You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes! Feb 15th is the day to hear about a full decision.Don't we get either accepted, waitlisted, or denied by the 15th of February? I didn't think I made that date up, so I wanted to make sure haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I messaged them through the portal and they said that updated GPAs should show up in the portal by next mon/tues, if not sooner!
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I emailed Ms. Kuehl about the updated GPAs/transcripts...she emailed me back said they were running behind on processing Fall transcripts and that everything should be accurate by sometime next week.
My GPAs were updated!Mine was received 12/22 but the GPAs haven't been updated yet either
My transcripts were received 12/22 and my GPAs are still not updated. I feel like it’s a sign they don’t want me [emoji23]
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
I wonder if it makes a difference or not regarding how they ranked your application, mine were received and updated before Christmas.
Just checked the portal and my GPA was updated!
1st yr here just wanted to say goodluck everyone 🙂
received decisions last yr on the 15th around 5pm EST
lmk if u have questions <3
received decisions last yr on the 15th around 5pm EST
lmk if u have questions <3
I really hope that’s not the case. I didn’t send my transcripts until January thoughI wonder if it makes a difference or not regarding how they ranked your application, mine were received and updated before Christmas.
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I really hope that’s not the case. I didn’t send my transcripts until January though
It’s not the case. Ms Kuehl from admissions said they wait until all grades are updated to make the ranked list and I just emailed her and she said they were running behind on everything. I don’t think they will penalize anybody for submitting in January instead of December…. As long as it’s received by the deadline.
Just saw the portal message 🫠
MayaFaye
Full Member
Just saw the portal message 🫠
What is it about? I got the email but I’m stuck at work until 6pm and I don’t know my password [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like so many schools have delayed admission decisions this year!
Yay... 😶😮💨 well we've waited this long what's another 2 weeks
Same :/ every notification still gives me a heart attack though. I wonder why they are delayed.Just saw the portal message 🫠
MayaFaye
Full Member
Decision Date Delayed [emoji3063]
Now will be on Feb 22
Yikes [emoji43][emoji94][emoji50][emoji100][emoji30]
Decisions delayed till Feb 22nd after 5pm
They're not the only school to have delayed admissions this cycle. I think that there are many more applicants than anticipated.Same :/ every notification still gives me a heart attack though. I wonder why they are delayed.
Anyone's GPAs still not updated? 😔
Anyone's GPAs still not updated? [emoji17]
Nope, still not updated since 12/22. I’ve already accepted that they don’t want me 🫠
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
They pushed the decision date back one week so they’ll probably have everything updated by the end of this week
My GPAs just got updated!
Same here 🙂
Mine too!
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Does anybody know the breakdown for admissions criteria? Like how much GPA, experiences, statements, etc. factor into the final decision?
Border Goat Bananas
Full Member
It’s on their website for selection criteria and what percentage they calculate each section.Does anybody know the breakdown for admissions criteria? Like how much GPA, experiences, statements, etc. factor into the final decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GPAs were updated! Do we know if they make decisions regarding our academic score after the GPAs are updated?
Brittany Kaplowitz
New Member
Hi everyone! Second time applicant OOS. I was wondering if anyone also received an email from the school on their birthday? (my birthday was last month) Mine said something like "Can't wait to spend the next 4 years celebrating with you!" I just found it odd wording since decisions aren't out
My birthday was in December and I didn't get anything so this is interestingHi everyone! Second time applicant OOS. I was wondering if anyone also received an email from the school on their birthday? (my birthday was last month) Mine said something like "Can't wait to spend the next 4 years celebrating with you!" I just found it odd wording since decisions aren't out
Brittany Kaplowitz
New Member
It was super weird and I was extremely confusedMy birthday was in December and I didn't get anything so this is interesting
Mine was in February and I didn’t get anything either.My birthday was in December and I didn't get anything so this is interesting
3 days everyone!! First time applicant to Iowa OOS, second time applicant to vet school overall. I have had 9 rejections and 1 interview so far this cycle so I am hoping for the best here 🥲🥲
I got that email on my birthday in December!Hi everyone! Second time applicant OOS. I was wondering if anyone also received an email from the school on their birthday? (my birthday was last month) Mine said something like "Can't wait to spend the next 4 years celebrating with you!" I just found it odd wording since decisions aren't out
Bostiegirl29
UMN CVM c/o 2027
Now that worries me about the birthday emails 😭 mine was last month and I didn't get anything.
Brittany Kaplowitz
New Member
I was assuming it was just an automated message. But I wouldn’t worry too much about it!Now that worries me about the birthday emails 😭 mine was last month and I didn't get anything.
Anyone else’s GPAs still not updated? 🥲
kittenvet
Full Member
I received a birthday email in August before I submitted my app. I think they just use who's in the database/ has reached out for info. I don't think it comes from the vet school specifically.Hi everyone! Second time applicant OOS. I was wondering if anyone also received an email from the school on their birthday? (my birthday was last month) Mine said something like "Can't wait to spend the next 4 years celebrating with you!" I just found it odd wording since decisions aren't out
In the last message Kathy sent it was after 5pm so could really be anytime that night 🫣Is anyone else just ready to get an answer already? Lol I’m ready to check the dreaded portal Wednesday. Do we have an idea what time? I was assuming by the end of the business day?
My birthday is tomorrow 🫣 I was hoping to avoid this but then they pushed the date back. 🤞🏻 they give me the birthday present I’m wishing for 😅Hi everyone! Second time applicant OOS. I was wondering if anyone also received an email from the school on their birthday? (my birthday was last month) Mine said something like "Can't wait to spend the next 4 years celebrating with you!" I just found it odd wording since decisions aren't out
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Crazy to think that in about 24 hours from now, we’re all gonna know if we got in or not. Good luck to everyone!!! I’m manifesting for us all [emoji1694]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
morgan2000
Full Member
Anyone know what time decisions went out in previous cycles? I know they said after 5pm
Border Goat Bananas
Full Member
When you put it like that…. 😅 I’m having margaritas while waiting for that email!Crazy to think that in about 24 hours from now, we’re all gonna know if we got in or not. Good luck to everyone!!! I’m manifesting for us all [emoji1694]
I asked my friend who applied last year and she said she got her's around 6pAnyone know what time decisions went out in previous cycles? I know they said after 5pm
Are decisions going out after 5pm central time or eastern time?
I believe it is central time. I received an email to login to the portal last cycle at 5:17 CST.Are decisions going out after 5pm central time or eastern time?