Is anyone withdrawing from Penn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am on Tier II waitlist, and I want to see if anyone else on Tier II is withdrawing as well? Basically, I have been told it's like a "gentleman's rejection". Is this right? Basically we have no hope at this level right?
 
Judging from the wording on the letter ("very unlikely" or something like that), I figure we have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in. I'm still on the list, but I've pretty much put it behind me. Once I make my final decision on a school, I'll probably just withdraw.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You might as well hang on to the waitlist Scooby -- we have waited this long, so why not a few more months. If I remember correctly, people do get in from Tier-II.
 
I will VERY happily withdraw from Penn if I get into Duke off the waitlist! Anyone know anything about how the Duke list works? 😀
 
Anyone feel like calling and asking how many people are on each tier and if they've started any waitlist movement?