Is anyone willing to share their Pediatrics rotation experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pradas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I start I want to thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Any feedback is very much appreciated! (I originally posted this in the Allopathic forum, but I figured this was a more suitable place)

Hi everyone! I am currently a high school student working on a project about pediatricians, which is a career I am currently interested in. I wanted to gather some information in regards to what their typical day is like, the pros/cons of this career, personal experiences, etc. but the few local pediatricians I reached out to were understandably unavailable to answer my questions. However, I still want to have some insight on the career coming from those who have personal experience in pediatrics, so here I am! If any of you are currently in or have already completed your rotation in pediatrics, I would love to ask you a few questions.

1. What are some of the things you liked and disliked while working in this rotation?
2. What was a typical day like?
3. How would you describe the work environment? (Fast-paced, slow, uplifting, etc.)
4. Would you say you had a positive, negative, or neutral overall experience?
5. Would you consider a career in pediatrics? Why or why not?

Feel free to answer a few of the questions or all of them. Sharing any stories is appreciated as well. I am also aware that completing a rotation in pediatrics is not equivalent to being an actual pediatrician, but thank you all so much in advance. I hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you the best of luck on your careers! :)

Members don't see this ad.