-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants
Started by starlightbowl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pending as in spots left? Or 15 seats pending a response.I also got an update today, the next alternate will be #64 and there are 15 seats pending
Ugh doesn’t look like I’ll be making the cut then... I’m number 106. 🙁I also got an update today, the next alternate will be #64 and there are 15 seats pending
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took it as pending a response, so I think offers were extended already for those seats which could either be declined or accepted.Pending as in spots left? Or 15 seats pending a response.
lmastropietro
New Member
Yes, the lists are separate this year! I am a fellow in-state alternate lister! Crossing my fingers for us all.On my status page it says Iowa Alternate and then my rank out of 13 in state applicants
I was #69 OOS, received an offer this morning and will be accepting. Can't believe it's finally happening! I've felt so hopeless for so long. Seeing the support shown here for other people going through the process has been hugely helpful. Good luck to everyone still waiting and hoping.
Does that mean they have the ten seats plus waiting on 18 possible responses? Or total of possibly 18?18 positions awaiting response.
Next alternate is #72
Kathy said there won’t be movement today but there will be tomorrow.
What do you mean the 10 seats? Not sure where you got that number.Does that mean they have the ten seats plus waiting on 18 possible responses? Or total of possibly 18?
I’m assuming there’s at least 18 spots left though and I’m thinking she says there will be movement today (Tuesday) since maybe people needed to give a decision by yesterday evening? I didn’t wanna ask for clarification haha.
Reason I’m so confused is that a couple posts up, someone had said 15 responses but she told me 18. So unsure if people dropped or what 😱
Any updates?
Yeah I was hoping there would be a lot more movement today!I'm 79 and haven't heard anything. Makes me a little sad haha.
Have you heard anything yet? They’re pretty close to your numberI'm 79 and haven't heard anything. Makes me a little sad haha.
Unfortunately not. I wish I could ask again for an update! The silence is killing me.Have you heard anything yet? They’re pretty close to your number
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ll ask, I haven’t asked since last WednesdayUnfortunately not. I wish I could ask again for an update! The silence is killing me.
I messaged Kathy yesterday, but haven't gotten a response yet.I’ll ask, I haven’t asked since last Wednesday
I messaged Kathy yesterday, but haven't gotten a response yet.
She responded around noon for me when I last asked her. Let us know what she says!
She still hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe she is out of the office and that's why there hasn't been any movement either?She responded around noon for me when I last asked her. Let us know what she says!
I hope so..She still hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe she is out of the office and that's why there hasn't been any movement either?
I emailed her the Friday of Easter weekend and she didn’t back to me until Monday which is understandable.
She just got back to me!! She said the next alternate to be contacted is 88 and there are 20 seats awaiting response!I hope so..
I emailed her the Friday of Easter weekend and she didn’t back to me until Monday which is understandable.
She just got back to me!! She said the next alternate to be contacted is 88 and there are 20 seats awaiting response!
I just got my offer! I’m so excited!
Congrats!!!!I just got my offer! I’m so excited!
YAY!!! Hopefully I’ll be your classmate! They’re at 88 with possibly 20 seats left!! I’m 106I just got my offer! I’m so excited!
What number are you?She just got back to me!! She said the next alternate to be contacted is 88 and there are 20 seats awaiting response!
They’re up to 89 with 20 awaiting still
Hoping you get a spot! If it helps put you at ease more, those that got offers today have until the 29th to respond!They’re up to 89 with 20 awaiting still
I know I felt defeated for so long but I'm glad this weight on my shoulders is finally gone! I can actually relax now!
I started as 151! So I'm trying not to hold out hope!What number are you?
Two years ago they got up to 150 so there is always hope. Is this your first cycle applying?I started as 151! So I'm trying not to hold out hope!
Yep it is!Two years ago they got up to 150 so there is always hope. Is this your first cycle applying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well hopefully it’s good news. This is my third year applying and I’m dreading having to apply a fourth time so hopefully i won’t need to. Crossing my fingers for both of usYep it is!
Also I know that #87 has accepted her offer. She posted on fb
Good luck!!Well hopefully it’s good news. This is my third year applying and I’m dreading having to apply a fourth time so hopefully i won’t need to. Crossing my fingers for both of us
They’re up to 102 or your number is 102? Our numbers don’t change#102 now
on my status page it says that i'm 102/345 actually I thought when I caalled she said I was 104 but I have always been 102. it's been a bit hectic but yeah I have always been at that rank. Wait they are already at #102?? So I will be getting a call monday then!!!They’re up to 102 or your number is 102? Our numbers don’t change
No I was just confused when you said 104 and 102. They’re at 89 as of the other dayon my status page it says that i'm 102/345 actually I thought when I caalled she said I was 104 but I have always been 102. it's been a bit hectic but yeah I have always been at that rank. Wait they are already at #102?? So I will be getting a call monday then!!!
Sorry about that yeah I was driving when I called them so I wasn't sure about what she said lol. Do you know how many seats are still left?No I was just confused when you said 104 and 102. They’re at 89 as of the other day
Now they only have 19 responses waiting. Number 87 accepted one of the 20From the previous posts.. I think they have 20 seats left!! if that is still correct.
Thanks! I will update you guys whenever I get a call.Now they only have 19 responses waiting. Number 87 accepted one of the 20
I’m not a patient person. Has anybody asked for an update today?
Today’s update from Kathy:
The next alternate to be contacted will be #101. Currently, we have 10 positions awaiting response
The next alternate to be contacted will be #101. Currently, we have 10 positions awaiting response
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yessssssss just a few more seats before I get in!!Today’s update from Kathy:
The next alternate to be contacted will be #101. Currently, we have 10 positions awaiting response
I just got accepted to the University of Illinois, so I will be removing myself from the waitlist! I was number 151.
Good luck!I just got accepted to the University of Illinois, so I will be removing myself from the waitlist! I was number 151.
Thank you! I'm so excited! I hope you get in too!!Good luck!