Is anyone willing to share their Pediatrics rotation experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pradas

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before I start I want to thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Any feedback is very much appreciated! (I originally posted this in the Allopathic forum, but I figured this was a more suitable place)

Hi everyone! I am currently a high school student working on a project about pediatricians, which is a career I am currently interested in. I wanted to gather some information in regards to what their typical day is like, the pros/cons of this career, personal experiences, etc. but the few local pediatricians I reached out to were understandably unavailable to answer my questions. However, I still want to have some insight on the career coming from those who have personal experience in pediatrics, so here I am! If any of you are currently in or have already completed your rotation in pediatrics, I would love to ask you a few questions.

1. What are some of the things you liked and disliked while working in this rotation?
2. What was a typical day like?
3. How would you describe the work environment? (Fast-paced, slow, uplifting, etc.)
4. Would you say you had a positive, negative, or neutral overall experience?
5. Would you consider a career in pediatrics? Why or why not?

Feel free to answer a few of the questions or all of them. Sharing any stories is appreciated as well. I am also aware that completing a rotation in pediatrics is not equivalent to being an actual pediatrician, but thank you all so much in advance. I hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you the best of luck on your careers! 🙂