 users
Also I know that #87 has accepted her offer. She posted on fb

I'm on #104 and haven't gotten anywhere yet. I might accept but I'm from florida and I just feel like I should re- apply instead. Not sure at this point. When I called, she said I have a very decent chance of getting a call so.. but I'm just not sure about it.

They’re up to 102 or your number is 102? Our numbers don’t change
on my status page it says that i'm 102/345 actually I thought when I caalled she said I was 104 but I have always been 102. it's been a bit hectic but yeah I have always been at that rank. Wait they are already at #102?? So I will be getting a call monday then!!!

on my status page it says that i'm 102/345 actually I thought when I caalled she said I was 104 but I have always been 102. it's been a bit hectic but yeah I have always been at that rank. Wait they are already at #102?? So I will be getting a call monday then!!!
No I was just confused when you said 104 and 102. They’re at 89 as of the other day

No I was just confused when you said 104 and 102. They’re at 89 as of the other day
Sorry about that yeah I was driving when I called them so I wasn't sure about what she said lol. Do you know how many seats are still left?

From the previous posts.. I think they have 20 seats left!! if that is still correct.

Last edited:
I’m not a patient person. Has anybody asked for an update today?

I was #97 on the OOS waitlist and I just accepted my position!! Cant wait to meet y'all!!

Reactions: 2 users
Today’s update from Kathy:

The next alternate to be contacted will be #101. Currently, we have 10 positions awaiting response

Today’s update from Kathy:

The next alternate to be contacted will be #101. Currently, we have 10 positions awaiting response
Yessssssss just a few more seats before I get in!!

I just got accepted to the University of Illinois, so I will be removing myself from the waitlist! I was number 151.

I'm 102 !!I think I will be getting a call tmr then!! and I do not even know if I wanna accept it or not...