Is Goljian Audio really that good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Reborn24

I keep hearing people talk about Goljian. But I listened to his audio lectures and I can't imagjine too many usmle type questions that could come from his lectures

Members don't see this ad.

They do - i dont think he's always correct, but I listed to a lecture on HL and he mentioned how polycythemia vera has hyperhisterinemia as a major side effect and a common presentation is a patient saying their itching after a shower.

Well that same question is on Qbank addressed the same way. Yet, in my BRS path book (what everoyne else considers the pathology bible) - there's no mention of it.

That's just an example, there are a lot of people I know that did extremely well using solely goljan and his notes. Gluck.

I've been listening to the Goljan lectures along with our class pathology lectures and this guy just has a way of explaining things that sticks. I pull away key associations that I would of never made without the help of that half crazed Armenian...I'm thinking he's as close to a pathology god as there is out there. I admit that he gets on my nerves at times with his goofy antics but bottom line his style and ability to convey the high yield topics is stellar board prep.

I've been listening to the Goljan lectures along with our class pathology lectures and this guy just has a way of explaining things that sticks. I pull away key associations that I would of never made without the help of that half crazed Armenian...I'm thinking he's as close to a pathology god as there is out there. I admit that he gets on my nerves at times with his goofy antics but bottom line his style and ability to convey the high yield topics is stellar board prep.

You don't like hearing about him dangling his grandsons by their feet? I love that junx! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
WHOS%20YOUR%20PAPI.jpg

They do - i dont think he's always correct, but I listed to a lecture on HL and he mentioned how polycythemia vera has hyperhisterinemia as a major side effect and a common presentation is a patient saying their itching after a shower.

Well that same question is on Qbank addressed the same way. Yet, in my BRS path book (what everoyne else considers the pathology bible) - there's no mention of it.

That's just an example, there are a lot of people I know that did extremely well using solely goljan and his notes. Gluck.

What's funny is I was thinking he was overemphasizing the post-shower itching/histamine release of PRV, but sure enough, when I was on Heme/Onc, a lady came in and was complaining, "Doc, I itch like crazy if I take a warm shower." Goljan and his notes are great for hitting the little pearls like that, and even stuff like Guillain-Barre syndrome and Legionella where gold for USMLE/COMLEX. What makes Goljan unique, IMHO, is how he manages to intergrate path with biochem and histo and epidemiology, etc. I already own the old RR and the old stars and have the notes he gave us in class, but I'm still more than likely going to buy the new RR because it'll be cheaper than paying to have my notes bound.