Iowa State C/O 2025 Hopefuls

Started by tayla96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else just get a message on their portal who is on the waitlist?
Yes I did for the Class of 2025 Virtual Preview! I was so excited because the email just said that there was a message on my portal but when I looked it was just a reminder for that.... way to get my heart pumping!
 
Hey guys, I am a current VM2 at ISU and was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified of my rank in March as 105 and by then they were already taking people off the waitlist. I was offered by spot in May with maybe 8 spots left after me.

Also I wanted to come on here because I am fundraising shirts for the ISU feline practitioners club and I designed some cute shirts that I feel like anybody in vet med can relate to so if you like them, please consider buying one or two! We have had a hard time fundraising due to covid but for those coming in as a VM1 in the fall will have a leg up with some nice vet med apparel ! Follow the link HERE

cat shirt 1.png

vet med shirt 1.png
 
Hey guys, I am a current VM2 at ISU and was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified of my rank in March as 105 and by then they were already taking people off the waitlist. I was offered by spot in May with maybe 8 spots left after me.
If accepted/taken off the waitlist at ISU (or any other school) before the April 15th deadline, do you still have until the deadline to decide? Or is it different for accepted vs those getting an offer from the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten taken off the waitlist and offered acceptance? I have read a few things about other people being offered a seat prior to April 15th!
 
Happy rank release day to all my fellow alternates!! Here's hoping you have plenty to distract you from spamming refresh all day!
Winning We Got This GIF by MOODMAN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If accepted/taken off the waitlist at ISU (or any other school) before the April 15th deadline, do you still have until the deadline to decide? Or is it different for accepted vs those getting an offer from the waitlist?
Sorry I just saw this! They gave me a deadline to accept, I think 24-48 hours. Some people that were waiting on other schools accept the position and pay the fee to hold their spot and then back out later if they get in elsewhere that was higher on their preferred school list. You lose out on the money but its better than declining and not getting accepted elsewhere and then having to wait another cycle
 
So do we think they are updating it by hand starting from whoever was ranked #1? I am just anxiously waiting and refreshing over here...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad