Iowa State Signature Page?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VAgirl

UC Davis SVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has submitted the Iowa State Supplemental yet. The signature page that's supposed to be postmarked by tomorrow...how do we find that? Does it appear once we've submitted the online form? Because I haven't hit submit yet, and I don't see one. Also, once you've logged into the supplemental, they no longer say anything about a signature page. They just say the online form must be submitted and the fee must be mailed by Oct. 15.

Can anyone who has done this already clear this up for me?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that it comes up once you submit the online portion.

I just want to say that this supplemental sucks. They make us spend all this time on the VMCAS, and then I read this and feel that all the money I spent just to have the pleasure of doing the VMCAS has been a waste.

I know I shouldn't have waited so long to complete the Iowa supplemental, but I am strongly leaning toward simply not doing it at all because I still have school work to do (four exams last week and assignments due all this week). I may have applied to too many schools because I can't keep up.

Sorry, sometimes you just have to vent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh, I hear you. How many did you apply to?

The signature page will come up once you submit the supp. Believe me that was the worst of my supps. Wasn't a happy dude while I was working on that one.

I completely agree, i feel like the essay questions they asked are just begging for bullsh*t answers. I went on their website to try and figure out how to answer, Why do i want to go to Iowa State? and sadly, it made me NOT want to go there. I think that's a bad sign...Maybe i'm just being crabby though. Does anyone know anything really cool about Iowa State?

One other question...does anyone know what time tomorrow the supplemental needs to be submitted online? I mean, postmarked means it needs to get to a post office and stamped before they close. But does the online portion have any specific time cut off tomorrow?

Thanks.

yeah I am working on both Western and IA and it is no fun! I just wrote about how I wanted to Auburn on their supplemental and why I wanted to go Western on theirs but I had a hard time with why I wanted to go to IA. I think I like the other schools better because I found a lot more to say about them!

Ugh, I hear you. How many did you apply to?
12, because I'm a 'kin idiot. My dad is a veterinarian and I want to continue on and work with him. When he said money wasn't an object I went nuts hoping I could keep up with the apps. Coming off of a week with four exams I just can't do it I'm drained and I still have homework to do.

At this point, having realized that I got seriously offtrack on a conversation with my roommate about baseball and George Washington being deified in the rotunda of the Capitol building, I'm not even going to do the application. I don't feel like staying up all night to finish the other two essays and then paying $60 plus transcript fees. Besides, not applying to Iowa isn't going to make or break my chances for Vet school - especially since Ohio seems much more lucrative since they contacted me for their app, which is due Thursday.

Iowa was a huge pita. I completed it 3 weeks ago tho. I just finished Western tonight tho. I can definitely understand all of the extra work, since I'm a full-time student, with two vet-related jobs and I applied to 17 schools. :thumbdown:

I only have Tufts and LSU supp left to do.

I can definitely understand all of the extra work, since I'm a full-time student, with two vet-related jobs and I applied to 17 schools. :thumbdown:

:eek: 17?! Wow. That must have been a bear. I can't even begin to imagine. Especially with applying to schools that don't participate in VMCAS. I didn't apply to nearly that many. Well, hang in there, I guess it's almost done.

Kymmy- I understand! I am applying to 16 and the supplementals/sending GRES/Transcripts etc are killing me!! Plus my poor horse keeps getting sick right before everything is due, maybe he doesn't want to go to vet school!:confused:

Kymmy- I understand! I am applying to 16 and the supplementals/sending GRES/Transcripts etc are killing me!! Plus my poor horse keeps getting sick right before everything is due, maybe he doesn't want to go to vet school!:confused:
You're horse too!? For the first time in the 7 years I have had my horse, he has dropped a disgusting amount of weight and we couldn't seem to get him to gain it back. He's now on ulcer medication (not sure if it's gastrogard or not), is getting strongid everyday, and is getting 2 huge buckets of grass pellets a day in addition to his normal feeding. He's *finally* beginning to hide his ribs again. Damn thoroughbreds.

Oh yeah we are 7 weeks post colic surgery and my horse had NEVER once coliced in all of his 11 year old life! He was at Tufts for 2 weeks. Before he left Tufts they scoped him for ulcers and found 0, but we did a full course of gastrogard just in case. Friday night he had some bizare allergic reaction, possibly to a spider bite. The vet came out friday night, gave him banamine and dex. He even had a higher temperature and his blood pressure was so high she could hear a murmur (No one has ever heard a murmur on him before.) He was covered in hives and freaking out for 2 days, managed to kick me in the side too! He was convinced there was something on him that was making him itch!:p I love him though!:love: