Iowa State C/O 2025 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tried to look this up online, but had a hard time finding this info: how many OOS seats are available vs IS seats?
They admit about 160 total - 26 from the nebraska program, about 60 from Iowa. Previous class stats are here: Class Profiles | Iowa State University

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I will be declining my spot to attend my IS school at Ohio State! I hope someone gets called off soon!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else just get a message on their portal who is on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else just get a message on their portal who is on the waitlist?
Yes I did for the Class of 2025 Virtual Preview! I was so excited because the email just said that there was a message on my portal but when I looked it was just a reminder for that.... way to get my heart pumping!

They messed up my message and said congratulations again on your acceptance and I about started crying 😭 its since been corrected to alternate again

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
They messed up my message and said congratulations again on your acceptance and I about started crying 😭 its since been corrected to alternate again
Same LOL. I was like these schools really enjoy torturing us 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I am a current VM2 at ISU and was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified of my rank in March as 105 and by then they were already taking people off the waitlist. I was offered by spot in May with maybe 8 spots left after me.

Also I wanted to come on here because I am fundraising shirts for the ISU feline practitioners club and I designed some cute shirts that I feel like anybody in vet med can relate to so if you like them, please consider buying one or two! We have had a hard time fundraising due to covid but for those coming in as a VM1 in the fall will have a leg up with some nice vet med apparel ! Follow the link HERE

cat shirt 1.png

vet med shirt 1.png

Hey guys, I am a current VM2 at ISU and was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified of my rank in March as 105 and by then they were already taking people off the waitlist. I was offered by spot in May with maybe 8 spots left after me.
If accepted/taken off the waitlist at ISU (or any other school) before the April 15th deadline, do you still have until the deadline to decide? Or is it different for accepted vs those getting an offer from the waitlist?

Is anyone here declining their spot in the UNL-ISU 2 + 2 program?

Officially declined my OOS alternate spot. Accepting an offer elsewhere (still deciding between Illinois and Midwestern)! Best of luck to everyone else on the alternate list!

Members don't see this ad :)
1 more week until we at least know where we are at on the waitlist 😬

Officially declined my spot on the waitlist since I have committed to another school. Hope this helps someone that wants it!!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten taken off the waitlist and offered acceptance? I have read a few things about other people being offered a seat prior to April 15th!

Just wanted to wish everyone on here good luck with the waitlist ranks tomorrow! I know I am beyond nervous so I am hoping for some good news!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Last year they sent it out right at 5 but I'll still be refreshing my email all day lol

Happy rank release day to all my fellow alternates!! Here's hoping you have plenty to distract you from spamming refresh all day!
Winning We Got This GIF by MOODMAN

Right under where it says alternate, I think that they put them in by hand. Maybe it'll take a little more time?

Attachments

• 354A3A5C-A33C-4CB8-92EE-2516D738F0B6.jpeg
    354A3A5C-A33C-4CB8-92EE-2516D738F0B6.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 85
Right under where it says alternate, I think that they put them in by hand. Maybe it'll take a little more time?
Probably might take some time! Its good to know that there are 299 waitlisted students.

Thank you! Mine just hasn’t updated yet. Congrats on being so high up!
Thank you!!!! I was denied from 8 schools and waitlisted at another so I'm finally feeling a little more hopeful! Good luck!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Ranked 99/299 and praying the list moves!

If accepted/taken off the waitlist at ISU (or any other school) before the April 15th deadline, do you still have until the deadline to decide? Or is it different for accepted vs those getting an offer from the waitlist?
Sorry I just saw this! They gave me a deadline to accept, I think 24-48 hours. Some people that were waiting on other schools accept the position and pay the fee to hold their spot and then back out later if they get in elsewhere that was higher on their preferred school list. You lose out on the money but its better than declining and not getting accepted elsewhere and then having to wait another cycle

So do we think they are updating it by hand starting from whoever was ranked #1? I am just anxiously waiting and refreshing over here...

The list moves very quickly for ISU. I was 105 on the waitlist two years ago and was accepted in early May.
I’m so nervous with all the increase in applicants this year though! But thanks for giving me hope!

or maybe they are going alphabetically? For those who got their ranks already what letter does your last name start with??
Mine starts with S and I was 13 so I think it goes by rank!

Still not updated here either, I'm thinking I must be last lol