Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there was accepted/alternate days last year or not too? I double checked my emails and I was not invited to one last year but was this year, as someone who has been waitlisted both cycles. My parents are convinced that this is a good sign that I have been invited (thus higher up on the waitlist) since I didn't get invited last year. I'm convinced that there just wasn't one last year lol.
There was one last year! Current c/o 2027 and attended one of the preview days! Maybe you missed it in your portal messages? But if any of you can go, I highly recommend it! It is a great opportunity to visit the school and check out housing, I was able to put down a deposit on my trailer when I visited as those can be bought pretty fast so it was nice to get that out of the way!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just requested to be removed from the OOS alternate list, I hope for the best for everyone on there!

Reactions: 4 users
I just declined my seat for LMU. hopefully the waitlist keeps moving! Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the attire for the visit day this weekend? Want to make sure I pack appropriate outfits

anyone know the attire for the visit day this weekend? Want to make sure I pack appropriate outfits
I emailed and asked this earlier today!
IMG_7363.jpeg

For those of you on the waitlist- I spoke to Kathy today at the preview day, and she said that waitlist positions will likely go up on Friday the 29th!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I’m planning to fly out to Iowa for preview day next weekend but don’t want to waste my time if I’m super low on the waitlist. I haven’t decided what my cutoff number should be… Does anyone have any idea how low they typically get into the numbers? I know it can vary on how many students accepted, etc. Am I the only one thinking this way? 😂

I’m planning to fly out to Iowa for preview day next weekend but don’t want to waste my time if I’m super low on the waitlist. I haven’t decided what my cutoff number should be… Does anyone have any idea how low they typically get into the numbers? I know it can vary on how many students accepted, etc. Am I the only one thinking this way? 😂
I was told they’ve gone into the 160s!! I would say super safe range then may be <100????? But who is to say it could be totally different any year

I’m planning to fly out to Iowa for preview day next weekend but don’t want to waste my time if I’m super low on the waitlist. I haven’t decided what my cutoff number should be… Does anyone have any idea how low they typically get into the numbers? I know it can vary on how many students accepted, etc. Am I the only one thinking this way?

So I was on the waitlist in the past and made a document with information on where they got on the waitlist for the past few years.I didn't update it with last year's information. But it has class of 2026 followed by general timeline of when the spot was called of the list and how far down the list they went. The link above should take you to it.

Reactions: 2 users

So I was on the waitlist in the past and made a document with information on where they got on the waitlist for the past few years.I didn't update it with last year's information. But it has class of 2026 followed by general timeline of when the spot was called of the list and how far down the list they went. The link above should take you to it.
Oh this was super helpful!! Thank you!!!!

do yall know if they’re going to send an email saying the waitlist positions have been uploaded? I imagine it’ll be like when decisions were announced where they’ll send an email about a new message being posted on the portal

My waitlist position has been uploaded. #56, will be declining my waitlist position. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think they’re going in order? I didn’t get mine yet but all of y’all are 65 and under

• Care
Just got mine! #20! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist! Hopefully it starts moving soon!

oo i’m so nervous. i haven’t heard anything :(

I don't think it is in order! Last year it was across two days and some people who got it the following day were super low even #12. Not sure what the order is but I do not think it's bad news to have not heard yet. Stay positive!!

Reactions: 6 users
I don't think it is in order! Last year it was across two days and some people who got it the following day were super low even #12. Not sure what the order is but I do not think it's bad news to have not heard yet. Stay positive!!
Maybe it’s in alphabetical order? but I agree! It definitely doesn’t seem to be numerical!

Could be! Hard to tell with all of our anonymous names. I know if it is alphabetical I should have been pretty much last. But maybe just our ID # or something. But definitely don't think it's bad news if you haven't heard.

Thanks for sharing this. Trying to hold myself together over here 🥴

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
They def haven’t released them all yet everyone hold tight! It says /268 so they probably have a good amount to get through

My rank is 19/268. For anyone feeling discouraged, last year my rank was 222, so a lot can change in a year!

Reactions: 1 users
My rank is 19/268. For anyone feeling discouraged, last year my rank was 222, so a lot can change in a year!
if you don’t mind me asking what did you do this cycle that you feel helped better your application!

if you don’t mind me asking what did you do this cycle that you feel helped better your application!
I started a masters program! i also retook ochem for a much better grade and continued working at my vet clinic

I wanted to mention this too! My rank last year was 162 and now I am 38/268!! Our time all comes eventually, whether or not when we want it to. I feel 1000% more prepared to enter vet school this year than i did at this time last year. it truly was a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: 3 users
I started a masters program! i also retook ochem for a much better grade and continued working at my vet clinic
Can I ask if you did your masters online vs in person and what subject? There are so many options. Thinking about applying to a few

Did you get an email saying your status was updated for the alternate number ? Or you just checked your page

Can I ask if you did your masters online vs in person and what subject? There are so many options. Thinking about applying to a few
I did my Microbio masters at UW Madison, which is where i went to undergrad. I also squeezed it (a two year program) into one year. If i could go back I would definitely find an online one year one. I’ve heard a lot of good things about UFs masters.

I did not get accepted or put on the waitlist but I popped in to wish everyone luck since the 31st was coming up but I see they are already releasing ranks! Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Not to be That Guy but it seems awfully like they’re going in order this year from what’s been posted here?

Where are you logging into to find your number? Your application page?
Yes it’s right on the my status page under application status a new line formed and it says Alternate Rank: 101/268

Mine just came in. 153/268. Never got an email or text, it just popped up