Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS alternate

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS acceptance!!! So beyond blessed!!! I will also most likely be declining my spot because I have been accepted into my in-state!! Congrats to all others accepted and good luck to all alternates❤️❤️🤞🏼

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Alternate! This is my third cycle and first time even ending up on a waitlist! Still have Michigan State to hear from :)

Last edited:
OOS accepted! I will be turning down my spot for another program, hope one of you guys get it!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Alternate

Really crossing my fingers for this one!

Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejected, congratulations to everyone who made it!!! It was a stressful couple of hours!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Omg girl I’m so happy for you!!! I feel like I’ve seen you on here a few years and you finally got it!
Honestly such a huge shock and blessing, getting on the ISU waitlist 2 cycles ago was what made me continue to push and reapply this cycle!! I was 236/264 that year on the waitlist! I'll always be so grateful to ISU for keeping my dreams alive!!! ♥️

Reactions: 9 users
OOS acceptance!! Will be declining my seat as I got into my instate institution. Congrats to everyone, hopefully I can help someone on the alternate list out

Reactions: 7 users
Oos accepted!! Now have to decide between Iowa and CSU…

OOS denial. Congrats to all those that were accepted.

• Care
OOS rejected...congrats to everyone

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Honestly such a huge shock and blessing, getting on the ISU waitlist 2 cycles ago was what made me continue to push and reapply this cycle!! I was 236/264 that year on the waitlist! I'll always be so grateful to ISU for keeping my dreams alive!!!

How did you find out your waitlist position?

OOS rejection :( first time applying and seeing others continue to push through rejection will keep me going! Congratulations to everyone accepted :)

• Care
OOS alternate! Hoping for the best! Congrats to everyone who got accepted! 🎉

Does anyone know if Iowa tells you your rank on the waitlist??
The portal message says they’ll let us know 3/31, but I believe they begin pulling people before then

Reactions: 1 user
In the email they said that they will release waitlist rankings on March 31st so long as you accept your spot on the alternate list by March 15th!

OOS rejection :( so happy for everyone who got in or waitlisted. You all deserve it!

• Care
Sorry this was the 2021 cycle i was 236/264 and they let you know it through the portal after a certain date!

OOS acceptance! I will likely decline and attend LMU.

OOS rejection :( first time applying and seeing others continue to push through rejection will keep me going! Congratulations to everyone accepted :)
This is my second cycle! First cycle I was denied without interview for every school but 1. This year I’ve been accepted to 6! Don’t give up!!

• Care
oos alternate! committed to ufcvm, best of luck to everyone

OOS Alternate i could CRYYYY tears of joy 🥹🥹🥹🥹

OOS alternate but will also misread than likely be turning down my position for my IS. ❤️

This is my second cycle! First cycle I was denied without interview for every school but 1. This year I’ve been accepted to 6! Don’t give up!!
thank you :,)!! what would you say you changed most about your application from lat year?

Have there been any instances in years past where people were pulled off the waitlist before April?

OOS acceptance, but I will be turning down my spot as I got into another program I prefer! Wish you all the best!

Reactions: 7 users
Have there been any instances in years past where people were pulled off the waitlist before April?
Yes! IA normally goes pretty for into their OOS waitlist (into the 100s usually), I think for my class people began getting pulled off sometime in March.

Reactions: 2 users
thank you :,)!! what would you say you changed most about your application from lat year?
Experience in both vet med and extracurriculars! I was able to work full time for almost 2 years now in a very hands on position and an extra cycle gave me more time to shadow vets in other fields of medicine. The extra year also let me coach high school field hockey while working full time which I think the schools liked to see. Not having to worry about taking classes anymore just gave me so much time to do everything I want to boost my application and I think getting denied my first cycle was actually the best thing that could have happened!!

• Care
OOS rejection. Congratulations to those accepted!

• Care