-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State, where are you?
Started by Bearby
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
6 sounds like a plan.
I'm up for either place, but depending on how many of us there are, we might be better off with a place that takes reservations?
P, want to meet up in the hotel and head over together? Or whoever else is staying at the Garden Inn.
I'm in Mississippi where it's like 60 today...Home and Iowa are going to be freezing compared to this!
I'm up for either place, but depending on how many of us there are, we might be better off with a place that takes reservations?
P, want to meet up in the hotel and head over together? Or whoever else is staying at the Garden Inn.
I'm in Mississippi where it's like 60 today...Home and Iowa are going to be freezing compared to this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...because I'm anal and need to plan.
The List:
Cowgirla
Parietal
HandD42
Variegata
If I missed you, add yourself on!
The List:
Cowgirla
Parietal
HandD42
Variegata
If I missed you, add yourself on!
P, want to meet up in the hotel and head over together? Or whoever else is staying at the Garden Inn.
Sounds great. Also, if anyone isn't renting a car, let me know and we can pick you up. Would hate for anyone to miss out if they want to come.
Someplace with reservations sounds like a good idea if we get a big enough group...
I'm in Mississippi where it's like 60 today...Home and Iowa are going to be freezing compared to this!
So jealous! I'm insanely excited that we may get to 30 here in a couple days...
Hrmmm is anyone else nervous about the "freezing rain email" we got?
Looks like Saturday and Sunday (and probably Friday) should be fine. A bit of snow, but temps well below 32 on Saturday and Sunday, so probably little chance of freezing rain. Maybe the forecast for Friday was originally a bit warmer?
Anyone else not able to get to their interview this weekend because of the crazy blizzard that is hitting the mid-atlantic area? I'm glad the school is being so accommodating-rescheduling those that can't make it for feb 19 or 20. Just wondering if anyone else is not going to be able to make it.
Anyone else not able to get to their interview this weekend because of the crazy blizzard that is hitting the mid-atlantic area? I'm glad the school is being so accommodating-rescheduling those that can't make it for feb 19 or 20. Just wondering if anyone else is not going to be able to make it.
If they're still interviewing on the 19th and 20th would I be correct in assuming that we won't know our status on the 15th anymore? Man, the waiting is killing me.
If they're still interviewing on the 19th and 20th would I be correct in assuming that we won't know our status on the 15th anymore? Man, the waiting is killing me.
I interviewed this morning, and Dr. Howard said February 15 was the day, so it seems like that hasn't changed (as of now, anyway).
The idea of a behavioral interview really freaked me out going in, but I think this one went better than my KS one did. 🙂
I interviewed this morning, and Dr. Howard said February 15 was the day, so it seems like that hasn't changed (as of now, anyway).
The idea of a behavioral interview really freaked me out going in, but I think this one went better than my KS one did. 🙂
i was wondering if you had made it to your interview due to the weather. hope it went well!
I interviewed this morning, and Dr. Howard said February 15 was the day, so it seems like that hasn't changed (as of now, anyway).
The idea of a behavioral interview really freaked me out going in, but I think this one went better than my KS one did. 🙂
Yay! See you tonight!
If anyone here actually had to reschedule to the 20th I will be at ISU on the 21st for an interview for a different program and am down for causing trouble in Ames! 😉
I interviewed this morning, and Dr. Howard said February 15 was the day, so it seems like that hasn't changed (as of now, anyway).
The idea of a behavioral interview really freaked me out going in, but I think this one went better than my KS one did. 🙂
Just got back...went WAY better than mhy Mississippi one, that's for sure. It's right up there with Kansas too. I really had a great time liked the school, large animal facility is awesome, people are nice, the weather was warmer than I was expecting, and yes, they said 2/15 was the day.
For those of you who haven't gone yet, make sure you look at the interview feedback. All of the questions they used were in there. 🙂
Looking forward to dinner tonight! This day can only get better 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyonee hav the number of someone who is in the admissions office on interview day?
I'm having a medical issue
Thanks
From the last email they sent out:
. If you find yourself having travel difficulties please call us at 515-294-5337. If you cannot reach anyone at this number please feel free to call my cell phone at 515-450-2103 as I will have this with me at all times and have no problem with your calling me at this number.
I hope you feel better and I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you!
Does anyonee hav the number of someone who is in the admissions office on interview day?
I'm having a medical issue.
Poor HandD! Hope you're feeling better.
It was great to meet you cowgirla and variegata as well as some of the SDN lurkers! 😀
Last edited:
I just got accepted to my IS school so I am going to give up my spot on the make up interview day- Feb 20. I hope this helps someone get a little bit closer to their dream!
Wanted to let everyone know I heard today that Dr. Thomson is planning on retiring as dean of the vet college at the end of the calendar year. I spent a few minuets talking to him while I was interviewing and really thought he seemed like a great dean. I did hear that he was planning to stay on the faculty.
Only 4 more days until the 15th!!!!
Should we make paper-chains? lol
Good luck, everyone! 



not to freak anyone out but.....we find out TOMORROW!!! eeeK! soooo nervous!
If we don't get a call tomorrow, is it safe to assume we're rejected? Or do they call everyone?
My impression from the dean was no news = bad news
He said they give him "the list" and he makes the calls, so I assume it's only the accepted 🙁
I don't know if I can handle this stress...my cell will be attached to my hip all day, that's for sure. I wish I didn't have to work and could just relax at home...with 2 waitlists, I'm really hoping for some better news, but at the same time. trying not to get my hopes up too much.
I think it's weird that they planned calls for Presidents' day. I doubt they'd call anyone with bad news, that just seems cruel...and I don't think they'd want to jump face first into any "Why didn't you pick me?" conversations.
I have work all day tomorrow too--won't see my cell all day! I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you, Cowgirla. Hopefully this will be the one to open the acceptance floodgate for all the rest!
I have work all day tomorrow too--won't see my cell all day! I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you, Cowgirla. Hopefully this will be the one to open the acceptance floodgate for all the rest!
Most likely, you should get an email tomorrow. The email will either say you are being offered a spot for the class of 2014, have been placed on the alternate list, or have not had your application acted upon favorably. You should be stalking the inbox, not the phone or mailman!!
To those who will be accepted: CONGRATULATIONS!
To those on the waitlist: hang in there, ISU goes DEEP into it (#92 (ish) for the class of 2013)
To those who didn't make it: I'm sorry, but keep your heads up because it is a very tough process...
Best of luck to everyone! Here's to hoping!

To those who will be accepted: CONGRATULATIONS!
To those on the waitlist: hang in there, ISU goes DEEP into it (#92 (ish) for the class of 2013)
To those who didn't make it: I'm sorry, but keep your heads up because it is a very tough process...
Best of luck to everyone! Here's to hoping!


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most likely, you should get an email tomorrow. The email will either say you are being offered a spot for the class of 2014, have been placed on the alternate list, or have not had your application acted upon favorably. You should be stalking the inbox, not the phone or mailman!!
To those who will be accepted: CONGRATULATIONS!
To those on the waitlist: hang in there, ISU goes DEEP into it (#92 (ish) for the class of 2013)
To those who didn't make it: I'm sorry, but keep your heads up because it is a very tough process...
Best of luck to everyone! Here's to hoping!![]()
At the interview, they made a BIG point of saying that they would making phone calls on the 15th...
I heard that some people weren't able to make their February interviews and have been rescheduled to this weekend. Do you think they have a worse/better chance of being admitted after decisions for many have been made? Maybe they will tell them if they were accepted that day.
When I interviewed they never mentioned anything about receiving a phone call unless you were accepted and that the phone call would come after emails had been sent out. I applied to Iowa last year and we all received an email on the same day and those who were accepted received a phone call after (like a week or two later). So I shall be stalking my inbox. Obviously I could be wrong and they could surprise us with calls but I'm pretty sure it'll just be emails tomorrow 🙂 good luck everyone!
When I interviewed they never mentioned anything about receiving a phone call unless you were accepted and that the phone call would come after emails had been sent out. I applied to Iowa last year and we all received an email on the same day and those who were accepted received a phone call after (like a week or two later). So I shall be stalking my inbox. Obviously I could be wrong and they could surprise us with calls but I'm pretty sure it'll just be emails tomorrow 🙂 good luck everyone!
This is the way it was explained to me and how it normally happens. My only question is if they are going to make offers tomorrow but leave open 20 spots since they still have that many interviewees left? Anyway, since there are still a number of people to interview I wouldn't freak out if you don't hear tomorrow.
P.S. You applied to Iowa State last year, not Iowa. Really I'm kidding with you but when you live here there's a very big difference between the two. 😉
Just got my email - waitlisted. 🙁
Holy crap - I'll be seeing some of you this fall. Class of 2014!
I can't wait - it's such an awesome school.
I can't wait - it's such an awesome school.Another waitlist...
Sigh....
Sigh....
Congrats to those of you who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting!
For those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope--like kayakman said, we got through alternate 92 or so for our class.
For those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope--like kayakman said, we got through alternate 92 or so for our class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds suspiciously like terminated.
Oh my god! I'm IN! I am SO excited! I'm going to be a vet!
Congrats Parietal!!!!
For those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope--like kayakman said, we got through alternate 92 or so for our class.
THIS ^
They usually plow through the waitlist after April 15, so for those of you waitlisted here, don't lose hope. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K
D
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 996
D