This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

More_Rice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a senior and just recently finished applying to medical school. I am now just waiting for interview invitations. However, I was curious about getting a masters degree if I do not get in this cycle. I would just like to know whether or not obtaining it abroad would affect my chances compared to taking it here in the US.
I was thinking about doing a double masters program offered in France, if taking it abroad did not matter.

Also, if anyone can recommend any good Masters programs to take, both in and out of the US, before going into med school that would be awesome!

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am currently a senior and just recently finished applying to medical school. I am now just waiting for interview invitations. However, I was curious about getting a masters degree if I do not get in this cycle. I would just like to know whether or not obtaining it abroad would affect my chances compared to taking it here in the US.
I was thinking about doing a double masters program offered in France, if taking it abroad did not matter.

Also, if anyone can recommend any good Masters programs to take, both in and out of the US, before going into med school that would be awesome!

Thank you very much!

Going abroad for education would better benefit your "life experiences" than your education in the eyes of most programs. If you'd like to improve your education or GPA side of your application, you should definitely stay in the country. Whatever you pursue, make sure you're at a program that you will receive A's at, otherwise your masters program could end up hurting you.

Additionally, consider the financial burden and time to pursue a double masters in France- the travel, lodging, food, tuition, visas, etc. alone make this idea less than desirable IMO. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users