Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are they waiting for...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
maybe they're waiting for a nice round number :rofl: 6CST/7EST?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from my local zoo requesting help with naming their new otter and almost jumped out of my skin 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
When I spoke with Kathy, she said it would be after 5pm on February 15th.

Reactions: 1 user
emoji.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got an email from my local zoo requesting help with naming their new otter and almost jumped out of my skin 😂
omg maymont??? I just had the same exact experience hahahahaha

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they are looking at this forum and delaying it due to the entertainment

• Haha
omg maymont??? I just had the same exact experience hahahahaha
YES omg small world
I should’ve said ex local because I’m in a diff state now but Maymont unintentionally striking anxiety into the hearts of multiple pre-vets that way is hilarious to me

Last edited:
maybe the real iowa state decisions are the friends we made along the way

• Haha
Reactions: 29 users
the way im gaslighting myself that they still have to come out tonight because they would have sent an email by now saying they were delayed..right? RIGHT?

Reactions: 9 users
YES omg small world
I should’ve said ex local because I’m in a diff state now but Maymont unintentionally striking anxiety into the hearts of multiple pre-vets that way is hilarious to me
Is this like Maymont in Richmond?

I literally took a whole exam and decisions still aren't out

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
the way im gaslighting myself that they still have to come out tonight because they would have sent an email by now saying they were delayed..right? RIGHT?
current VM1 at ISU! You should have heard if decisions would be delayed - last year for us they were delayed by about a week and they let us know. Anxiously waiting with you guys for good news! You should hear tonight unless heard otherwise.

• Care
Getting kind of ridiculous considering they're clearly done with the work day

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like it’s gonna be like at 8 PM like how they did it two years ago 😭

Reactions: 1 users
I swear if tomorrow morning they send out an email about decision delays :cautious:

I'm thinking no because it is so late now. Unless they have a time it will automatically send out

I'm a first year at ISU CVM and I wanted to hop on and say hello! I know how important this day is and I am sending good vibes your way!

- To those who are accepted: Congratulations! You beat the odds and I hope you decide to attend ISU!

- To those who are waitlisted: Every day will feel like forever, but just stay positive and I am hopeful they will reach your number!

- To those who are declined: I understand how you are feeling. I am a non-traditional student and it took me 4 application cycles to get accepted. Keep pushing, you will achieve your dreams!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I was just thinking that they would at least send an email telling us it’s delayed so we can stop obsessing

I was just thinking that they would at least send an email telling us it’s delayed so we can stop obsessing
They did send an email last year that the results were coming out later… so I would think they’d do the same this year. But maybe not 🤷‍♀️ hopefully it’ll just be late today 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
I would say it is more likely than not still today. It’s very rare schools would not send decisions without an update during business hours. Trust me, they know today’s date too ;)

As if I don’t have enough things stressing me out right now 🙃

I got an email from Kansas State earlier about a rural vet program that also gave me a heart attack......

Did anyone happen to email them 😭
Just saying…if they’re trying to get out decisions and go home, they’re not wanting to see some anxious applicant emailing them. They’re stressed too

OOS alternate! Thought it'd be a rejection so I will take it!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS alternate, but I will be turning down my spot since I got into my IS. Good luck everyone!!!!!

OOS accepted but I will most likely be turning down my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS alternate!! I will 110% take it omg

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS Accepted!!!!! :love:

Congrats to everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users