Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Have there been any instances in years past where people were pulled off the waitlist before April?
They will give decisions before the April 15 deadline but most of them will come after that. Because they’ve gotta get those seats turned down first!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate, I’ll take it!
Congrats to those accepted!
Best of luck to everyone.

OOS alternate! I'm so ecstatic to still be in the running!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection 😕 I am so heartbroken right now because I was really hoping for the waitlist to have even a little bit of a chance. Congrats to all those accepted and on the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those that got accepted, and good luck to those on the wait list! I’m a current ISU 3rd year, and I was initially OOS waitlisted. When you find out your rank in the waitlist, don’t panic if your number is high. ISU historical goes through the waitlist quickly! I was #115 of 200 something, and if I remember correctly they got up to 160s on the list.

• Love
  • Care
OOS alternate!! Will probably remove myself from the list if I’m accepted at tOSU. Best of luck everyone!!

oos alternate! now back to counting down the days until march 31st lol 🫶

for current iowa vet students, does the waitlist repopulate on your portal as it moves? or do you just get your original rank and then wait?

for current iowa vet students, does the waitlist repopulate on your portal as it moves? or do you just get your original rank and then wait?
In the past they didn’t update it on your portal, you got the original number and then they would tell you what number they were on when they gave updates. So if you for example end up being 100, they will say, “calling #33 today” and so on, if that makes sense!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Filled out the remain on alternate list form and somehow already impatient, it’s gonna be a long month 😅

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Did you guys get any confirmation after completing the alternate form. having anxiety since i didn’t receive anything

I’m confused about the “summer contact info” and the dates for the summer contact info, what did you guys put? My info shouldn’t change so should I just leave it blank

I’m confused about the “summer contact info” and the dates for the summer contact info, what did you guys put? My info shouldn’t change so should I just leave it blank
I just put something like "N/A- same as above"

Has anyone's application status changed since decisions were released last night?

can applicants be pulled from the waitlist before march 31?
They have to wait till the deadline to accept the spot on the waitlist which I believe is March 15. They also need time to rank everybody. I do think in the past it may have started a few days early, but most of the movement on the waitlist comes after April 15. April 15 is the deadline for those accepted initially to send in their deposit and confirm they will be attending. This is when they have a better idea of how many spots will be available.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys get any confirmation after completing the alternate form. having anxiety since i didn’t receive anything
I got a confirmation email as soon as I submitted it! Maybe check your junk mail?

Alternate list!! Congrats to all that got accepted! Hope to see you there!

Really? I did not receive anything
Yeah! It says: “Thank you for submitting the Remain on Alternate List form. Your Status Page will be updated to reflect this. Alternate numbers will be assigned by March 31, 2024.” and then it listed the responses I put.

Yeah! It says: “Thank you for submitting the Remain on Alternate List form. Your Status Page will be updated to reflect this. Alternate numbers will be assigned by March 31, 2024.” and then it listed the responses I put.
I submitted it a second time and got the email. Idk why it didn’t go through first time!

Weird, I didn't get an email either but definitely had the "your response has been recorded" confirmation page after I hit submit on the form

omg it took me a second time to get the email too! so weird.

Y’all got to me I just did it again and got the email too

Y’all got to me I just did it again and got the email too
The way I was following this and was gonna be like “lizard just do it again!!!” 😂💕

• Haha
Omg me as well! Y'all were making me anxious so I did it again 😂😅

The way I was following this and was gonna be like “lizard just do it again!!!” 😂💕
Listennn I didn’t wanna bug them with my multiple forms but the anxiety won out in the end 😭

• Care
  • Haha
I’ve officially declined my waitlist seat and hope one of you guys get off the list even sooner. Good luck to everyone ❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations to all who got in and I hope the waitlisted ones get off quickly! Just curious if anyone got in or waitlisted who scored in the 1st percentile on the Casper? I'm embarrassed to say I got 1st quartile and wasn't accepted or waitlisted, so I was just curious how much Iowa seems to weigh that test!

• Care
Is there any groupchat for accepted students? Would love to start meeting some future classmates!

Congratulations to all who got in and I hope the waitlisted ones get off quickly! Just curious if anyone got in or waitlisted who scored in the 1st percentile on the Casper? I'm embarrassed to say I got 1st quartile and wasn't accepted or waitlisted, so I was just curious how much Iowa seems to weigh that test!
I was waitlisted and I scored in the second percentile. It’s only weighed 10% of your total score apparently according to their website, so I don’t think it’s a huge make or break factor, but my GPA is decent.

Is there any groupchat for accepted students? Would love to start meeting some future classmates!
Last year the only official type of chat was through a class of 2027 canvas course discussion board. It wasn’t a day to day chatting think and I don’t think it was available right away. One of the students created an unofficial group me for our class and that was a good way for everyone to start getting to know one another.

I also got in the first quartile and didn’t get accepted or waitlisted. I have a pretty decent GPA compared to their previous stats and a lot of experience so I’m wondering if that 10 percent just ruined my chances 😭

I was in the fourth quartile and was still waitlisted. It does not seem like it is not highly weighted.

I also got in the first quartile and didn’t get accepted or waitlisted. I have a pretty decent GPA compared to their previous stats and a lot of experience so I’m wondering if that 10 percent just ruined my chances 😭
Same! My GPA isn't stellar, but was definitely around average based on previous stats, and I also have lots of varied experiences. Could also just be the large amount of applicants vs seats this year! If I don't get accepted to another school this year I may steer clear of the Casper for next cycle to make myself feel better lol

I was also waitlisted, and scored in the 4th quartile! I believe it’s only 10% of your score, so not too much weight

I was OOS waitlisted!

4th quartile Casper
3.2 science and last 45 GPA
4000+ veterinary hours
10000+ animal hours
2000+ research hours

I was OOS waitlisted!

4th quartile Casper
3.2 science and last 45 GPA
4000+ veterinary hours
10000+ animal hours
2000+ research hours
Thanks for sharing! My stats are very similar to yours, just the poor Casper score and I didn’t have research!

Thanks for sharing! My stats are very similar to yours, just the poor Casper score and I didn’t have research!
Of course! Don’t let it get you down too bad, this is my third application cycle after two cycles of straight rejections. This year I got waitlisted (Iowa) and interviewed/still waiting to hear from Michigan. You got this!

Did anyone else’s portal switch to “Concluded- Alternate- No Response” that submitted an accept/decline form? I’m guessing they just haven’t gone through the responses yet and are flipping alternates over to the above beforehand but wanted to make sure