You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oodan
New Member
Hi all! I had a question. On my Application Status Page it says, "Required Science Course GPA" and then a GPA score. Is that supposed to be my actual Science GPA or something else? I ask because the science GPA on there is significantly lower than what my actual science GPA is on my application.
morgan2000
Full Member
Hi all! I had a question. On my Application Status Page it says, "Required Science Course GPA" and then a GPA score. Is that supposed to be my actual Science GPA or something else? I ask because the science GPA on there is significantly lower than what my actual science GPA is on my application.
I think the science GPA on your application is all science courses. Whereas, the required science course gpa is the gpa considering only the science courses that they require as prerequisites
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oodan
New Member
OHHH gotcha. THANK YOU. I was staring at it and got scared that they received the wrong VMCAS application or something awful.I think the science GPA on your application is all science courses. Whereas, the required science course gpa is the gpa considering only the science courses that they require as prerequisites
It is only the courses they use as their pre reqs. If you look on their website for required courses you’ll see a red star next to each course they count for the science GPA.Hi all! I had a question. On my Application Status Page it says, "Required Science Course GPA" and then a GPA score. Is that supposed to be my actual Science GPA or something else? I ask because the science GPA on there is significantly lower than what my actual science GPA is on my application.
Does anyone know when they usually update the GPAs with our fall transcripts? Also, does anyone know if the committee reviewing our applications consider the cGPA or just last 45 and science? I know we needed at least a 2.5 to get to the committee but I wasn’t sure if the person reviewing the apps actually sees our cumulative as well.
Anyone knows how many applicants vs seats for OOS?
For those who have sent in transcripts, how long did it take for your portal to update with received? Mine hasn't yet but Parchment said that it was received.
portal updates happen manually, and the university was closed today. if you don't see any changes in a week, you could send a message through your portal asking for an update. they're really nice about answering questions.For those who have sent in transcripts, how long did it take for your portal to update with received? Mine hasn't yet but Parchment said that it was received.
Its been about a week which is why I was getting a smidge concerned. I'll message them, thank you!portal updates happen manually, and the university was closed today. if you don't see any changes in a week, you could send a message through your portal asking for an update. they're really nice about answering questions.
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Yes, you have to add it to a "third party" in parchment. You should have received a message in your portal with a specific address to send it electronic.How did everyone send their updated transcripts in? I feel like I'm missing something. I can't find Iowa State Veterinary Medicine in the school options on Parchment. Do I just add them as a third party and send to their admissions email? Thanks in advance!
morgan2000
Full Member
Does anyone know for Parchment if you can add more than one recipient? Or do you need to do a whole new order and payment for each school?
I would guess they had the past week or so off for the holidays and will be back in the office tomorrow. They said it would be updated during the break and the university is on break until January 16. So if it isn't updated by then, I would say to just message them. For Parchment you need to do a whole new order I'm pretty sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can add another order! Before you enter your card info under the school there should be a drop down that asks if you want to add another order. Select that and it'll bring you back to the home page where you can do it all over again! I just did it with an order of 3 schoolsDoes anyone know for Parchment if you can add more than one recipient? Or do you need to do a whole new order and payment for each school?
Has anyone had their GPAs updated yet?
Mine have not but they said that my transcript was received
Mine have been!Has anyone had their GPAs updated yet?
How long did it take them to update yours after they received the transcript?Mine have been!
I’m not exactly sure. They received my transcript the next day after I sent it (23rd). I checked a few days ago and it was received in the portal and my GPAs were updated.How long did it take them to update yours after they received the transcript?
It says my transcript has been received and my final pre req is completed. GPA's have not changed yet though!
I received an email from Parchment days ago telling me my transcript was downloaded by the recipient, but there’s no change to my portal. It still says transcript needed and my gpa’s haven’t changed. Is anyone else experiencing that too?
They just updated mine to received but haven’t changed my GPAs. They downloaded them way before Christmas. I guess it just takes them a while.I received an email from Parchment days ago telling me my transcript was downloaded by the recipient, but there’s no change to my portal. It still says transcript needed and my gpa’s haven’t changed. Is anyone else experiencing that too?
I received an email from Parchment days ago telling me my transcript was downloaded by the recipient, but there’s no change to my portal. It still says transcript needed and my gpa’s haven’t changed. Is anyone else experiencing that too?
It was like that for me for a while. It took about 1.5-2 weeks for my portal to say received
Has anyone been having issues with their transcript being received? I got the message from Clearinghouse that Iowa received my transcript, and both my sGPA and last 45 GPA changed but I'm still getting the message that they need my transcript. I've sent them a message already but just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this.
Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal? 😅
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!
Im still waiting for my GPAs to update as well!Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal? 😅
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!
mine updated maybe 1 week after the got my transcript and said the course was completed! idk if that’s helpful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good to know! Thanks 🙂I messaged them through the portal and they updated them after I asked about it.
finnfinn102
Full Member
My heart just dropped with that notification even though I know we aren’t getting decisions soon 😂
MayaFaye
Full Member
Anyone else still waiting patiently for their gpa's to update on the portal? [emoji28]
It says completed next to my last pre req I needed so I know they received my transcript!
Mine updated by itself about a month ago.
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Anyone else almost just faint? No. Just me, haha. I really need this process to be over. My heart can't take it! 🤣😅
Anyone else's GPA still not updated? They received my transcripts a month ago. I'm wondering if I should message them or just be patient
Mine's also not updated either!Anyone else's GPA still not updated? They received my transcripts a month ago. I'm wondering if I should message them or just be patient
I messaged them since it’s been a month, and Kathy told me they should be updated in the next few weeks. We just have to be patient I guess 🙂
I saw a comment on the Facebook page where someone said that admissions started making the ranked list yesterday. Do you think it’s a bad sign, since they’re already making the rankings, if our GPAs aren’t updated yet? Lol
Like the waitlist? How would someone know that?I saw a comment on the Facebook page where someone said that admissions started making the ranked list yesterday. Do you think it’s a bad sign, since they’re already making the rankings, if our GPAs aren’t updated yet? Lol
They said the admissions counselor they talked to told them, "they're making the ranked list today". It sounded like it was the list of who they plan to admit, waitlist, and deny. But of course, I could be wrong.Like the waitlist? How would someone know that?
Welp, that's terrifying 😅They said the admissions counselor they talked to told them, "they're making the ranked list today". It sounded like it was the list of who they plan to admit, waitlist, and deny. But of course, I could be wrong.
Right 🥲 especially since we still have what seems like a million years to wait hahaWelp, that's terrifying 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says received 1/2/2023 and next to the pre req I still needed it has COMPLETEDDoes all of your guys's application portals say that your Fall 2022 transcript was received, or does it still say "Due 1/20"
Does all of your guys's application portals say that your Fall 2022 transcript was received, or does it still say "Due 1/20"
Mine says received 12/22 and my GPAs are still not updated [emoji849]
Same here on the GPA'sMine says received 12/22 and my GPAs are still not updated [emoji849]
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
My GPAs haven't updated, but I'm not sure if might just haven't changed or if they haven't updated them yet. I didn't have any missing pre-reqs (so obviously that one isn't changing). My last 45 might have gone up by 0.01 but that's the only change I could possibly have.