D
deleted757041
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I'm an American in my second year as an undergrad at a US institution. I'm not super worried about my chances at getting into a US med school as my gpa is so far solid and I (hopefully) expect to do well on the mcat next year.
However, I've been looking at the possibility of doing med school in Ireland/UK (since an EU degree may open doors for me in the future to practice in Europe) or maybe 'Straya/NZ more and more recently. I definitely plan to do residency in the US and the residency programmes that I'm interested in aren't relatively competitive (atleast for USMGs) from what I've heard (leaning heavily for Emergency Med but considering IM+fellowship.) I was wondering if having a foreign med school as my first choice would be a bad idea
I'm an American in my second year as an undergrad at a US institution. I'm not super worried about my chances at getting into a US med school as my gpa is so far solid and I (hopefully) expect to do well on the mcat next year.
However, I've been looking at the possibility of doing med school in Ireland/UK (since an EU degree may open doors for me in the future to practice in Europe) or maybe 'Straya/NZ more and more recently. I definitely plan to do residency in the US and the residency programmes that I'm interested in aren't relatively competitive (atleast for USMGs) from what I've heard (leaning heavily for Emergency Med but considering IM+fellowship.) I was wondering if having a foreign med school as my first choice would be a bad idea