Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m confused about the posts regarding gpa cutoffs…mine have been calculated in the portal for awhile now. My science is a 2.85 but my application still says in review?
Does yours says “in academic review” or “in review”?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you put down anything under exceptional circumstances? That's the only other thing I can think of, or else maybe something really stood out in your app
I did provide an explanation statement since I felt my lower gpa needed to be addressed. I am super proud of the remainder of my app but I was under the impression that your app didn’t get looked at if you didn’t make the cutoff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok. Mine says “In Academic Review” but the gpas have been calculated for a while now.
I think mine used to say that and then changed to in review but I could be mistaken. Just have to wait and see I suppose!

On my portal under the “materials received/needed” section there is a pre-req there. Who do I contact or what do I do about that?

At the end the semester we need to send them our fall transcripts. If there's a mistake I would use the messaging system to contact admissions. :)
On my portal under the “materials received/needed” section there is a pre-req there. Who do I contact or what do I do about that?

Has anyone heard anything? I was just accepted to Ross but want to wait and hopefully get accepted into the states.

Reactions: 1 user
If I remember correctly from my previous application cycles, they routinely send out decisions on February 15th. Someone feel free to correct me if that is inaccurate. Hope this helps!

If I remember correctly from my previous application cycles, they routinely send out decisions on February 15th. Someone feel free to correct me if that is inaccurate. Hope this helps!
I think you are correct. Iowa sends decisions out mid February on one day. There’s no interview at Iowa, and acceptance is solely based on the application. They wait for fall grades to be sent to them and they factor these grades into their decisions.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! Just wanted to pop into this thread - I am a first-time OOS applicant!

Reactions: 1 users
Second-time OOS applicant, third-time applicant overall. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Im a VM1 (accepted last cycle, class of 2026), I’m happy to answer any questions you guys may have! it’s a long wait, good luck!

• Care
Hi everyone! Im a VM1 (accepted last cycle, class of 2026), I’m happy to answer any questions you guys may have! it’s a long wait, good luck!

Hi! what is your favorite thing about the program and your least favorite? was Iowa your number one choice? Do you feel like
Iowa is relatively holistic or traditional?

Does anyone know if it means I’m declined if my status says under review-deficient. Theres a pre req listed that they want me to retake I think but idk if it means I need to submit something or I’m deficient and declined because of that pre req

OOS 3rd year applying to ISU, 4th overall. Best of luck y'all. Cannot wait for 2/15/23!

2nd time applying OOS and overall, got on the waitlist last year!!! Hoping this is the year. Good luck everybody!!

Does anyone know if it means I’m declined if my status says under review-deficient. Theres a pre req listed that they want me to retake I think but idk if it means I need to submit something or I’m deficient and declined because of that pre req
Deficient usually means something is missing from the application. Have you contacted them to find out what it is? Or did they tell you to complete the prereq by a certain time?

Hi! what is your favorite thing about the program and your least favorite? was Iowa your number one choice? Do you feel like
Iowa is relatively holistic or traditional?
Hello! I’m a current 4th year so I can answer my perspective.

Iowa is very traditional overall imo. I don’t believe our school currently has a holistic medicine club like I know some other schools have.

Honestly, there’s a few issues I have with the program as far as the work they make you do for 4th year but I’m hoping they follow other schools in the next few years as far as patient care.

Iowa wasn’t my first choice (I didn’t have a first choice) but I was willing to go anywhere with 4 seasons and whatever the cheapest school was that accepted me (3)

i think the best thing about the program is you can really do whatever you want to do, you just have to take the initiative yourself. Want more equine experience? Sign up for the club and go to their wet labs. There’s a lot of professors who are more than happy to put you in touch with someone in your area of interest and you can work with them during summers or breaks.

The worst thing about our program is the lack of mental health care. (Though there are clubs trying to help that). This school has often spouted that mental health is important yet actions don’t correlate. But this is mostly my 4th year grievances haha. They’re definitely not as progressive as I’ve seen/heard from the other vet schools but regardless you’ll get a good education out of it.

Just received an email about decisions and I was told February 15th.

saw a few people on the Facebook group say they received a rejection today. the gpa cut off was a 2.8 this year.

What do you mean about decisions?
I got an email in our individual Iowa message portal, I was told to update one thing for my application, and then was told that admission decisions was going to be on or around Feb 15th.

Wait you got your decision? IS or OOS?
Not an "official" decision, but I had to make some changes to my application to be considered for further review. I was not aware that others had received a rejection yet. I assumed because it was mentioned in the email that admission decisions were being sent out on or around Feb 15th included every applicant. Oh and I am OOS!

Does anyone know roughly how large Iowa’s waitlist is???

Over 200, but I don’t recall them getting through all the names since they made it that large. If this year is like past years, then if you’re below 100 on the waitlist, you’re getting offered a seat.
Do they let you know your place in the waitlist?

Me, thinking I was getting actual news after the notification 🤡

• Haha
Almost broke my ankle running over

• Haha
Omg something really strange happened with my portal. it had said i was denied before and now it says I'm back in review?!